Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

ASU85Grad

Re: Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:38 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 pm
AppStForMe wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:30 pm
Ok ZT fans...tell us how it’s the coaches fault
I’m ready for the future. He’s been outplayed by a redshirt freshman and I don’t think the OC has any faith in his ability. Nor do I.
I don’t have any faith in our OC. Third down and 3 and we run Peoples right into the heart of their D

App_in_Maiden
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:39 pm

To the person who said dynasty over, get out. We lost our 2nd game of the year. Am I pissed? Yes, but ffs dynasty is not over. Some of you posters are the biggest bandwagon fans I’ve ever met. We aren’t going to go undefeated or win all but 1 every fing year. Y’all are tiring.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:40 pm

I think you’re being a bit harsh on the Thomas. He didn’t have a great day but he had pressure all day. The better team won.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Petersens 2nd half looked like the first except for results. Not very creative. Once the O Line wore down and Coastal made adjustments, no adjustment.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:41 pm

This is the result of being poached of our coaching talent. Seen it with plenty of G5 teams.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:42 pm

The first half game plan didn't work in the second half. They made adjustments we didn't. Too many mistakes for us.

Kudos to Coastal.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm
For the record I thought Petersen had an excellent game plan and play calling today. Mixed it up, called plays that gave multiple options, we just didn’t execute 3-4 plays.

CCU did the little things well, penalties, special teams, we didn’t. Hats off to CCU.

People are being way too hard on Zach, he didn’t make great decisions, but they guy left on a stretcher last week.
I’m being hard on him, maybe more than he deserves. But I can’t remember the last time I felt like he was the reason we won a game. Which is problematic. Oh well. Credit to Coastal, they ARE the better ball team.

More disciplined.
Better passing game.
Better coaching and adjustments.

I think we run the ball more effectively but they are clearly more well rounded. And play smart. I’m still convinced we have more talent but that’s clearly not enough.
YNWA

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Thomas looks like a prima Donna head case. At this point, any good throw I was elated because there is no consistency to him. It was touched on a long time ago by a poster that Thomas is a hinderance to this team. Looking at the body language of the team, I don’t know if Thomas is really even a captain anymore.

The play calling was fine. Your senior qb airmailing the ball all over the place and taking untimely sacks and not getting out of bounds. And basically looking defeated and sad is why we lost this game. Coastal is a good team. We couldn’t score touchdowns because Thomas can’t consistently complete throws

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Sadly today was just more of the same that we have seen all year long. Poor performance, too many penalties, too many turnovers, a 3rd year starting qb that makes worse mistakes then when he was a first year starter. It is just so disappointing because this team has tons of talent. At this point, I really hope Zac does not come back for another year.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:45 pm

They didn’t have to do much to adjust, we are depleted and have no deep threat

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 pm

Zac was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, who did he have to throw the ball to? Hennigan is obviously hurt so there’s one other option, give him a break, shit guys

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:49 pm

brianowen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:40 pm
I think you’re being a bit harsh on the Thomas. He didn’t have a great day but he had pressure all day. The better team won.
Yes let’s continue to make excuses for our underachieving golden boy. What is it about the posters on this board who refuse to call a spade a spade. Thomas is a head case and has laid an egg in both national TV games this year. He may be the nicest kid in the world but he’s a senior and has played like a backup freshman

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm

brianowen wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:40 pm
Yes let’s continue to make excuses for our underachieving golden boy. What is it about the posters on this board who refuse to call a spade a spade. Thomas is a head case and has laid an egg in both national TV games this year. He may be the nicest kid in the world but he’s a senior and has played like a backup freshman

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm

It is not the deep threat we lack, it is a quarterback that can routinely make the deep throws, or intermediate throws for that matter. The problem on this offense isn't the injuries or young receivers, it is the qb who seems to have forgotten how to play. I really wonder how many hours he spends preparing for games because it doesn't look like much at all. Reminds me of a lot of other players I have seen on teams over the years, they start believing their own hype and diminish as players. I would bet that he spent a lot more time preparing his first year then he does now. It is just so disappointing to watch.

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:51 pm

Look I’ll be the first to say Thomas has been great in the past.
But this year...especially this game was horrible ....when he had time he was overthrowing receivers by a mile. 2 of the int’s he didn’t have any pressure on him at all..
Come on. We made other mistakes no doubt but he’s just not getting it done right now.

RunawayJM

Unread post by RunawayJM » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:51 pm

97grad wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:32 pm
ZT is not what he has been in years past for sure. Not sure what's going on.
He’s on his third OC in 3 years and each OC is asking him to do very different things. That is really hard for a college QB.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm

In a nutshell, today's loss isn't on the coaching staff, I'll leave it at that!!!

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:50 pm
It is not the deep threat we lack, it is a quarterback that can routinely make the deep throws, or intermediate throws for that matter. The problem on this offense isn't the injuries or young receivers, it is the qb who seems to have forgotten how to play. I really wonder how many hours he spends preparing for games because it doesn't look like much at all. Reminds me of a lot of other players I have seen on teams over the years, they start believing their own hype and diminish as players. I would bet that he spent a lot more time preparing his first year then he does now. It is just so disappointing to watch.
Hmmm I wonder if you’re on to something.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:53 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:48 pm
Zac was trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, who did he have to throw the ball to? Hennigan is obviously hurt so there’s one other option, give him a break, shit guys
He had open guys all day long but he just wasn't able to throw the ball to them. He either sailed it over their heads or threw to the other team. It wasn't the receivers, it was Zac.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:53 pm

RunawayJM wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:51 pm
97grad wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:32 pm
ZT is not what he has been in years past for sure. Not sure what's going on.
He’s on his third OC in 3 years and each OC is asking him to do very different things. That is really hard for a college QB.
Yea. Different offensive coordinators is why he instead accurate? Please stop with the absurd excuses

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”