Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Game Day Menu! (and game thread if no one starts one)

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:03 pm
For whatever reason #12 has been making game changing mistakes.If we don’t turn the ball over today we win.The turnovers - the interceptions were on him.Bad quarterback play beat us. Both the Coastal RFr and the Marshall RFr are better QBs. Is he hurt ? I don’t know but he’s not the player he was last year or the year before. I wish it was different.I love the guy but perhaps we would have been better served by #7 today . He’s going to have to turn it around and quick , if he can. “If”.
Go back and watch some of the catches Sutton and Hennigan made last year, have you seen any of that this year?
You aren’t succeeding in making your point. Basically what you are saying is Thomas was only successful because he had receivers who bailed him out with amazing individual efforts. There is plenty of talent at receiver. I didn’t see many drops today. I did see a ton of poorly thrown balls.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:16 pm
ZT is not the biggest problem by a long shot.........Give it a rest.
He isnt? What games are you watching?
The one with a grown man making a 6 digit salary on the sideline for the responsibility of making tough decisions.

roachgone

Unread post by roachgone » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm

Zac cost us today,no doubt but I am so sick of watching supposedly the best two corners in the conference giving 10 yard cushions. Very little if any close coverage on line of scrimmage. Not only 10 yards cushion but as soon as the ball is snapped they turn and run backwards. Today had many just pitch and catch receptions. We are much better on Third and 3 than third and 15. Very frustrating. Even the announcer questioned this tactic after an easy pitch and catch. Just too easy receptions all year. But penalties are a major problem too. But Zac was what really cost us today. We are not a good team right now. Cannot plat a full game. Disappointing year. Kinda hope Zac does not return next year. Never thought I would say that.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:53 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:21 pm
I don't know ZT win/loss as a starter but there can't be many that are better than his playing right now... this was NOT a good game for him... but to say he needs to be benched after it... come on...
He sucked last week too. And has been remarkably unremarkable this year overall

AppStForMe

Unread post by AppStForMe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:48 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
I believe ZT is 29-5 as a starter... so let’s flip that question around... what games are you watching??? He had a bad game... get over it people
And that cost us this game....

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 pm

CCU penalties - 1 for 5 yards. Has anyone mentioned that little tidbit? We had 8 penalties. Mental mistakes ain’t on the coaches. And neither is pass blocking. They were beating 5 with 3. That leaves 8 to cover 5. Bad equation

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 pm

roachgone wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 pm
Zac cost us today,no doubt but I am so sick of watching supposedly the best two corners in the conference giving 10 yard cushions. Very little if any close coverage on line of scrimmage. Not only 10 yards cushion but as soon as the ball is snapped they turn and run backwards. Today had many just pitch and catch receptions. We are much better on Third and 3 than third and 15. Very frustrating. Even the announcer questioned this tactic after an easy pitch and catch. Just too easy receptions all year. But penalties are a major problem too. But Zac was what really cost us today. We are not a good team right now. Cannot plat a full game. Disappointing year. Kinda hope Zac does not return next year. Never thought I would say that.
I am by no means a football mind, but I got the impression that their WRs were fast after their first long TD.

Just my opinion but I think the DC was keeping them in soft coverage to prevent them from getting deep and giving the DL extra time to get at McCall.

Downside of that is obviously a free 6-7 yard pass almost every play and clutch open field tackling is necessary. Again just my very simple minded observations.
YNWA

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
The one with a grown man making a 6 digit salary on the sideline for the responsibility of making tough decisions.
The one with no in game adjustments, crucial PI penalty, 2 kickoffs out of bounds, 5 illegal/motion penalities, a face mask and our 3 top receivers hobbled or opting out, and our top 2 running backs out and a pretty good team on the other side of the ball and receivers who can’t get open.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:06 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:48 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
I believe ZT is 29-5 as a starter... so let’s flip that question around... what games are you watching??? He had a bad game... get over it people
That means zero. He’s had 3 pretty bad games this year. Two on national tv he lost and one we would have lost if he’d stayed in. Yeah he looks great against mediocre opponents. For what ever reason he’s a train wreck when the lights are shining brightest. Did I mention he’s a 5th year senior?

