Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Anyone else still waiting on their Season Tickets & Parking for 2021?

ASU02

Re: Anyone else still waiting on their Season Tickets & Parking for 2021?

Unread post by ASU02 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:40 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:20 pm
Got my tickets
The Rolex with the Block A was a nice surprise for NEZ holders
Now we know why we could not afford to have the Hospitality Room.

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:50 pm
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:39 pm
Just got mine. I got the Legends lot, the lowest lot on campus, despite going to the Golden Mountaineer level this year. Have to say, slightly disappointed with that. Also no gift.
You are not the only one.
Well this post gives me no hope. New member went in at golden level with the hopes of raley lot . I will be happy with just tickets and a place to park my my car at this point. Nothing yet. Disappointing to say the least.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Got mine but like others my parking was screwed up. Made the pledge with a guarantee that the spot I’ve had for 10+ years wouldn’t change. Got moved from Duncan to festival parking in the river street deck. Got a bad feeling that the Yosef Club is getting ready to lose some members.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:48 pm
Got mine but like others my parking was screwed up. Made the pledge with a guarantee that the spot I’ve had for 10+ years wouldn’t change. Got moved from Duncan to festival parking in the river street deck. Got a bad feeling that the Yosef Club is getting ready to lose some members.
Yeah this has got to be done better. I was indirectly told at this level I would have great parking. Will not go in at this level again.

ASU02

Unread post by ASU02 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:05 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 pm
bcoach wrote:
Just got mine. I got the Legends lot, the lowest lot on campus, despite going to the Golden Mountaineer level this year. Have to say, slightly disappointed with that. Also no gift.
Well this post gives me no hope. New member went in at golden level with the hopes of raley lot . I will be happy with just tickets and a place to park my my car at this point. Nothing yet. Disappointing to say the least.

Sounds like they upped their donation not sure they are new.

Tickets/parking delayed or still missing, no Hospitality Room, parking being messed up after 10+ years, no gift and no solid details on “special football event(s) invite.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:12 pm

Yes, my parking was screwed up as well. Was separated from my tailgate (and season ticket holder) friend in 2019 (even though our seats are beside each other and we give at the same level). I reached out personally to a member of the ticket office in February of 2020 to see what we could do to link our accounts. We both moved our seats and upgraded our Giving level. We were assured that our accounts would be linked.
Package arrived on Friday and I am back in Legends. No change, despite my efforts to fix the issue.
It will not cause me to cancel my giving, because that's not why i give. However, it really kills the tailgate, which is a major part of the day.
There's no reason why Parking can't be assigned when you pay your Yosef dues each year. Sure, there have been some changes, but it's not that hard to have a little vision and get ahead of this.
Sign up, pay your donation level (or begin installments) and as long as you stay current, lock in your space. When the lot fills up, communicate that and let the next best lot become the next option.
Instead, we get last minute parking assignments with no recourse.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:16 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Yeah this has got to be done better. I was indirectly told at this level I would have great parking. Will not go in at this level again.
I understand the struggle with parking but I was told my parking wouldn’t change. Nothing will get you in more trouble faster than not doing what you say you will do.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:17 pm

ASU02 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:05 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 pm
bcoach wrote:

Sounds like they upped their donation not sure they are new.

Tickets/parking delayed or still missing, no Hospitality Room, parking being messed up after 10+ years, no gift and no solid details on “special football event(s) invite.
We’ll I was told when I made the donation that at this level I would be in at least library deck or river street with the goal of peacock .. from a CC at the Yosef club ... I haven’t received tickets ,pass , anything, nothing no email zilch Just very misled I think.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 pm

