Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Club's "Rise With Us"

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Yosef Club's "Rise With Us"

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:07 am

I have been out of town and just opened up my 2014 Yosef Club booklet. I was wondering if someone could explain or confirm my interpretation of the points earned for rising up. I like the level that I am currently giving. However, after looking at the bonus points, I am seriously thinking of stepping up my giving to the next level. How does the bonus work? According to the "where can I rank" calculator, increasing my donation to the next level will result in 5 more points. Are the 20 points added after the fact? I'm also thinking of buying a season ticket. Moving closer to Boone in a few weeks and while I can buy tickets from friends, I would like to establish myself as a season ticket holder to gain access to more away game tickets.

EastHallApp

Re: Yosef Club's "Rise With Us"

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:13 pm

I have some questions about it too, but I think the ranking calculator just hasn't been updated for 2014 yet, much less to factor in RWU. When I open it up, it only allows me to change my 2013 annual contribution. They also don't have any way that I've seen to pledge for future years, which also earns you bonus points.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 pm

I'll tell you what I know at this point.

The multi-year bonus has been around for several years. If you're pretty sure you'll be able to give at a certain level for multiple years, you can leverage your giving by making a pledge for as many as five years out. You can always give more than your annual pledge if the year is better than you anticipated. For example, I usually make sure that the minimum pledge I expect to give is pledged out for several years. At the beginning of each year I decide if there are funds available to give more and change my current year pledge in January.

The bonus points for 110% giving are added, as I understand it, with the current year pledge. We also had a 110% challenge last year. As I understand it, those folks who did 110% last year will also receive the points bump.

The next level points bump works like the 110% just with more points.

It looks like the points / rank calculator hasn't been updated for the new benefits yet.

Lots of good things are going on in Boone. Kindsay Reeder who used to be exclusively with Yosef is now working in a combo role with the ticket office and Yosef so there can be better coordination between the two. That's one of the reasons for season ticket points now, too.

Remember that this year is also the first year that season ticket cost can be paid in installments rather than in one lump. Hopefully, that will make season tickets within reach for more folks.

Finally, the reason we don't have away game order forms yet is that we're not sure of which conference games are on which dates yet. Once that schedule is truly finalized, we'll get an away game order form. Away tickets are awarded on Yosef rank.

Y'all let me know what questions you have about Yosef. If I don't know the answer, I'll see if I can find out this weekend at the Yosef Club Advisory Board meeting.

Go App!
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks Daphne. As a fairly new member, I'm excited about RWU. Seems like a good chance to get a nice points bump all at once.

I do have a question for you: is there currently, or possibly planned, any kind of bonus for referrals? I noticed on my renewal form there was a space for new members to say who "recruited" them.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:52 pm

I've been giving for a long time and give as much as I can and increase when I can. The only points I really pay attention to are the points I get for buying an airline ticket.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 pm

Points come into play for parking and "big game" tickets.

If two members are at the same giving level the one with the higher points gets the better parking lot and first dibs at tickets if it comes down to that.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:55 pm

EastHallApp wrote:Thanks Daphne. As a fairly new member, I'm excited about RWU. Seems like a good chance to get a nice points bump all at once.

I do have a question for you: is there currently, or possibly planned, any kind of bonus for referrals? I noticed on my renewal form there was a space for new members to say who "recruited" them.
I can see it making sense to get referral points. Right now I believe that slot is used to 1) determine if Yosef Club Advisory Board members are being effective in recruiting new members and 2) seeing where our referrals come from.

I'll try to remember to ask about that possibility. I can see it being a nice points boost particularly for young alums who might be in a great position to recruit new members. That plus the double points for young alums gives young alums great incentive to join early.

#GiveYosef

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:06 pm

Rekdiver wrote:I've been giving for a long time and give as much as I can and increase when I can. The only points I really pay attention to are the points I get for buying an airline ticket.
First, thanks for being part of Yosef!

I'll admit to not paying much attention to my points since I give what I can each year and know that I can't do more.

Second, thanks for being part of Yosef!

Faithful donors like you are the backbone of Yosef. Here's to many more years of the ability and desire to donate to a school we love!

#GiveYosef

ASU1234

Unread post by ASU1234 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:39 am

2013 was the final year of my five Young Alumni giving years. Does anyone know if the RWU % will be calculated from the actual dollar amount I gave in 2013, or the benefit amountI got in 2013 (double the actual dollar amount)?

Anyone run into this yet? Thanks

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 am

ASU1234 wrote:2013 was the final year of my five Young Alumni giving years. Does anyone know if the RWU % will be calculated from the actual dollar amount I gave in 2013, or the benefit amountI got in 2013 (double the actual dollar amount)?

Anyone run into this yet? Thanks
I believe it's calculated on actual dollars. I'll double check.

Edit:
Straight from Yosef staff - RWU 110% for young alums is based on actual dollars given. If you gave $100.00 as a young alum last year and got $200.00 credit through the young alum bump, your RWU 110% for 2014 is $110.00. That goes for continuing young alums as well as young alums transitioning out of young alum status.

As always, thanks for being part of Yosef!

#GiveYosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”