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm
GlassOnion wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
The one with no in game adjustments, crucial PI penalty, 2 kickoffs out of bounds, 5 illegal/motion penalities, a face mask and our 3 top receivers hobbled or opting out, and our top 2 running backs out and a pretty good team on the other side of the ball and receivers who can’t get open.
99% of which ZT has no responsibility for.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:12 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:54 pm
Longrifle28 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:42 pm
The first half game plan didn't work in the second half. They made adjustments we didn't. Too many mistakes for us.

Kudos to Coastal.
What adjustments could we have made, let’s hear it, they beat a depleted team, yes Zac tried to force some things but he is not the reason we lost, NO ONE TO THROW THE BALL TO
I haven't made any derogatory comments about any of our players.

We needed to play a clean game today to give our team a chance to win. Too many penalties, turnovers, kicks out of bounds, etc. Coastal is a good team and proved it today. We played great in the first half, but give coach Chadwell credit, the running game was not going to beat coastal in the second half.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:25 pm

Yosef club member and season ticket holder so I'm not new to all this. Zac was awful today, the 2nd interception was the game changer. Plot our way down the field score and we win that game. Penalties I blame on coaches for not installing discipline. Is Zac coming back next year? If not, I'm ready for next man up. If he's coming back then keep working on it. I know he's had 3 OC in 3 years but didnt the OC say he didnt change anything due to our success in the past? I think he should have made some changes, especially now. Folks keep saying we need to clean up this and clean up that. We are 8 games in, things should have been cleaned up long before now. Some folks say the beach chickens were better team. No, I didnt see that. They were better coached, I knew they would adjust against the run in the 2nd half and they did. Why can't we make adjustments? Clark will go through a learning curve, let's just hope its not a very long one.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Clark has not impressed anyone yet. I'm rooting for the guy, but honestly he has been underwhelming thus far.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
For whatever reason #12 has been making game changing mistakes.If we don’t turn the ball over today we win.The turnovers - the interceptions were on him.Bad quarterback play beat us. Both the Coastal RFr and the Marshall RFr are better QBs. Is he hurt ? I don’t know but he’s not the player he was last year or the year before. I wish it was different.I love the guy but perhaps we would have been better served by #7 today . He’s going to have to turn it around and quick , if he can. “If”.
Go back and watch some of the catches Sutton and Hennigan made last year, have you seen any of that this year?
You aren’t succeeding in making your point. Basically what you are saying is Thomas was only successful because he had receivers who bailed him out with amazing individual efforts. There is plenty of talent at receiver. I didn’t see many drops today. I did see a ton of poorly thrown balls.
It seems like I did make my point, two professional caliber athletes and a healthy Hennigan make a difference

js290

Unread post by js290 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:35 pm

Everyone on this board should be questioning the current coaching and overall discipline/execution......the sloppiness continues every single week, especially offensively, sick of the excuses.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:43 pm

fjblair wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:32 pm
Clark has not impressed anyone yet. I'm rooting for the guy, but honestly he has been underwhelming thus far.
I am with you there. I hope to God I'm wrong, but I get the distinct impression that our top 3 coaching positions are occupied by position coaches.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:54 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 pm
CCU penalties - 1 for 5 yards. Has anyone mentioned that little tidbit? We had 8 penalties. Mental mistakes ain’t on the coaches. And neither is pass blocking. They were beating 5 with 3. That leaves 8 to cover 5. Bad equation
No those are, coaches have to coach to that. False starts are mental mistakes when you know the snap count. maybe somebody needs to ride the pine. It's discipline and that starts with coaches. the line has been horrible this year save one game.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:56 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:33 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 pm
appbio91 wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
It seems like I did make my point, two professional caliber athletes and a healthy Hennigan make a difference
ok, at this point EVERY single team is playing with injuries and opt outs. put that to bed, its over. we have who we have. those are excuses, are you going to make excuses or going to get better, that is the only question.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Give me excuses for $100 Alex! Tired of hearing who we dont have, every team has injuries, but the good ones and well coached ones dont have those mental mistakes. I am concerned that we accept those, that its ok. The reason that i say this is they have happened from game 1 until now, nothing has changed.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:02 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
99% of which ZT has no responsibility for.
That is because a few things were left out. Things like underthrowing , overthrowing, interceptions and sitting on the bench moping like a little kid. A leader is not on the bench at that point. He is on the sideline chomping to get in the game for a last drive to win the game. Everything I have seen this year leads me to believe he does not want to be there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”