Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Anyone else still waiting on their Season Tickets & Parking for 2021?

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Anyone else still waiting on their Season Tickets & Parking for 2021?

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:16 am

Not copying Daphne’s post, which is completely spot on, I would like to add the logistics of first ever concert in KBS and the implementation of the Pacion (sp) conversion. Both of those situations created added stress to the man hours needed versus what was available.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:13 pm

I called the ticket office earlier today and learned that my packet is due for delivery on Wednesday (9.15). That's cuttin' it close--too close for my comfort. I realize there's never been a year like this one and there's no way to know what obstacles/situations will complicate future years. Our staff will certainly go forward with lessons learned from 2020 and 2021. I appreciate their extra efforts during these most uncertain times.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:02 pm

I called ticket office on Friday and was assured my tickets were going out that day. I have the UPS app on my phone and still showing nothing. I will call tomorrow again if nothing shows on the app. This is really unacceptable and we are all due an apology from the AD. This is no way to support your donors and ticket holders.

Budman2154

Unread post by Budman2154 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Well obviously there hasn’t been much communication from Yosef Ticket office or there wouldn’t be this much discussion and frustration being shown on this page

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:33 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:04 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 am
huskie3 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 pm
The closing of stadium lot did not create this many problems, things should have been handled better.
They certainly could have been handled better. In speaking with some people this weekend, there were some lessons learned going forward. I also offered my help next year.
How do you offer to help? I would be glad to volunteer hours to help with the process and fulfillment.
I just let them know that I was available to help. They are good people that are trying the best they can in a difficult situation. I have heard of instances where the staff hand delivered tickets to local customers. Hell, they brought mine to me in Miami. They are trying. My thought is that I will reach out to Doug Banks in June and offer my assistance, as well as, offer to organize some volunteers.
There was a time when a small army of volunteers spent 2-3 solid days stuffing ticket packets and parking. I was fortunate to be part of that process for many years until the printing and mailing was outsourced. With construction and lot closures, the stuffing was brought in-house for 2019 to be sure the myriad of changes to parking assignments was as smooth as possible. They even pulled in some former Yosef staff and some of the former volunteers who held so much of the institutional memory. I got to be included in that 2019 crew. 2020 was a bust as we all know.

With 2021, we've got the complete closure of the Justice lot with no additional inventory (think softball, stadium deck, tennis courts added in 2019 to replace Stadium lot). We've also got some potential mitigating factors in planning like not knowing if COVID-19 restrictions would be reinstated by Governor Cooper and still trying to recover from the huge economic impact that the lack of a real football season last year imposed upon us. While I have no direct knowledge of delaying expenditures until we knew for certain that we would have football, I can see that being a real possibility.

The other thing that seems to be happening in 2021 is the absence of that institutional memory that, in my opinion, is immeasurably important. Justice was one of the higher end donor lots. Its closure would push folks in the donor lots below the Justice level down if their donation level is less that of the displaced Justice donor. Some folks in Duncan and Peacock would not be moved because they're giving enough to park "up" but have chosen to park "down". This is a weird year.

What I understand we'll get when we add the surface lot where Gardner-Coltrane used to be will be a complete repark of the entire parking system based on priority points and donor level. I believe that's supposed to be 2023.

The packing and stuffing of tickets and parking passes is the easy part by comparison. The much harder job is assigning available parking while keeping in mind that Donor A is friends with Donor Z and will be angry if they don't park together, and Donor C qualifies to park on the old tennis courts but would prefer to park on the top of the stadium deck, and so on. That assignment of parking does not lend itself well to being done by volunteers.