The closing of stadium lot did not create this many problems, things should have been handled better.
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:39 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Just calm down....there may be a year that parking is screwed up but after the dorms are demolished all will be well. No reason to quit financial support.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 am

huskie3 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 pm
The closing of stadium lot did not create this many problems, things should have been handled better.
They certainly could have been handled better. In speaking with some people this weekend, there were some lessons learned going forward. I also offered my help next year.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:56 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:39 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Just calm down....there may be a year that parking is screwed up but after the dorms are demolished all will be well. No reason to quit financial support.
I’ll admit this is something we should NOT have to get upset over. This however, is a mess. We have a game this Saturday and some people , who have to drive hours, have no idea where they’ll park! They made the effort and the commitment at a high level ( new member I might add….)And this is how we treat them. What’s even worse NO TICKETS.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 am
huskie3 wrote:
They certainly could have been handled better. In speaking with some people this weekend, there were some lessons learned going forward. I also offered my help next year.
How do you offer to help? I would be glad to volunteer hours to help with the process and fulfillment.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
How do you offer to help? I would be glad to volunteer hours to help with the process and fulfillment.
I just let them know that I was available to help. They are good people that are trying the best they can in a difficult situation. I have heard of instances where the staff hand delivered tickets to local customers. Hell, they brought mine to me in Miami. They are trying. My thought is that I will reach out to Doug Banks in June and offer my assistance, as well as, offer to organize some volunteers.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 am

I truly believe having more App alums in positions within Yosef Club would help, in terms of those with a little more love for the mountain top and wanting to do everything possible to keep majority of members happy when things are not perfect. I know people who bleed black and gold and want to be on the mountain top for life.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:14 am

Well I’ll give an update on my status. After a cold phone call with an extremely aggravated lady at the ticket office … I was given a tracking number through UPS. It states tickets have been shipped and due to arrive Tuesday by 7 PM. Go App!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:16 am

Still waiting.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:48 am

Still no tickets. No response to emails or phone messages. Been a Season Ticket holder since 1980, YC member since mid 80s. Increased level of giving and requested a change in parking assignment due to some physical issues. Frustrated and concerned about parking assignment. This is beyond unacceptable.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:54 am

Looks to me like no leadership. Lots of radio silence from the top.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:04 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
I just let them know that I was available to help. They are good people that are trying the best they can in a difficult situation. I have heard of instances where the staff hand delivered tickets to local customers. Hell, they brought mine to me in Miami. They are trying. My thought is that I will reach out to Doug Banks in June and offer my assistance, as well as, offer to organize some volunteers.
There was a time when a small army of volunteers spent 2-3 solid days stuffing ticket packets and parking. I was fortunate to be part of that process for many years until the printing and mailing was outsourced. With construction and lot closures, the stuffing was brought in-house for 2019 to be sure the myriad of changes to parking assignments was as smooth as possible. They even pulled in some former Yosef staff and some of the former volunteers who held so much of the institutional memory. I got to be included in that 2019 crew. 2020 was a bust as we all know.

With 2021, we've got the complete closure of the Justice lot with no additional inventory (think softball, stadium deck, tennis courts added in 2019 to replace Stadium lot). We've also got some potential mitigating factors in planning like not knowing if COVID-19 restrictions would be reinstated by Governor Cooper and still trying to recover from the huge economic impact that the lack of a real football season last year imposed upon us. While I have no direct knowledge of delaying expenditures until we knew for certain that we would have football, I can see that being a real possibility.

The other thing that seems to be happening in 2021 is the absence of that institutional memory that, in my opinion, is immeasurably important. Justice was one of the higher end donor lots. Its closure would push folks in the donor lots below the Justice level down if their donation level is less that of the displaced Justice donor. Some folks in Duncan and Peacock would not be moved because they're giving enough to park "up" but have chosen to park "down". This is a weird year.

What I understand we'll get when we add the surface lot where Gardner-Coltrane used to be will be a complete repark of the entire parking system based on priority points and donor level. I believe that's supposed to be 2023.

The packing and stuffing of tickets and parking passes is the easy part by comparison. The much harder job is assigning available parking while keeping in mind that Donor A is friends with Donor Z and will be angry if they don't park together, and Donor C qualifies to park on the old tennis courts but would prefer to park on the top of the stadium deck, and so on. That assignment of parking does not lend itself well to being done by volunteers.

Could this year's assignments and rollout have been smoother - of course. Would direct communication with someone being displaced after years in the same spot have been prudent - absolutely. Should the new kids on the block have requested and been provided access to someone with institutional memory for guidance - yep. Am I disappointed in how this process was handled this year - a bit. The bottom line for me is that we still get football, and I still get to be in my seats cheering for my Mountaineers. I'll keep reminding myself that there is more right in this world than there is wrong and carry on.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”