Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

WE ARE APP STATE! OWN IT PEOPLE!

WXAPP
School: Appalachian State

WE ARE APP STATE! OWN IT PEOPLE!

Unread post by WXAPP » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:32 pm

So, here's what I know.....

1. We are not entitled to anything.
2. 3 years and 3 coaches and staff.
3. We will adjust. We will be fine. That's what we do.
4. Marshall next year, is D.O.A. Damn sure love that this rivalry is back.
5. We ARE APP STATE! Embrace it, own it, support it, and lift up those young men and coaching staff!

-WXAPP
Twitter: @wxcrum

ASUFan4863

Re: WE ARE APP STATE! OWN IT PEOPLE!

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:44 am

Losing is needed to learn. However, losses like these are ones that could start to linger in the minds of players. Zac goes from one of the best QBs in College football to someone with no confidence in two games. A lot of people are not as comfortable as they were last week with the current regime. It’s way too early to measure anything like that, but, how the team prepares and performs next Saturday will be a testament to the coaching staff.
If we come out firing and ready for Sun Belt play then we can relax a bit, but if we come out and make mistakes to let Campbell hang around, then I think we have a larger problem on our hands then just “one bad game”.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:45 am

WXAPP wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:32 pm
So, here's what I know.....

1. We are not entitled to anything.
2. 3 years and 3 coaches and staff.
3. We will adjust. We will be fine. That's what we do.
4. Marshall next year, is D.O.A. Damn sure love that this rivalry is back.
5. We ARE APP STATE! Embrace it, own it, support it, and lift up those young men and coaching staff!

-WXAPP
Thank you. We will be fine. There was a particular ne'er say well on the TIGMA Facebook page who was calling for "heads to roll" and mentioning the possibility of a losing season. The site's admin nipped that in the bud very quickly but knee-jerk reactions like that are not the answer.

As for Campbell my advice is to be very leery of them. Their QB is a good one and they will give us fits. Fear no one, respect all.

That being said even after yesterday's game: if you're lucky enough to be a Mountaineer you're lucky enough! At least we're not uncheat....or the Stink....or Furple....
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:59 am

Great post, well said. After a good nights sleep and more reflection, we just had a bad game and Marshall was more hungry. We really have to correct our mental mistakes. Let’s learn from this and beat the crap out of Campbell to give us momentum into defending our SBC Championship.

I do not care if this team doesn’t win a game, nothing will ever stop me from cheering on my Mountaineers on Saturday’s. Go App!!
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:19 am

Wearing my new TIGMA shirt today as yesterday was reserved for jersey day just in case coach needs me 😁. App St. All day long...win or lose. WE ARE APP. ST.!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:54 am

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:44 am
Losing is needed to learn. However, losses like these are ones that could start to linger in the minds of players. Zac goes from one of the best QBs in College football to someone with no confidence in two games. A lot of people are not as comfortable as they were last week with the current regime. It’s way too early to measure anything like that, but, how the team prepares and performs next Saturday will be a testament to the coaching staff.
If we come out firing and ready for Sun Belt play then we can relax a bit, but if we come out and make mistakes to let Campbell hang around, then I think we have a larger problem on our hands then just “one bad game”.
This. I have faith that our guys will come together after this. How can they not? God knows that flight home must have been a tough one.

We've played the same offensive game since Sutton went out and it's clear now it needs to be updated. Without a true deep threat the pro style run game cant work correctly. Hopefully Clark and Petersen recognize this, spread the offense out a bit and pick up the pace. The team is littered with talent. If Petersen is cognizant enough to adapt to the team like he says then I imagine he will be intelligent enough to see where the weaknesses are.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:08 am

I probably did my share of complaining on the game thread but the game is over. Folks who just can’t seem to accept a loss are baffling. As crazy as it sounds most (if not all) of the teams we play actually recruit and sign really good players. They hire very smart coaches who run practices, implement game plans and their teams occasionally execute. Sometimes those teams actually display enough talent and abilities to beat us.

I don’t know about all of y’all but nothing about this season feels right. I don’t know maybe it’s this COVID deal, players not able to play, guys opting out, little to know fans in the stands, Campbell (bless their hearts) playing on prime time,etc. I’m grateful that we have some semblance of sports but it’s exhausting just waiting for the next disastrous event to happen. College football is jacked up this year so we should just relax and take it one day at a time and try to enjoy what we get.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:37 am

I didn't spend time in the game thread because I am pretty sure what is there - my guess, and it is only a guess, is it was filled with angst and overreaction ---
Some days the ball doesn't bounce your way - Some days your opponent is better that day - Some days nothing seems to go right --- I think we can check off all 3 for yesterday -

I know some of you guys don't care for Marshall - full disclosure, I am not one of those. I never pull against Marshall and there are only 2 teams where I would be pulling harder for The Herd's opponent - APP State and WVU.

