Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Ticket Allocation: App vs Ark St

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Ticket Allocation: App vs Ark St

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:34 am

appstate24 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:36 pm
shhelms wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:53 pm
appstate24 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:42 pm
Tried to find my Yosef Club standing, where do we find that ranking?

GO APPS!!
https://tkt.xosn.com/donor/DonorProfile ... M_ID=21500
Where on this page is our ranking? I must be overlooking it.
Over to right, there are vertical tabs... Click on TICKETS and you'll see it. (Hapapp gets the credit)

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:41 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:04 am
By my calculation there is <38,000 linear feet of seating which means there will be 18 feet of seating per individual.

But I hear we have Mandy on retainer to help us.
Are you considering having some space for rows in front and behind? Social distance is not just horizontal along a row in a stadium.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:02 am

Of course that’s part of it. But you aren’t considering people go to games in groups of 3-6?

My family of four would be allocated 72 feet of space.

Proves 7% was put together with poor assumptions and /or by someone that doesn’t understand math or the science they claim to follow.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:46 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:02 am
Of course that’s part of it. But you aren’t considering people go to games in groups of 3-6?

Proves 7% was put together with poor assumptions and /or by someone that doesn’t understand math or the science they claim to follow.
Surely groups, that come to the game together, will be allowed to “sit together”. Separation of people who come together seems to be unreasonable.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 am

Of course people will be able to sit together. They rode in the car together for 60-200 minutes.

That’s part of my point.

We forget how to use math and science at times.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am

Saint3333 wrote:

You are making an assumption I was not considering the group size. I am aware not everyone goes into a stadium as a group size of 1. However, I do know a few folks, that go to the game by themselves and I do that some myself but you are correct that some and I imagine many, likely most, fans go in groups larger than 1.

I still think a better way to look at this is to think about the area of the seating. Project the seating area onto a 2-D space and then look at the 6 ft space per person. Maybe you were doing that but given the units of feet you seem to be thinking linear on this and not in terms of 6 ft in all directions which would get you to ft squared for units. One needs 144 ft squared to maintain 6 ft in all directions. Note my units are squared. Yes in groups of three or more the space could be tighter for the group but unless the ticket office knows the exact group size it would be hard to determine all of that and then one has groups purchasing tickets at all times of the day and in no particular order. I assume a computer program could be written to deal with all of this on the fly but it would be some work on the backend that is more than just the ticket selection that is in place now for price range, group size and then shown what is available. The other thing about packing groups in tighter and only separating groups is that there is still people breathing in and out in close proximity and concession lines and restrooms. There are multiple variables at play here.

I am not going to argue that 7% is the magical number and that going a bit higher or a bit lower might be more "Correct." I don't think there is a "correct" value actually like the density of aluminum is 2.7 g/cm^3 to two sig figs.

The reason I don't think there is a "correct" value is that some of the inputs are going to be a bit squishy on something like outdoor seating. One input (that may or may not be in play) is the amount of UV light that day. Boone can be cloudy which lowers UV incident at KBS. The higher elevation would increase UV light in Boone. Predicting weather weeks out is tough however, so that is squishy, but the angle of the sun to the earth on game day for Boone is not going to be squishy. All it takes in one squishy input to have a squishy output.

So having a range of what might be "Correct" for seating doesn't mean that the incorrect range is also squishy. Expecting 90-100% attendance to not cause problems would be incorrect logic. Must the stadium be 90 to 93% empty to maintain a safe environment? There it can be a bit squishy.

If I missed somewhere earlier in the thread where you did your math then let me know as I may have missed it but based on your units you are thinking linearly and 1-D with something that is more 2-D in nature. I assume the slope of the seats is insignificant enough to not play into a need to deal with this in 3-D and cubed space.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:47 am

In the games I have watched on TV it appears the fans are seated in pods. The only ones socially distanced On individual basis are cheerleaders and bands in the stands.
Bring Your A Game!

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:49 am

I also wonder: if you donated your season ticket money to the special initiative, I was told this also meant you gave away your season tickets for the year. If so, this penalized those who were generous with their funds. Now are we going back and not allowing those generous folks to be part of a game, regardless of rank? I originally donated my season tickets, but once I heard that meant I was opting out of season tickets, i changed my mind and kept them (to get credit for every game i missed towards next years tix). Seams backwards if this is how it works out.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:51 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am
Saint3333 wrote:

You are making an assumption I was not considering the group size. I am aware not everyone goes into a stadium as a group size of 1. However, I do know a few folks, that go to the game by themselves and I do that some myself but you are correct that some and I imagine many, likely most, fans go in groups larger than 1.

I still think a better way to look at this is to think about the area of the seating. Project the seating area onto a 2-D space and then look at the 6 ft space per person. Maybe you were doing that but given the units of feet you seem to be thinking linear on this and not in terms of 6 ft in all directions which would get you to ft squared for units. One needs 144 ft squared to maintain 6 ft in all directions. Note my units are squared. Yes in groups of three or more the space could be tighter for the group but unless the ticket office knows the exact group size it would be hard to determine all of that and then one has groups purchasing tickets at all times of the day and in no particular order. I assume a computer program could be written to deal with all of this on the fly but it would be some work on the backend that is more than just the ticket selection that is in place now for price range, group size and then shown what is available. The other thing about packing groups in tighter and only separating groups is that there is still people breathing in and out in close proximity and concession lines and restrooms. There are multiple variables at play here.

I am not going to argue that 7% is the magical number and that going a bit higher or a bit lower might be more "Correct." I don't think there is a "correct" value actually like the density of aluminum is 2.7 g/cm^3 to two sig figs.

