Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Decision Announcements

appstate5
School: Appalachian State

Re: Decision Announcements

Unread post by appstate5 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Any news is Anderson is coming back as RB? Thought he showed promise as a freshman.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:53 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:52 pm
Any news is Anderson is coming back as RB? Thought he showed promise as a freshman.
He will not be back
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:56 pm

The Rock wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:50 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:19 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:01 pm
Wonder if the emergence of Peoples and Noel along with Daetrich (who I assume will be back from his injury) factored into his decision to move on?
I am sure it did and I wish Marcus luck. I did a separate thread before I saw this but I have to wonder if he is going to Louisville? He would likely start there and he knows Satt well. I wish he would have stayed but I completely understand the move. It is probably in his best interest. This now make it more likely that Peoples could get 70-80% of the carries next year and go pro early. I think he needs to wait and see how he does and get a grade back from the NFL Advisory Board. The issue is that many of these players let agents and media influence their decisions and some of both are already pushing him to go next year with a good season.
He is a good back, but I can't see him being a likely starter at UL. Maybe get some reps, but I just don't see him as a feature back there. Could be wrong, and best of luck to him wherever he goes. I do wish he would be at App for 1 more year, as I think we are still think in the RB room for next year
Hawkins declared early and the most experience they have is Hassan Hall. I don't think he would get 250 carries but I would imagine he could split time with Hall and still get 125-150 range next fall. Louisville could use another experienced back. I would also think that there are some other P5s that would love to get a player like him with his experience. We know he can run for 100+ yards, can run pretty well, and be an All-Conf player so there should be a market for him.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:46 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:56 pm
The Rock wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:50 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:19 pm
Rick83 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:01 pm
Wonder if the emergence of Peoples and Noel along with Daetrich (who I assume will be back from his injury) factored into his decision to move on?
I am sure it did and I wish Marcus luck. I did a separate thread before I saw this but I have to wonder if he is going to Louisville? He would likely start there and he knows Satt well. I wish he would have stayed but I completely understand the move. It is probably in his best interest. This now make it more likely that Peoples could get 70-80% of the carries next year and go pro early. I think he needs to wait and see how he does and get a grade back from the NFL Advisory Board. The issue is that many of these players let agents and media influence their decisions and some of both are already pushing him to go next year with a good season.
He is a good back, but I can't see him being a likely starter at UL. Maybe get some reps, but I just don't see him as a feature back there. Could be wrong, and best of luck to him wherever he goes. I do wish he would be at App for 1 more year, as I think we are still think in the RB room for next year
Hawkins declared early and the most experience they have is Hassan Hall. I don't think he would get 250 carries but I would imagine he could split time with Hall and still get 125-150 range next fall. Louisville could use another experienced back. I would also think that there are some other P5s that would love to get a player like him with his experience. We know he can run for 100+ yards, can run pretty well, and be an All-Conf player so there should be a market for him.
There's definitely a market for him. He didn't make this decision without some research...
tAPPedInSports.net

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:55 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:53 pm
appstate5 wrote:
He will not be back
Sure about that?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:01 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:55 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
appstate5 wrote:
He will not be back
Sure about that?
Unless some things have changed that I have not heard yet, yes. Would love to have him back! But, as of now, he's not even a student at App.
tAPPedInSports.net

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:01 pm

I believe losing 8 is a big blow to offense.. Not sure Noel is a second feature back against P5 teams given his size. Would like to see him used more in short passing game to see if he could elude D in one on one match ups. Hopefully he steps up or we go to transfer portal ourselves.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:14 pm

Would like to see a transfer portal add at RB at this point.

JohnnyBurrito

Unread post by JohnnyBurrito » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm

Maybe Castle stays at RB. Still feels thin overall. With Harrington’s multiple injuries it makes you feel a little nervous...

