Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Seniors

Saint3333

Seniors

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:12 pm

These seniors have four games remaining, three of which will not have any impact on the postseason play only pride.

I know this team will rally after this defeat to give some of the best and most accomplished players to wear the black and gold their best a proper send off.

Finish strong.

App91
School: Appalachian State

Re: Seniors

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:17 pm

Sorry Saint, but this is a terrible loss. Its time to play the younger guys and see what we have to prepare for the future. 2020 gone.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm

App91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:17 pm
Sorry Saint, but this is a terrible loss. Its time to play the younger guys and see what we have to prepare for the future. 2020 gone.
Yeah, this is a brilliant idea. Screw the seniors at the end of their careers who have "given their all for App State" in order to focus on the future because the fans are butt hurt about a close loss to a top 20 team on the road....that's a positive message to send to future recruits.

There is always more to play for regardless of the record...but as it stands for this season, App still has a rivalry game left,can still get to 10 wins, beat a top 25 team get a 6th straight bowl game.

Reading some posts on this thread really make you scratch your head.

App91

Unread post by App91 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:36 pm

APP93 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm
App91 wrote:
Yeah, this is a brilliant idea. Screw the seniors at the end of their careers who have "given their all for App State" in order to focus on the future because the fans are butt hurt about a close loss to a top 20 team on the road....that's a positive message to send to future recruits.

There is always more to play for regardless of the record...but as it stands for this season, App still has a rivalry game left,can still get to 10 wins, beat a top 25 team get a 6th straight bowl game.

Reading some posts on this thread really make you scratch your head.
Keep scratching, if this loss doesn't concern you, then that's on you. not sure if you've hear but bowl games will be severely limited this year due to most fans not being able to attend. This team has some things to get straight going forward, we've shit the bed for this year. glad the come to jesus meeting worked. Sorry you don't like it, it just means more.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pm

App91 wrote:
I hate to say it but I agree. At least rotate them in and see what they can do and prepare for next year. 6-6 is worst we can do this year. I am not disappointed in our players at all. I think coaching has been a let down and hope those guys running the team can learn from this year. I'm not writing us off this season by any means if they don't do something different we will continue to see the same results. Outside of AState it has been a very uninspired season.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:39 pm

Save it all for GS and boat race them. That’s the only meaningful game left.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:50 pm

4 straight SB titles, at some point it was coming to an end. If anyone didn't expect a regression this year after 3 HC in as many years then they were a bit naive.

I get it, after 2019 there were high Hope's for the season, but the fact that App is struggling some this year should not be a surprise.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:52 pm

Sloppy sloppy game. Looked just like every other game this year. Correctable mistakes , Continue to happen. Does not look like they will be corrected. We gave Drink the keys to a Rolls Royce and he produced the best result ever at APP. This year, with at least a Rolls, we got bubcus! We make to many mistakes to win any of our remaining games .

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:12 pm
These seniors have four games remaining, three of which will not have any impact on the postseason play only pride.

I know this team will rally after this defeat to give some of the best and most accomplished players to wear the black and gold their best a proper send off.

Finish strong.
Good post Saint!

GO APPS!!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 pm

APP93 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:50 pm
4 straight SB titles, at some point it was coming to an end. If anyone didn't expect a regression this year after 3 HC in as many years then they were a bit naive.

I get it, after 2019 there were high Hope's for the season, but the fact that App is struggling some this year should not be a surprise.
I have no doubt we will be back. Our down years are most programs great seasons.

But that also means no complacency and keeping high expectations. If we remain with this “spirit of the mountaineer no matter what” BS we will be the next Southern Miss.
YNWA

Tatedc

Unread post by Tatedc » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:48 pm

App91 wrote:
I get it. But its important to win as much as possible because your results tend to cary over. If we lose out....then we teach the young guys to be losers. That being said, I would rotate in some younger OL in to give in game experience, and I would not let Zach Thomas touch the ball unless to close out games we are winning late in the fourth.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:54 pm

I tend to be on the side of trying out the younger kids now, since the championship is now out of reach you have to be thinking of next year, including QB. Us and coastal have the same level of talent of recruits, we recruit from the same states, the only difference is offensive and defensive schemes and coaching. why are they so good with a freshman QB and we are struggling with a senior laden team....Coaching, so lets see what we have coming back next year and build from that.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:06 pm

I really can’t believe some of the bull crap some of you guys type. Are many of you completely oblivious to the insanity of this season? We went like 3 weeks with nothing going on. We had two games rescheduled and had to redo our non-conference schedule. Yeah I know everyone is in the same boat. Games are being cancelled left and right. Powerhouse teams are struggling this year. Ohio State barely beat Indiana today. It looks like the Big 12 won’t have anyone with one loss. It’s chaos.

We had our best back go pro- could have been on the roster. Our best receiver opted out- could have been on the roster. We have our third staff in 3 years. There is nothing normal on campus. It’s chaos.

