Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2014

asutrnr81

Re: Recruiting, 2014

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:27 pm

IF Capel could recruit this good a kid with his record....what in the world could hAPPen when we actually start winning?

Worrell
Flomo
Dat Kid
Go APPS!

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by firemoose » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:30 pm

asutrnr81 wrote:IF Capel could recruit this good a kid with his record....what in the world could hAPPen when we actually start winning?

Worrell
Flomo
Dat Kid
Hopefully winning we'll get some to actually stay. :idea:

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:57 pm

We know Fox released Flomo today from his NLI. He is opening up recruitment but he told me App is still very much in play. Would be great if he came if he feels it'll be the right move for him.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:03 pm

I bet the garner AAU coach suffers from ED. He seems like the kind of guy who would attempt to compensate for his shortcomings with a car or bball team. He also seems like a massive dbag.
Give 'em hell!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:53 am

firemoose wrote:Per Twitter and internet reports App has offered SG/PG Gabe DeVoe (6′ 3″ 195) of Shelby High School in Shelby, NC. He is showing offers from WCU, Marshall, UNCW, UNCG, Jacksonville, Radford, GWU, Mercer, Richmond, UNCC, High Point, and Elon.

Also reports are App has offered PG Hunter Ware (6' 1 160) of North Cobb Christian School in Kennesaw, GA. Info is limited right now so I've just added him to the 2014 Main page for now. He is showing offers from GWU, Ga Sou, Jacksonville, MTSU, Radford, and Tennessee Tech.

Finally reports are App has offered PG Nate Mason (5' 11" 160). Now here's the problem. Rivals is showing him from Jacksonville FL (Arlington Country Day). ESPN and Future150 are showing him from Decatur GA (Columbia High School) and 247 is showing him from Decatur GA (Shiloh High School). Rivals shows him at no stars. ESPN at three. Future150 at two stars. And the pictures are all of the same kid. Now either there are three of him, triplets, or he really gets around. Combined Nate Mason is showing offers from Clemson, George Mason, Ga St, Harvard, LaSalle, Lehigh, Towson, UAB, Virginia and William & Mary. I am putting him on the Main page for now until the picture becomes clearer.

I just love this stuff. :roll:

Hey Yosef, do you think you could put a smilie of one banging his head against a brick wall in our selection. Not sure why but that seems to appeal to me right now.
Is it OK if I do it? I need it as badly as you do--maybe worse! Image
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:58 am

firemoose wrote:Per Twitter and internet reports App has offered SG/PG Gabe DeVoe (6′ 3″ 195) of Shelby High School in Shelby, NC. He is showing offers from WCU, Marshall, UNCW, UNCG, Jacksonville, Radford, GWU, Mercer, Richmond, UNCC, High Point, and Elon.

Also reports are App has offered PG Hunter Ware (6' 1 160) of North Cobb Christian School in Kennesaw, GA. Info is limited right now so I've just added him to the 2014 Main page for now. He is showing offers from GWU, Ga Sou, Jacksonville, MTSU, Radford, and Tennessee Tech.

Finally reports are App has offered PG Nate Mason (5' 11" 160). Now here's the problem. Rivals is showing him from Jacksonville FL (Arlington Country Day). ESPN and Future150 are showing him from Decatur GA (Columbia High School) and 247 is showing him from Decatur GA (Shiloh High School). Rivals shows him at no stars. ESPN at three. Future150 at two stars. And the pictures are all of the same kid. Now either there are three of him, triplets, or he really gets around. Combined Nate Mason is showing offers from Clemson, George Mason, Ga St, Harvard, LaSalle, Lehigh, Towson, UAB, Virginia and William & Mary. I am putting him on the Main page for now until the picture becomes clearer.

I just love this stuff. :roll:

ImageHey Yosef, do you think you could put a smilie of one banging his head against a brick wall in our selection. Not sure why but that seems to appeal to me right now.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:36 pm

Thanks for the head banger Chuck. I'll keep a copy of that for days like this.

I've updated the 2014 page. I added Flomo and Worrell to the offers section until they commit since they are still offers. In addition to them we still have 4 other offers out there that are uncommitted and one other that might have gone the prep route but I'm still looking.

PG Jaylan Robertson (6′ 1″ 160) of Word Of God Christian Academy in Clinton, NC
PG/SG Jack Shaughnessy (6' 1") of Etowah High School in Woodstock, GA (possible prep)
SG Ricky Council (6′ 4″ 180) of Northern High School in Durham, NC
SF Ryan Johnson (6′ 5″ 170) of Thomasville Prepartory in Thomasville, NC
PF/C Pape Diatta (6′ 7″ 200) of The Rock School in Gainesville, FL

We'll see if any of these get contacted by Coach Fox for the late signing period.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Have added another to the 2014 list from internet reports. PF Coye Simmons (6′ 7″ 220) of Winston Salem Prep in Winston Salem, NC was a UT-Martin commit who recently reopened his recruiting due to their coach being let go. He has held an App offer for a while now and it's being reported that App and several other schools visited him April 10th (thanks Mike and 24/7). I have added a player page with video for him on the Main Page. He is listed as an ESPN 2 star recruit and has additional offers from Citadel, ECU, Fairfield, Gardner Webb, Ga. Sou, Jacksonville, Jacksonville St, Loyola (MD), Marshall, ODU, and Stetson. It's worth noting that most of these offers have been on the table for a while and many might not be valid anymore since he committed to UT-Martin back in November. 24/7 is reporting that the schools that visited along with App were ETSU, Ga. Sou, and UNCC.

