Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

fjblair

Re: Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm
For whatever reason #12 has been making game changing mistakes.If we don’t turn the ball over today we win.The turnovers - the interceptions were on him.Bad quarterback play beat us. Both the Coastal RFr and the Marshall RFr are better QBs. Is he hurt ? I don’t know but he’s not the player he was last year or the year before. I wish it was different.I love the guy but perhaps we would have been better served by #7 today . He’s going to have to turn it around and quick , if he can. “If”.
There is no way to sugar coat it, ZT should sit. I think they should have rested him today. For whatever reason he has regressed and it's hurting the team.

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 pm

Stonewall wrote:
For whatever reason #12 has been making game changing mistakes.If we don’t turn the ball over today we win.The turnovers - the interceptions were on him.Bad quarterback play beat us. Both the Coastal RFr and the Marshall RFr are better QBs. Is he hurt ? I don’t know but he’s not the player he was last year or the year before. I wish it was different.I love the guy but perhaps we would have been better served by #7 today . He’s going to have to turn it around and quick , if he can. “If”.
Go back and watch some of the catches Sutton and Hennigan made last year, have you seen any of that this year?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 pm

ZT is not the biggest problem by a long shot.........Give it a rest.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm

Coaching, less penalties
Coaching, play calls
Player, throwing wrong passes

Coaching, Gased Oline at the end of the game

Coastal coach, outplayed us.... well prepared and well executed

I know, I know, we have a ton of injuries and new coaches

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Go back and watch some of the catches Sutton and Hennigan made last year, have you seen any of that this year?
Not so much, but so what? We know what we are seeing.
Last edited by fjblair on Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 pm
No he is not the biggest problem, but his play is problematic right now and we have the future on the bench. If we can improve QB play and get the future QB in the mix we need to do it now.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:59 pm
Going to resist the temptation of venting right after a disappointing loss. Beating Stink and winning a lesser bowl game is what’s left. Screw you 2020.
Probably the best most level headed post yet.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm

I don't know ZT win/loss as a starter but there can't be many that are better than his playing right now... this was NOT a good game for him... but to say he needs to be benched after it... come on...

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:27 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
I am not sure that I agree with this sentiment, especially considering that he is a 3 year starter and supposed leader of the team. I can't think of another position that has been as disappointing as our quarterback. Everyone else seems to play to their potential, Zac isn't even close to playing to his potential or even his past performance.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Not a ton of catchable balls today, but Corey would have had the one that Christian missed in the end zone. Some of the ones 12 foot up, probably not so much.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 pm

fjblair wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
The point is there’s nothing really different here, Zac is probably playing about the same as he did last year, a great short stop can make a mediocre pitcher look good right?

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Some of you seem to have some inside knowledge of the team. Do any of you know if Peterson has changed ZTs throwing motion, release etc. While his completion percentage is close to last years the throws he misses are bad and usually high. Hes been inconsistent all year not just a select few games.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:31 pm

Regardless of today's result, The Moorefield, WV Rattlesnake Feed is still on, Yeah! Second Saturday in Jan:

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:35 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:31 pm
Regardless of today's result, The Moorefield, WV Rattlesnake Feed is still on, Yeah! Second Saturday in Jan:
Um, okay! Sounds pretty interesting.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:36 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:30 pm
fjblair wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:18 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
The point is there’s nothing really different here, Zac is probably playing about the same as he did last year, a great short stop can make a mediocre pitcher look good right?
That's a valid point, but we can't just keep waving it off as if it isn't an issue. We need a higher level of QB play than we are getting right now.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
He isnt? What games are you watching?

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Ive said my peace on individual play of players, But I still cannot ignore our discipline.

Marshall and Coastal beat us because we don’t make good decisions when it matters. Which is inherently part of what makes a team good or bad. Coastal and Marshall make good decisions and they benefit from that with wins in close games versus good teams.

We, for whatever reason you can drum up, turn the ball over when it matters. Get personal fouls when it matters. Miss tackles when it matters. We have enough talent to overcome these moments against shitty teams like UNCC or Ga State, but lose the close games to the good teams because of it.

It is fixable but it is a problem and those two are not mutually exclusive. We need to figure it out.
YNWA

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:46 pm

What I love about this board is the intense defense of the young men who give their all for our beloved App State. A thing I could do without is the "look at all these armchair QBs here" type comments. This is a safe place to vent frustrations too, I've yet to see anything derogatory said about any of our guys in this thread. We all want the same thing, even though we may disagree on the path to the goal. It's been an emotional day but remember we all love App and let's try and keep it respectful.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:48 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
He isnt? What games are you watching?
I believe ZT is 29-5 as a starter... so let’s flip that question around... what games are you watching??? He had a bad game... get over it people

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:49 pm

We do not have the strength and conditioning we should have. Been over powered and gassed at end of games. That is coaching, so is the mediocre play calling. We are talented but weak. Some players added weight but beer gut does not add strength. Coach Clark needs to consider some staffing changes before next year. We know next year starts a rebuild. 6-2 is disappointing with the talent at App but we have been out played more than we should be. Enough said. Congrats to the beach chickens they control their destiny. Hope we finish with our heads up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”