Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ULL discussion

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Re: ULL discussion

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:43 pm

I haven’t seen this kind of play or being unprepared since the Jerry Moore days VA tech beat down 70- to something! There’s a lot of that in this administration hate to say it but this is bad.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Louisiana kicked our ass. Better everywhere. The lines. The coaching. You name it.
YNWA

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:46 pm

Just fucking go to the bus, my God how pathetic

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:48 pm

I’ve turned it off a while ago.

But reminded me of the Villanova games when their lines man handled us.

Just embarrassing.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 pm

Yeah. Clark has absolutely got to be on the Hot Seat now. This team has too much talent to be coming out like this. S&C looks soft too
The Appalachian State

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:52 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 pm
Yeah. Clark has absolutely got to be on the Hot Seat now. This team has too much talent to be coming out like this. S&C looks soft too
Stop it you’re embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. Clark is no where close to a “hot seat”.
YNWA

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:53 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:43 pm
I haven’t seen this kind of play or being unprepared since the Jerry Moore days VA tech beat down 70- to something! There’s a lot of that in this administration hate to say it but this is bad.
Eerily similiar

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 pm

When was the last time we got demoralized like this from a conference team?

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:56 pm

This is the worst performance I can remember. Just absoluted dominated. This is coaching. 100%. Shawn Clark is suppose to be this big player coach and App State guy…. WOW. We need a major upgrade at coaching. I chalked last year up to Covid but perhaps we are what we are now with Clark - The 3rd or 4th best team in the Sun Belt.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:04 pm

That game was an absolute embarrassment. I may have to readjust my expectations of this team. I am not sure that we can beat teams we are not supposed to beat, at least we haven't done so since we lost our last coach. We were favored in this game and lost by more than 4 touchdowns. We were completely unprepared for what we faced tonight. I keep saying that 'if we play our game' but I am beginning to wonder if I am just wrong about our capabilities. Our staff seems to be blind to simple things like the fact that Nate just isn't a between the tackles every down back when the defense is still fresh, but yet we continue to run him up the gut play after play after play. Meanwhile we have Harrington on the bench, and I know this is his first game back, but if he is healthy enough to play then why does he not get many attempts? We all know that he can run between the tackles with authority. We also have Jamir Smith on the bench and give him very very few attempts when the game mattered despite his bigger build and more powerful running style. Now, clearly the coaches know more than I do, but I just don't understand what it is they think they see that nobody else seems to see. And if they know we only really have Nate, then why not just open the game up throwing the ball all over the field and don't even try to run for the first several series. We can dink and dunk and throw intermediate until the defense backs off the box and opens up running lanes. Tell me that strategy wouldn't absolutely shock any team we played. We don't seem to change our game plan despite injuries or any other issues that my prevent us from running with our plans. Just so frustrating to watch because this team has so much potential and so many really good players came back to make this a special year.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:52 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Stop it you’re embarrassing yourself with this nonsense. Clark is no where close to a “hot seat”.
I'm not sure what games you have been watching and what program you cheer for, but if you haven't seen some underlying issues over the course of this season that all blew up in a big way this evening, then you sir are the one who should be embarrassed. This isn't the first time this year I've seen an unprepared and unmotivated football team wearing black and gold, add in undisciplined to that tonight. This is college football , not the pros, so yes, inlook to the guy in charge. I love Shawn and have had the chance to talk to him many times, but my personal feelings toward him as a person have to be laid aside based on the glaring issues I've seen thus far. Hot Seat doesn't mean I'm calling for him to be fired, it means we better start seeing improvement in the areas that we are weakest. Haven't seen that yet, and in fact, have seen regression. Clear enough?
The Appalachian State

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Back to back blowout losses on prime time is how you become irrelevant like Troy or Georgia southern. If this happens again heads need to roll. Sorry if you don’t like it.

Not Clark’s. But someone’s.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 pm

What the .......!

If I could find one positive or one compliment on our team and coaches I would share.....but I can't.
PATHETIC PISS POOR.

I WILL COMPLIMENT Louisiana for SAND PAPERING OUR ASS!

BAD THING IS I SEE COASTAL APPLYING ABOUT THREE COATS OF WAX TO OUR ASS NEXT WEEK.
KICK ASS!!!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:15 pm

ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Mainly because of the ridiculous 4 million dollar buyout we gave a first time head coach.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:18 pm

We are overlooking one thing in this game. Coaches don't throw and they don't catch. Tonight the players didn't either. I'll be kind and leave it at that.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:19 pm

Not much to add to last two posts. Let’s get to bed. Tomorrow is another day and it gives us an opportunity to fix all the wrongs and play better. Good night Apps.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
I'm not sure what games you have been watching and what program you cheer for, but if you haven't seen some underlying issues over the course of this season that all blew up in a big way this evening, then you sir are the one who should be embarrassed. This isn't the first time this year I've seen an unprepared and unmotivated football team wearing black and gold, add in undisciplined to that tonight. This is college football , not the pros, so yes, inlook to the guy in charge. I love Shawn and have had the chance to talk to him many times, but my personal feelings toward him as a person have to be laid aside based on the glaring issues I've seen thus far. Hot Seat doesn't mean I'm calling for him to be fired, it means we better start seeing improvement in the areas that we are weakest. Haven't seen that yet, and in fact, have seen regression. Clear enough?
Shawn is 14-5 and 2-0 in bowl games.

Tonight was a disaster, but Clark is no where near a hot seat. You are overreacting to an incredibly brutal performance tonight and sounding foolish. We blew out a decent Ga State team a week ago, was Clark on the hot seat then? How about 2 weeks before that when we took Miami to the limit and a couple dropped passes were the difference maker?

Foolishness.
YNWA

Kafarmer

Unread post by Kafarmer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:28 pm

This one hurts no doubt. When La struck quickly and often in the first quarter, the game plan altered. Nate is good, but obviously not an every down guy all night.just have to accept the fact the wheels came off tonight. La played a great game and fed off our mistakes. Handle the rest of the games and we’ll tee it up again against the Cajuns!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:29 pm

Some of these takes are hall of famers. Including throwing Jerry Moore under the bus and of course firing everyone starting with Clark. I understand emotions are running high and we are all disappointed. But let’s not abandon the season just yet. This was Louisiana’s super bowl just like next week will be ours. They out played us. It happens. But I predict we play very well against Coastal. Everyone calm down a bit. We still control our own destiny.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:30 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:23 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:09 pm
ah59396 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Shawn is 14-5 and 2-0 in bowl games.

Tonight was a disaster, but Clark is no where near a hot seat. You are overreacting to an incredibly brutal performance tonight and sounding foolish. We blew out a decent Ga State team a week ago, was Clark on the hot seat then? How about 2 weeks before that when we took Miami to the limit and a couple dropped passes were the difference maker?

Foolishness.
He has now lost 5 games vs opponents who aren’t on life support.

He has only won 1.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”