We are damn lucky to have any semblance of football yet guys are bitching and wanting coaches fired. Do y’all really think there will be a bowl game? I was just as pissed as anyone today but it’s just a damn game. This expectation that we should never lose is crazy.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:25 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:06 pm
I really can’t believe some of the bull crap some of you guys type. Are many of you completely oblivious to the insanity of this season? We went like 3 weeks with nothing going on. We had two games rescheduled and had to redo our non-conference schedule. Yeah I know everyone is in the same boat. Games are being cancelled left and right. Powerhouse teams are struggling this year. Ohio State barely beat Indiana today. It looks like the Big 12 won’t have anyone with one loss. It’s chaos.

We had our best back go pro- could have been on the roster. Our best receiver opted out- could have been on the roster. We have our third staff in 3 years. There is nothing normal on campus. It’s chaos.

We are damn lucky to have any semblance of football yet guys are bitching and wanting coaches fired. Do y’all really think there will be a bowl game? I was just as pissed as anyone today but it’s just a damn game. This expectation that we should never lose is crazy.
I agree 100% with everything said here...but I do believe there will be bowl games. Maybe not as many, but ESPN relies on these lower tier bowl games for programming over the holidays...should there be bowl games is another story, but I do think there will be a bowl season.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:29 pm

APP93 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:50 pm

I don't disagree that some regression should have been expected, however most didn't expect that regression from our quarterback. Yes, the title streak was going to come to an end, but this team was a loaded team that shouldn't have ended the streak. It only ended because the team played very sloppy ball the way it has all season. If people can't see the big blinking warning lights about our program right now they are not paying attention. There is a really good article on espn.com right now about the fall of Florida State, and although we never achieved the FBS title like they did the similarities are striking to me. The year after they won the title, they kept winning but didn't look good doing it. They were able to win despite playing poorly because they were so much more talented than their opponents, until they met a good team and got destroyed in the playoffs by Oregon. It is very similar to App, sustained success and then a drop but still winning most games simply because we have better players, but then we lose against equal players or better coached team. If this trend isn't reversed, it could be a long slide down the mountain. That is the fear I have, that we continue to excuse our poor performance until its too late to turn it around. Once again, we are only stuggling because of poor performance from our players. Coastal played better when it mattered, but I don't think they are the better team nor Marshall for that matter and if either Satt or Drink were till in charge I doubt we lose those games and are probably looking good for a NY6 bowl. But we don't and we aren't. I just want to see us play to our standard of play and I haven't seen that all year.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:44 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:52 pm
Sloppy sloppy game. Looked just like every other game this year. Correctable mistakes , Continue to happen. Does not look like they will be corrected. We gave Drink the keys to a Rolls Royce and he produced the best result ever at APP. This year, with at least a Rolls, we got bubcus! We make to many mistakes to win any of our remaining games .
No denying we have made too many mistakes, by both the coaches and players. But, to say we’re a Rolls is downplaying that we’re down our top 2 RB’s, Sutton, Virgil, and basically Hennigan.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Some of these posts and the forthcoming threads bashing Zac, the coaches, blaming individuals for the loss, trashing the remainder of the season and the seniors.......this is why after some thought this is the last time I'm posting anything here. There's too many recliner coaches and arm-chair quarterbacks who in a lot of cases never played and/or never stood on the sidelines with the team or was at practice every day (I did for 6 years: 1973-1978, 1981-1982) yet think they are the ghost of Vince Lombardi. It pisses me off to see these young men and their coaches give their all for Appalachian and then have to endure the fair-weather fans criticize their every move after a loss.

I will continue my Yosef Club membership and contributions. I'll be on the FAA board as long as they'll have me. I will bleed Black and Old Gold. If you're lucky enough to be a Mountaineer you're lucky enough.

We'll be back with a vengeance. The coaches and team will learn from this, study the video, go to practice and correct things. Troy is going to catch hell.

Y'all keep 'em straight up there.....Luvya. Meanit. GIve 'em HELL, Apps!
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:53 pm

It appears that some have forgotten that our #1 deep threat WR opted out, we have 2 RBs out, our go-to WR is nowhere near 100%, our starting NT, who has been a stud, is out, we have at least 2TEs out, and maybe more. This is not the team we hoped to start the season with. This is far from an excuse, but a very large part of the reason we are where we are.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Good God we lost 2 games and it’s time to close the place and burn the building to the ground. For what it’s worth we just lost to #15 and the game was close. Do I like how we”re playing, no, but a lot of this is a bit too much. Want to send the wrong message to the guys we”re recruiting, turn you back on the guys who have put in the work for 4 or 5 years. And just in case you all forgot this year doesn’t count so any of theses guys who want to stay and play another year can. On offense today we were missing 5 skilled position players we expected to have. I’m counting Hennigan, he’s 60% at best. Truth is if Coastal is as good as some think they are, under the circumstances this would have been a very good win if we pulled it off.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:57 pm

I've started and deleted a number of posts this evening attempting to reply to people but just didn't. This is why I don't post often on game days. I guess I said all I will on the other thread except this:

To all the naysayers.....get over yourselves, it isn't the end of the world, we are still 6-2 and could be 9-2. Am I concerned, yes, but the season isn't over yet.

To the opposite side of excuse makers......gtfo. The last thing we need are a bunch of excuses. Excuses lead to acceptance of mediocrity.

Good night ladies, gents, and lurking stinks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”