The reason I don't think there is a "correct" value is that some of the inputs are going to be a bit squishy on something like outdoor seating. One input (that may or may not be in play) is the amount of UV light that day. Boone can be cloudy which lowers UV incident at KBS. The higher elevation would increase UV light in Boone. Predicting weather weeks out is tough however, so that is squishy, but the angle of the sun to the earth on game day for Boone is not going to be squishy. All it takes in one squishy input to have a squishy output.

So having a range of what might be "Correct" for seating doesn't mean that the incorrect range is also squishy. Expecting 90-100% attendance to not cause problems would be incorrect logic. Must the stadium be 90 to 93% empty to maintain a safe environment? There it can be a bit squishy.

If I missed somewhere earlier in the thread where you did your math then let me know as I may have missed it but based on your units you are thinking linearly and 1-D with something that is more 2-D in nature. I assume the slope of the seats is insignificant enough to not play into a need to deal with this in 3-D and cubed space.
You lost me at is 2.7 g/cm^3 to two sig figs

:lol:

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 am

Does anyone know if eligible, how and when you will be notified? I will definitely go if i can get tickets!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 am

If you can’t agree we can fit more than 7% of capacity given the minimum average group size of three and the need to have six feet in between those groups we can stop the discussion.

The goal posts will continue to move and we get no where without finding common ground on these basic assumptions.

If you’d like to argue we shouldn’t have fans at all you’d have a much more solid position to stand on. Allowing fans in means we are willing to assume similar risks to restaurants and grocery stores which are much denser than this outdoor environment.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am

AppOrange wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:49 am
I also wonder: if you donated your season ticket money to the special initiative, I was told this also meant you gave away your season tickets for the year. If so, this penalized those who were generous with their funds. Now are we going back and not allowing those generous folks to be part of a game, regardless of rank? I originally donated my season tickets, but once I heard that meant I was opting out of season tickets, i changed my mind and kept them (to get credit for every game i missed towards next years tix). Seams backwards if this is how it works out.
I'm not sure I understand this. You donated your tickets (I wish I had). When you donated them, were you told that there would be no fans in the stadium at all this year?

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am
AppOrange wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this. You donated your tickets (I wish I had). When you donated them, were you told that there would be no fans in the stadium at all this year?
It was a little confusing, sorry. APP emailed me and I told them I would opt in and donate my ticket amount to the special incentive they were running. However, when they called to confirm and I found out I was giving up my opportunity to hold my season tickets, I decided to not donate to the special incentive program and just hold my tickets (getting a credit for next year for every game we miss this year due to COVID restrictions). I really figured we would at least get half the season and I wanted to be able to go and sit in my seats.

So my question is, do those generous folks get penalized for donating to the incentive b/c they gave up their season tickets, or is it strictly yosef points?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:42 am

AppOrange wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:12 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:13 am
AppOrange wrote:
It was a little confusing, sorry. APP emailed me and I told them I would opt in and donate my ticket amount to the special incentive they were running. However, when they called to confirm and I found out I was giving up my opportunity to hold my season tickets, I decided to not donate to the special incentive program and just hold my tickets (getting a credit for next year for every game we miss this year due to COVID restrictions). I really figured we would at least get half the season and I wanted to be able to go and sit in my seats.

So my question is, do those generous folks get penalized for donating to the incentive b/c they gave up their season tickets, or is it strictly yosef points?
I'm still confused (not because of you, but rather I never understood our options). Are you saying that your understanding is/was that folks who donated their tickets this season/opted out, would loose their seats going forward? AGAIN, my question is not about you or your post, I am interested in what my/our options were. Sorry.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:34 pm

My understanding was if you opted out it was for this season only. I chose to donate part of my tickets to the campaign and to put toward next year my NEZ tickets. You just needed to tell them in an email what you wanted to do.
Bring Your A Game!

GoBoone

Unread post by GoBoone » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:56 pm

There was an option to donate your season tickets to the keep climbing initiative for September games only. Hoping that the governor would open things back up in October. That’s the option I went with and I expect to have my seats if I qualify.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:12 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 am
Of course people will be able to sit together. They rode in the car together for 60-200 minutes.

That’s part of my point.

We forget how to use math and science at times.
Is this in reference to your own units seeming to be confusing. I only saw this post after my longer post a few posts above.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:23 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:51 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 am
Saint3333 wrote:

..." I don't think there is a "correct" value actually like the density of aluminum is 2.7 g/cm^3 to two sig figs.

You lost me at is 2.7 g/cm^3 to two sig figs

:lol:
Significant figures are a way science deals with numbers. If we were all still using slide rules we would all appreciate sig figs. Floating point math with calculators has made us all lazy in understanding measurement and numbers in science.

I do a lab in chemistry class where we determine the thickness of aluminum foil by measuring the area and using the density of Al. I am not sure if I am proud or sad that I know that value without hesitation or the need to look it up.

Sig Figs is one of the few topics that is not part of the state curriculum that I teach and am proud to say I teach and will die on that hill if we are having a discussion about preparing students for the next level of science. It helps to be at a health care magnet so I know my students will see this topic again in college science.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:34 pm

I just received an email that App will only be allocating 2 tickets for each Yosef Club member to accommodate more members.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Saint3333 wrote:

In addition to the 7% just being a bad number (when other states are pulling off 20-25% with no issues, there is also a hill that could easily social distance 300-500 more fans (unless the band will be using it).

And, Boone was beyond crowded today (as was Asheville). 7% is just inconsistent with so many other activities occurring daily in our state

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”