Could this year's assignments and rollout have been smoother - of course. Would direct communication with someone being displaced after years in the same spot have been prudent - absolutely. Should the new kids on the block have requested and been provided access to someone with institutional memory for guidance - yep. Am I disappointed in how this process was handled this year - a bit. The bottom line for me is that we still get football, and I still get to be in my seats cheering for my Mountaineers. I'll keep reminding myself that there is more right in this world than there is wrong and carry on.
Good words! My only comment: Is there any reason that the timeline cannot be backed up? Why can’t tickets and parking be mailed in June or July vs. August? Also, for a program that needs to grow donations and members, this is a very important process to get right.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:41 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:33 pm
Good words! My only comment: Is there any reason that the timeline cannot be backed up? Why can’t tickets and parking be mailed in June or July vs. August? Also, for a program that needs to grow donations and members, this is a very important process to get right.
Whether it's a good or bad decision - they appear to be waiting until the last second to start the process so they don't spend a bunch of money only to have the whole season shut down or altered by things outside their control.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:05 am

AppBox wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:41 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:33 pm
Whether it's a good or bad decision - they appear to be waiting until the last second to start the process so they don't spend a bunch of money only to have the whole season shut down or altered by things outside their control.
Could be. Another scenario is that they had the added issues with the concert. I don’t think that it had any direct influence on the football tickets, but it does pull away resources that could be assisting.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am

Im sure DG is aware but a note from him last week would have been good.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:39 am

I finally got my tickets yesterday but lost my parking space I've had for years even though I increased my donation by $500 over 2020. No one answers the phone at Yosef Club office.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:39 am
I finally got my tickets yesterday but lost my parking space I've had for years even though I increased my donation by $500 over 2020. No one answers the phone at Yosef Club office.
Email Emily Caudle.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:55 am

Call 8282623108. They usually have someone answering that line most days from 9am-5pm.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:04 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:32 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:26 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:48 am
huskie3 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:48 pm
The closing of stadium lot did not create this many problems, things should have been handled better.
They certainly could have been handled better. In speaking with some people this weekend, there were some lessons learned going forward. I also offered my help next year.
How do you offer to help? I would be glad to volunteer hours to help with the process and fulfillment.
I just let them know that I was available to help. They are good people that are trying the best they can in a difficult situation. I have heard of instances where the staff hand delivered tickets to local customers. Hell, they brought mine to me in Miami. They are trying. My thought is that I will reach out to Doug Banks in June and offer my assistance, as well as, offer to organize some volunteers.
There was a time when a small army of volunteers spent 2-3 solid days stuffing ticket packets and parking. I was fortunate to be part of that process for many years until the printing and mailing was outsourced. With construction and lot closures, the stuffing was brought in-house for 2019 to be sure the myriad of changes to parking assignments was as smooth as possible. They even pulled in some former Yosef staff and some of the former volunteers who held so much of the institutional memory. I got to be included in that 2019 crew. 2020 was a bust as we all know.

With 2021, we've got the complete closure of the Justice lot with no additional inventory (think softball, stadium deck, tennis courts added in 2019 to replace Stadium lot). We've also got some potential mitigating factors in planning like not knowing if COVID-19 restrictions would be reinstated by Governor Cooper and still trying to recover from the huge economic impact that the lack of a real football season last year imposed upon us. While I have no direct knowledge of delaying expenditures until we knew for certain that we would have football, I can see that being a real possibility.

The other thing that seems to be happening in 2021 is the absence of that institutional memory that, in my opinion, is immeasurably important. Justice was one of the higher end donor lots. Its closure would push folks in the donor lots below the Justice level down if their donation level is less that of the displaced Justice donor. Some folks in Duncan and Peacock would not be moved because they're giving enough to park "up" but have chosen to park "down". This is a weird year.

What I understand we'll get when we add the surface lot where Gardner-Coltrane used to be will be a complete repark of the entire parking system based on priority points and donor level. I believe that's supposed to be 2023.

The packing and stuffing of tickets and parking passes is the easy part by comparison. The much harder job is assigning available parking while keeping in mind that Donor A is friends with Donor Z and will be angry if they don't park together, and Donor C qualifies to park on the old tennis courts but would prefer to park on the top of the stadium deck, and so on. That assignment of parking does not lend itself well to being done by volunteers.

