Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

national tv chokers

js290
School: Appalachian State

Re: national tv chokers

Unread post by js290 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Trust me, want the current regime to be the best ever, but those comments in the Carolina board are spot on......the truth hurts sometimes.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:22 pm
App91 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Perusing Inside Carolina now, just because i look at alot of messge boards, interesting take from outside our bubble on this team. I am trying to find it hard to disagree, but i cannot.
https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 155133451/
While I’m not happy with what I’ve seen so far out of the coaching staff, I’m also not ready to say it was a bad hire. We have no idea this early.

Being an FBS coach has a wicked learning curve, especially during this COVID year.

We are AT WORST 6-6, which would mean losing every game including our bowl.

I think we beat Troy, lose to UL and beat Ga Southern, then win our bowl game against some MAC corpse.

9-4 with a bowl victory in your first season as a head coach is the exceptional. Heck 8-5 would be fine IMO. Is it disappointing? Of course.

But let’s see where we are at this point in 2021 before we are questioning hiring decisions.
Clark needs to surround himself with better coordinators than a washed up OC that coached at ECU when their offense was abysmal. That’s my opinion.

Dale is a good hire. Our OL coach is not experienced enough at this point either.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Do we still go to Texas A&M in '21 to start things out?
BLACK SATURDAY

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:32 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm
ah59396 wrote:
App91 wrote:
Perusing Inside Carolina now, just because i look at alot of messge boards, interesting take from outside our bubble on this team. I am trying to find it hard to disagree, but i cannot.
While I’m not happy with what I’ve seen so far out of the coaching staff, I’m also not ready to say it was a bad hire. We have no idea this early.

Being an FBS coach has a wicked learning curve, especially during this COVID year.

I think we beat Troy, lose to UL and beat Ga Southern, then win our bowl game against some MAC corpse.

9-4 with a bowl victory in your first season as a head coach is the exceptional. Heck 8-5 would be fine IMO. Is it disappointing? Of course.

But let’s see where we are at this point in 2021 before we are questioning hiring decisions.
Clark needs to surround himself with better coordinators than a washed up OC that coached at ECU when their offense was abysmal. That’s my opinion.

Dale is a good hire. Our OL coach is not experienced enough at this point either.
You may be right. Time will tell.
YNWA

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:33 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm
ah59396 wrote:
App91 wrote:

DJ has turned out to be the shining star.
BLACK SATURDAY

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:14 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:02 pm
ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:55 pm
fjblair wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:38 pm
Coastal is good, not great. I was not impressed, it's a team we beat 9 times out of ten.
I can’t get behind this sentiment.

Coastal is a good ball team. They play an exciting brand of football and have an awesome freshman qb. Their DL adjusted at the half and kicked our offensive lines ass in Q3 and Q4. They played smart with limited turnovers and ONE penalty. And they made halftime adjustments down 17-9 to out score us 25-6 in the second half. Which shows poise and resilience.

Yes, we had plenty of self inflicted damage. But If that’s not a good football team I don’t know what is.
Coastal is a good team, not great and this same App team better coached and conditioned would beat them every time.
Obligatory first drive TD for our opponent...2 busted plays.
We don't seem to make any good in game adjustments, we were better prepared for this game though we LOST it. Special teams is more like special ed, poor decisions, kickoffs. Bastard Coastal coach didn't give us a courtesy of not scoring at the end.
Courtesy’s a$$. Heck, it looked like we let them score in order to get the ball back. That being said I’d take a 2 possession lead with a minute left every day.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Dude, they scored on a pick six... don’t like it? Don’t throw the worst pass of the day.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:52 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:37 pm
Dude, they scored on a pick six... don’t like it? Don’t throw the worst pass of the day.
So they scored on a pick 6, i turned it off, thinking we'd turn it over on downs...looked later to see the extra score, just thought they run out the clock. lol
BLACK SATURDAY

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:15 pm

What I’ve seen thus far is not acceptable to me. The Defense has played good (B+) the offense has played bad (D) special teams inconsistent at best, overall bad (D). Coaching (D). I like the head coach hire. I like Clark. But I am beginning to believe the hire was “too” convenient and the easy choice.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:17 pm

We have a lot of areas that need improvement, but to call the team “national TV chokers” is way off base and frankly just whiny.

We have lost to the two best teams we’ve played. I wish we were good enough to beat them, but “choking” because of what channel the game was on had nothing to do with it.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:22 pm

Well on the bright side we got their coach promoted to P5 with today's win.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:17 pm

We have lost to the two best teams we’ve played. I wish we were good enough to beat them.
I believe we are good enough to beat both of them, however, ..........

