Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

On another note…Satterfield had a terrible day

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: On another note…Satterfield had a terrible day

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am

NavyApp wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:06 am
AppinVA wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:01 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:37 am
We brought back Mark Spier as an assistant. Why not bring Scotty Big Bucks home too? After ACC HC money I’m sure he’d take an unpaid gig to help out the alma mater.
I know you’re joking, but for those who may not be, we’ve moved on. I will most always pull for Satt teams (unless he winds up at CHeat or stink, UNC-Harrisburg, etc.), but here is not an option anymore. It would create too much division. Same goes for Elliott.
Honest question: why would bringing him back create division and with who would it be with?
Sorry. It COULD create division. These types of things hardly ever work.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:07 am

I would be surprised if Satt is gone after this year. He walked into a cesspool at to the Ville. Just my opinion
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:16 am

UNC will never "Let" Mack "Go" - that is not how it will play out - Mack will come to the realization that his job is done - he has restored UNC football to respectability (not talking Ws-Ls) - I see Mack on the sideline and he looks tired - compare him to the actions of Saban or some of the older coaches (even basketball coaches like K and Roy, etc) - How much longer will he want to do that especially with the high expectations every year and his mediocre on the field results ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:01 am

Yes I was joking. Thank you Navy for understanding that. I could see how a former App head coach and former ACC head coach coming in to say, an advisory position could turn into a “too many cooks in the kitchen” situation. BUT App has built a family culture where ex coaches come home AND Scott has left App once before then came home to be coach in waiting, so it’s plausible. I would think he ends up on a bigger staff, “rehabs his image” a bit, then gets another opportunity somewhere else.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:58 am

He will probably end up as an advisor on Saban's staff....that seems to be where fired coaches go to "rehab"

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:20 am

NavyApp wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:57 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Gears wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:55 pm
From one of the Louisville Football forums…“Where are you now? 30-13 to start the 4th and lose? I said before this game could go either way, but to choke that badly? Not good. Get that hick, country bumpkin outta here. He’s a fish out of water.”
I figure this time next year he will be at Duke. I hope so. I’m tired of having to pull for those idiots.
Well if the Holes keep sucking (which I hope they do it brings me great joy!), Mack may have an Urben-esque medical issue forcing him to retire leaving that job open again. How weird would it be to see Satt as the HC on the wrong sideline in KBS?
They're going to keep losing this year until they make staff changes, but Mack will ride this out a few more years and no chance is Satt going to CH after he failed at Louisville

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:41 am

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:20 am
NavyApp wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:57 am
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Gears wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:55 pm
From one of the Louisville Football forums…“Where are you now? 30-13 to start the 4th and lose? I said before this game could go either way, but to choke that badly? Not good. Get that hick, country bumpkin outta here. He’s a fish out of water.”
I figure this time next year he will be at Duke. I hope so. I’m tired of having to pull for those idiots.
Well if the Holes keep sucking (which I hope they do it brings me great joy!), Mack may have an Urben-esque medical issue forcing him to retire leaving that job open again. How weird would it be to see Satt as the HC on the wrong sideline in KBS?
They're going to keep losing this year until they make staff changes, but Mack will ride this out a few more years and no chance is Satt going to CH after he failed at Louisville
So you've already chalked up Scott being a failure at Louisville?
WE ARE YOSEF!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 pm

Already failed??? - you are aware of what he took over???
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:53 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 pm
yes, but he's not going to get another 3 years to turn it fully around and I'll bet a lot of money he's either gone after this year or next. It is what it is. Maybe if he didn't say the best thing about Louisville was the airport then he might get more time but I don't think he will. If he loses another 4 or 5 games this year you think they'll keep him?

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:03 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:07 am
I would be surprised if Satt is gone after this year. He walked into a cesspool at to the Ville. Just my opinion
Louisville athletic department is bleeding cash and is a wreck. They can't afford to get rid of him even if they wanted to.

He will hopefully finish with 6 wins. A win last week would have made that a likely. Now 5 is likely and if things go well then 6.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:53 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:24 pm
yes, but he's not going to get another 3 years to turn it fully around and I'll bet a lot of money he's either gone after this year or next. It is what it is. Maybe if he didn't say the best thing about Louisville was the airport then he might get more time but I don't think he will. If he loses another 4 or 5 games this year you think they'll keep him?
And openly flirt with the South Carolina job. Idk if Louisville has the fortitude and cash to buy him out but I know the fans will want to.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”