As a native of West BY GOD Virginia I know the crush of their history, One of my high school coaches Jim Moss (WVU RB/LB) died in the crash as well as a guy I knew from my hometown. That never leaves our thoughts whenever we hear or think of Marshall Football.

I said all of this to let you know I don't come from the same place on this as many of you.
OK - The Game
1. I was impressed with Marshall - they were better than I expected - in all facets
2. Remember their OL was 5 seniors who have played a lot of football together - it is what we praise our OL with quite often
3. Their RB Knox is really good - he was the CUSA Offensive Player of the Year last season and he looks it again
4.Their FR QB hung in there better than I expected - we seemed to have him rattled early but that didn't last and not sure if the credit goes to him or we backed off - either way, he delivered what he needed
5. Their defense was solid and this really surprised me - no one in 4-5 years has stopped us from scoring points - Yes, we had some weapons missing - but give them credit
6. Doc Holliday is a good coach with a lot of experience and this was Coach Clark's 3rd game
7. I'm sure our special teams have been fully discussed and I don't have a clue what the answer is
8. I though our Offensive play calling was quite puzzling - I could see no plan or rhythm - Marcus was sorely missed
9. Our defense played well enough to win the game by holding them to 17 points but they must improve on 3rd down and I am sure they will.
10. I would not put too much into the penalties - the refs literally can call something on every play in a game and I thought these guys were trying to do that - Yes, there were a couple of bone-headed plays but those seem always to happen - the Refs hurt Marshall more than us

To me, this game means very little to nothing as for our season goals - as much as we daydream we were not going to a NY6 - and with the Big 10 back and probably the Pac12 we aren't looking at much exciting in the bowl mix - We still have the division championship and the SB Conference championship game - From what I see so far with SB the teams look better so no one will have any easy road
I do see us again playing in the Championship game ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 am

A quick thought this morning... If fans are upset at losing (which is ok---no true supporter of their school ever wants to lose) just imagine how upset the players and coaches are... They work YEAR ROUND for a dozen or so games a year. Oh they will say you have to flush this and move on, and to some extent that's true, but if you don't think this loss is still stinging badly this morning, you've never played sports. I believe Shawn Clark has waaaay too much pride in this program to not fix this. He'll get the ironing board out and smooth out the wrinkles.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:06 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:41 am
I believe Shawn Clark has waaaay too much pride in this program to not fix this. He'll get the ironing board out and smooth out the wrinkles.
Yes. Put yourself in his shoes right now. How do you think he feels about what happened to the program his coach Jerry Moore and friend Satt built? Hes a new head coach and we saw the same thing from Satt early on. He wouldn't have been hired of he wasnt capable and up to the job. Yesterday was a much needed eye opener for the players and probably the opportunity Clark and Petersen were looking for to tweak the offense to work with out a deep threat like Sutton.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:39 pm

For the time being, I’m taking solace in the fact that, ever since Liberty in ‘14, we have generally responded to a game like yesterday with a vengeance for the rest of the season. The exception was the back to back losses mid-season ‘17, after the heartbreaker to Wake. But, even then, we salvaged the season with a share of the CC and a bowl win. Do I like what I’m seeing? No. Am I butt hurt about yesterday? Yes. We’ve got a lot of cleaning up to do in a short amount of time, but until our guys prove me wrong, I’m going with “We’ve been here at least once every FBS year, and we’ve been fine”. Too much talent on this team and staff to think otherwise at this point.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:30 pm

For some folks, we are either the greatest team in the world or we suck. And, actually they tend to be the same people. They thump their chests when we are winning and throw everybody under the bus when we lose.

There is much to be disappointed with in yesterday's performance. This did not look like App State teams we have become accustomed to in recent years. But, it's way too early to throw in the towel. However, we don't have a lot of time to correct our shortcomings with UL, StAte, and GS coming up after Campbell. So, it won't take long for us to realize if we are going to achieve the goals of an SBC championship and a bowl victory. But, we fool ourselves if our goals weren't bigger than that whether they were "a daydream" or not.

Of course, Marshall had a lot to do with how much we struggled yesterday. We rarely face a G5 team that can match our speed and quickness but we did yesterday. On one level you can accept the fact that the other team was better than us. That was the case yesterday. The concerning aspect are the self-inflicted mistakes we made. Some are correctible (hopefully) but some others are becoming part of a pattern. One thing is for certain, the Campbell game takes on a whole new level of interest for App fans.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Fans daydreams - players and coaches can dream as big as they choose -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”