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:47 pm

js290 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:29 pm
Trust me, want the current regime to be the best ever, but those comments in the Carolina board are spot on......the truth hurts sometimes.
Yep, sometimes “keeping it in the family” can result in cross-eyed progeny.
We shall see.
Last edited by Appsolutely on Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:49 pm

There is no difference in talent level between APP players and coastal players, we both recruit from the same states. The biggest difference is offensive and defensive schemes and coaching. that's it. so why is coastal having such a good year with a freshman and we are not with a senior laden team.....coaching. Would like to have seen how we did with huesman at the helm, ZT seems to be pressing this year.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm

okiapper wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 pm
AppGrad1 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm
ZT screwed up trying to throw across his body down field to a receiver that had double coverage on him. He had a wide open man 8 yards in front of him. We win this game if he keeps the ball or tosses it to the open man.
When 2 equal teams play end of game mistakes can lose it for you.
As many as he has won for us this one is on him with the poor decision.
I think we are thinking of the same play. Such a big swing. Easy completion in front of him but he goes deep and didn’t know the safety was there.
I try to give Zac a break, all the turnover throughout his years and this year having no Sutton, henny hurt, and depending on freshman WR’s and backup TEs. Some of his interceptions this year are not on him and his receivers missed a few big plays today (horn in the end zone if I remember?)
I haven’t been a huge fan of Peterson bc the play calling gets predictable (IMO). Going against Drink for comparison doesn’t help. Zone inside, WR screen, TE flat and QB draw with the occasional shot downfield. But to be fair against Zac, he isn’t getting bailed out by his playmakers. He makes bad throws and decisions every once in a while. Looks either way that is definitely a regression year for him and it shows in the record. I’m still a big fan of him and hope he turns it around and finishes his career on a good note.

Really happy with the run game today though.
I’m going to respond to every one of these Thomas excuse posts. He’s played bad! He’s the senior. The receivers are not the problem. His accuracy and decision making is. The play calling wasn’t the problem. His 3 picks were. He’s not playing well. Can we please stop with these exhaustive excuse finding missions. He should be able to make the throws he’s not making. That’s it. There is nothing else to say. Peterson can’t make him accurate. And if you notice as soon as he had to throw vertically he was a liability. The coaches know this too. Which is why they were scheming to have him
Throw dink and dunk passes in the first half. His accuracy sucks now and it’s costing app games.

okiapper

Unread post by okiapper » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:02 pm
okiapper wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:02 pm
AppGrad1 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:43 pm
ZT screwed up trying to throw across his body down field to a receiver that had double coverage on him. He had a wide open man 8 yards in front of him. We win this game if he keeps the ball or tosses it to the open man.
When 2 equal teams play end of game mistakes can lose it for you.
As many as he has won for us this one is on him with the poor decision.
I think we are thinking of the same play. Such a big swing. Easy completion in front of him but he goes deep and didn’t know the safety was there.
I try to give Zac a break, all the turnover throughout his years and this year having no Sutton, henny hurt, and depending on freshman WR’s and backup TEs. Some of his interceptions this year are not on him and his receivers missed a few big plays today (horn in the end zone if I remember?)
I haven’t been a huge fan of Peterson bc the play calling gets predictable (IMO). Going against Drink for comparison doesn’t help. Zone inside, WR screen, TE flat and QB draw with the occasional shot downfield. But to be fair against Zac, he isn’t getting bailed out by his playmakers. He makes bad throws and decisions every once in a while. Looks either way that is definitely a regression year for him and it shows in the record. I’m still a big fan of him and hope he turns it around and finishes his career on a good note.

Really happy with the run game today though.
I’m going to respond to every one of these Thomas excuse posts. He’s played bad! He’s the senior. The receivers are not the problem. His accuracy and decision making is. The play calling wasn’t the problem. His 3 picks were. He’s not playing well. Can we please stop with these exhaustive excuse finding missions. He should be able to make the throws he’s not making. That’s it. There is nothing else to say. Peterson can’t make him accurate. And if you notice as soon as he had to throw vertically he was a liability. The coaches know this too. Which is why they were scheming to have him
Throw dink and dunk passes in the first half. His accuracy sucks now and it’s costing app games.
Didn’t think it was an excuse post for Zac. He has made bad decisions and his accuracy has been poor. It’s been a rough year from him. Also I agree the play calling is around his limitations...if he had more accuracy and arm strength then we would probably throw more and deep more often.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:54 pm

At least we're not Michigan getting beat 14-0 by Rutgers in 2nd quarter

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:59 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:33 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:17 pm

We have lost to the two best teams we’ve played. I wish we were good enough to beat them.
I believe we are good enough to beat both of them, however, ..........
We are certainly capable of beating either. We weren’t good enough when we had the opportunity.

asucrazy

Unread post by asucrazy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks Cam Peoples, 27 carries 178 yards, no fumbles,G carrying 2 or 3 tacklers for extra yardage. Somebody must have been blocking . Good game sir!

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 pm

ah59396 wrote:
App91 wrote:

You are right and I will try to have the patience to see that through, especially since this staff has a really good class ready to be signed. I am concerned about going from being on the cusp of becoming a perineal top 25 team to a mediocre team. The harsh reality is that a mediocre team in the Sunbelt ain’t sh!t and that’s not what I want for my team.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”