Could this year's assignments and rollout have been smoother - of course. Would direct communication with someone being displaced after years in the same spot have been prudent - absolutely. Should the new kids on the block have requested and been provided access to someone with institutional memory for guidance - yep. Am I disappointed in how this process was handled this year - a bit. The bottom line for me is that we still get football, and I still get to be in my seats cheering for my Mountaineers. I'll keep reminding myself that there is more right in this world than there is wrong and carry on.
Well I can assure you the “prudent” thing didn’t get done. I was actually promised my long term spot and then got moved. Not a little moved, a lot moved. Now I can’t even get a call returned. I’m not going to be as forgiving as some.

ASU02

Unread post by ASU02 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:01 pm

I had the same issue. I called and unfortunately had no success in getting the issue resolved.

app83

Unread post by app83 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:56 pm

To anybody that has not received season tickets yet......You might want to call and check. I was waiting patiently and decided to call yesterday. Gotta call back today from a nice young lady named Kelsey and as it turns out they either didnt ship my season tickets and parking pass or they were returned. Bottom line....I now have to pick them up at the Holmes Center Saturday morning. As for the parking pass I called a few weeks ago to inquire because on the portal is showed me as "Dun Row 3 seat 33". There is no such parking space number in the Duncan lot so when I inquired they told me it was the same space that we had the past couple of years. Well as it turns out they did move us to another location in the Duncan lot which is perhaps a better location but one problem.....it is directly next to where there are normally a couple of porta potties. Like others I have continued to increase my giving every year and it is very disappointing that despite that I have to drive up early Saturday to pick up my tickets and then go park next to a porta potty. Kelsey did say she would check to see if there is anything they can do and call me back this afternoon but this late in the game I doubt it. Anyway....if you havnt received your ticks yet I would be proactive and call as for all you know you may be in the same boat as me. After all of that whining I will say this........at least I get to see the APPS play Saturday. Beat Elon!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:10 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:42 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:39 am
Email Emily Caudle.
Finally got through to Yosef office. Talked to Suzette and she fixed things. I'm back in my spot. Thanks Suzette.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:23 am
Well I can assure you the “prudent” thing didn’t get done. I was actually promised my long term spot and then got moved. Not a little moved, a lot moved. Now I can’t even get a call returned. I’m not going to be as forgiving as some.
I don't blame you a bit. Keep calling.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Been a Season Ticket holder for 40 yrs...same seats for 20+yrs. NO Tix & NO PP. My tix are with YC awaiting Parking Assignment. Headed to Boone in the morning. Hoping coffee, a 90 minute drive and a much calmer/patient wife will keep me from exploding...UGH!!!!!!!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:43 pm

I kept calling both Yosef and ticket office, finally got to speak with Suzette - problem solved. I will drive to Boone tomorrow to pick up and I am no longer furious.
Bring Your A Game!

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:46 pm

JMappfan5 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm
Been a Season Ticket holder for 40 yrs...same seats for 20+yrs. NO Tix & NO PP. My tix are with YC awaiting Parking Assignment. Headed to Boone in the morning. Hoping coffee, a 90 minute drive and a much calmer/patient wife will keep me from exploding...UGH!!!!!!!
This is not acceptable for a lifelong fan. It's not acceptable for a brand new ticket holder either.

I'm hoping that three hours of screaming at Elon will release a little of the frustration I'm feeling after having spent 13 years working as a Yosef Advisory Board member and volunteer trying to get new members and seeing a ticket / parking process that appears to resemble the current state of Gardner-Coltrane. It's still great to be a Mountaineer, and I won't let this year's issues spoil my enjoyment of App State Athletics. Nor will I allow this to stop my support of Yosef and our student-athletes.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:29 pm

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:46 pm
JMappfan5 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:38 pm
This is not acceptable for a lifelong fan. It's not acceptable for a brand new ticket holder either.

I'm hoping that three hours of screaming at Elon will release a little of the frustration I'm feeling after having spent 13 years working as a Yosef Advisory Board member and volunteer trying to get new members and seeing a ticket / parking process that appears to resemble the current state of Gardner-Coltrane. It's still great to be a Mountaineer, and I won't let this year's issues spoil my enjoyment of App State Athletics. Nor will I allow this to stop my support of Yosef and our student-athletes.
Thanks Daphne! Obviously, many of us are frustrated. However, I appreciate your insight and your positive outlook.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”