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:06 pm

RB isn't exactly overflowing in the transfer portal (could change). There are a few interesting names, specifically guys we offered out of HS. Paris Brown Jr(Pitt), Jahmir Smith(ND), Antwuan Branch (UNC).
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:11 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:01 pm
I believe losing 8 is a big blow to offense.. Not sure Noel is a second feature back against P5 teams given his size. Would like to see him used more in short passing game to see if he could elude D in one on one match ups. Hopefully he steps up or we go to transfer portal ourselves.
Maybe...just maybe Noel will run outside a bit more with the new OC?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:22 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
I love MWJr, but i wouldnt say losing him is a big blow to our offense. I would have agreed last off-season, but he was sparingly used this year and Noel and Peoples carried the load nicely.
The Appalachian State

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:33 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:22 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
I love MWJr, but i wouldnt say losing him is a big blow to our offense. I would have agreed last off-season, but he was sparingly used this year and Noel and Peoples carried the load nicely.
Except for the injuries, and the unexpected Covid-19 extra year, we should have been prepared for Williams, Jr. to be gone since he was a senior.
WE ARE YOSEF!

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:22 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Based on 2020, I think Noel could be the second feature back. He will likely gain weight in the off season, and his elusiveness offsets size to some degree.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:30 pm

BayouApp wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:22 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Based on 2020, I think Noel could be the second feature back. He will likely gain weight in the off season, and his elusiveness offsets size to some degree.
His frame is fine. He definitely looks thin out there, but that’s not surprising for a true freshman with no real S&C program. I expect him to bulk up a bit before September. He’s going to be a stud.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:17 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:01 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appstate5 wrote:
He will not be back
Sure about that?
Unless some things have changed that I have not heard yet, yes. Would love to have him back! But, as of now, he's not even a student at App.
Unless something has changed in the last couple of weeks, he is slated to return.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:01 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appstate5 wrote:
He will not be back
Sure about that?
He is in school. Listed on their website as Kwon R Anderson. Freshman in exercise science

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 pm

The Rock wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appstate5 wrote:
He will not be back
Sure about that?
He is in school. Listed on their website as Kwon R Anderson. Freshman in exercise science
I was about to say same thing. Last thing I heard was that he was indeed in school and trying to return to the program but that came from someone who claimed to talk to a coach. We definitely need him back. He is a talented player. My question is do we move him back to WR and Castle back to LB or keep them both at RB if we don't get anyone in the portal? I would be fine with not getting someone from the portal if Harrington could return. It is still early in the injury overall and he could end up ahead of schedule and be back in August. I would think if we have Peoples, Noel, Anderson, Castle, and Harrington that starting with 5 would be fine. I guess with the fact Peoples has been hurt, Anderson did not play in 2020, and Harrington was hurt makes people worry about injuries again.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:52 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 pm
The Rock wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

He will not be back
Sure about that?
I was about to say same thing. Last thing I heard was that he was indeed in school and trying to return to the program but that came from someone who claimed to talk to a coach. We definitely need him back. He is a talented player. My question is do we move him back to WR and Castle back to LB or keep them both at RB if we don't get anyone in the portal? I would be fine with not getting someone from the portal if Harrington could return. It is still early in the injury overall and he could end up ahead of schedule and be back in August. I would think if we have Peoples, Noel, Anderson, Castle, and Harrington that starting with 5 would be fine. I guess with the fact Peoples has been hurt, Anderson did not play in 2020, and Harrington was hurt makes people worry about injuries again.
I believe Anderson and Castle both stay at RB and we’ll try to bring in a transfer as well. Then hope Harrington recovers quickly, but we’re prepared if he doesn’t.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:48 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:52 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:49 pm
The Rock wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

Sure about that?
I believe Anderson and Castle both stay at RB and we’ll try to bring in a transfer as well. Then hope Harrington recovers quickly, but we’re prepared if he doesn’t.
My only reason for thinking they may not is if nobody enters the portal that we can get who we believe can help us out. Would that prevent us from going there? Also, nobody has said when the NCAA will require teams to get back down to 85 scholarships and the financial limits to think about. I wonder how many over 85 we can/will go?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”