We've still got hope of picking up a couple of players in the late signing period. Fingers crossed.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Post on twitter says we are showing interest in 2014 PF/SF Jarrod Evans (6' 8" 210) of Mount Pleasant High School in Mount Pleasant, NC. I'm just going to put the post in here for now until I see a bit more come out but there is a story on him from NCPreps, his NCSA profile with some video, and a Vimeo mix video that I'll link below.

Evan Williams ‏@AllMetroEvan
Appalachian State is now showing interest in (NC) 6'8" PF Jarrod Evans. (@JarrodEvans34)

https://ncpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1508766

http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketba ... rrod-evans

http://vimeo.com/57285168

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:22 am

More on Evans

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:39 pm

AppHoops wrote:More on Evans

It is a good thing he is fundamentally sound and can use both left and right hands well, cause he has a coke can vertical. Zero athleticism but very high Bbal IQ. Maybe he helps out APR wise as well.
Last edited by ASUPATCH on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:58 pm

ASUPATCH wrote:
AppHoops wrote:More on Evans

It is a god thing he is fundamentally sound and can use both left and right hands well cause he has a coke can vertical. Zero athleticism but very high Bbal IQ. Maybe he helps out APR wise as well.
I thought the same thing Patch. And hey, I also have all those qualities, but I don't have what can't be taught, another 1' in height. Looks like he could hold a roster spot and help some, 6'8" appears to be his best quality.
WE ARE YOSEF!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:09 am

From internet reports PF Milos Kostic (6′ 8″ 225) of IMG Academy/Traders Point Christian Academy High School/Bishop Noll Institute in Hammond, IN has picked up an offer from App. Reports from the recruiting sites are a little confusing as ESPN and Rivals show him as a class of 2013 recruit and Verbal Commits is showing him as 2014. You can also see that he's listed at three different schools. I've added him to the 2014 Main Page and put a player page with video up for him. The video is from Traders Point so I going with that as his High School. Appears he went the prep route to IMG in Florida. I'm also going to link his Verbal Commits profile in the post. Rivals is showing him with offers from Northwestern and Fordham but those were from 2013.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/milos-kostic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... EEHbs59q-Y

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:46 am

This should explain the class differences...

INBasketballRecruits
‏@INBRecruits

6'8" PF Milos Kostic of Traders Point Christian (2013) will attend IMG Academy next year and reclassify to 2014.
Reply Retweet Favorite More

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:05 am

Thought this was interesting...http://posttrib.suntimes.com/sports/hig ... 1YwOfldWSo

Also looked into the IMG Academy roster...

Milos Kostic

IMG Academy basketball invited to compete in prestigious National Prep Championship

February 26, 2014 by: john.esfeller@imgworld.com

After amassing an impressive 24-2 overall record through the 2013-14 season, the IMG Academy post-graduate basketball team will compete in the prestigious National Prep Championship at Albertus Magnus College in New Haven, Conn., Mar. 4-5. Only eight of the most elite prep school post-graduate teams in the nation are hand-picked to compete by Adam Finkelstein, ESPN national recruiting analyst and founder of New England Recruiting Report.

Tags:
IMG Academy
Basketball
National Prep Championship
Kerem Kanter
Chris McCullough
Milos Kostic
Angel Rivera
Eric Cooper Jr.
- See more at: http://www.imgacademy.com/tags/milos-ko ... wJ1QH.dpuf

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 am

Looks as if Kostic, a native Serbian, came to the US exclusively to attend American schools and to hone his basketball skills. He started in an Indiana Catholic school and did well enough to receive an offer from Northwestern University as a soph. He verbally committed to Northwestern, but transferred to another christian academy. Subsequently, when he was a senior, Northwestern withdrew his scholarship offer. It was at that point that he reclassified to the class of 2014 and moved to IMG Academy in Bradenton.

Money must not be much of a factor in his family. The literature suggests that he has a sister in the states; and his mother came over from Serbia to check out the educational programs at Northwestern and at IMG.

FWIW, IMG lists him at 6-9. I say..."Grab him! You can't teach 6-9. And this is apparently a little older guy--maybe 20 or 21 now.

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:50 am

Thanks for putting in some serious late night overtime last night Moose and 66! That IMG roster is pretty stacked with Syracuse commit/Burger Boy Chris McCullough as the headliner. His 6-8, 6-9 size suggests he'd be a low post player, but his playing style suits him more to play on the wing as a small forward or a stretch four in smaller lineups. He has pretty good handles for his size and has the ability to knock down the three. I'd love it if he committed. Bring him to Boone!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:02 am

That kind of player seems to suit the Fox.

I think I'm going to like our style of play going forward.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:38 am

asu66 wrote:Looks as if Kostic, a native Serbian, came to the US exclusively to attend American schools and to hone his basketball skills. He started in an Indiana Catholic school and did well enough to receive an offer from Northwestern University as a soph. He verbally committed to Northwestern, but transferred to another christian academy. Subsequently, when he was a senior, Northwestern withdrew his scholarship offer. It was at that point that he reclassified to the class of 2014 and moved to IMG Academy in Bradenton.

Money must not be much of a factor in his family. The literature suggests that he has a sister in the states; and his mother came over from Serbia to check out the educational programs at Northwestern and at IMG.

FWIW, IMG lists him at 6-9. I say..."Grab him! You can't teach 6-9. And this is apparently a little older guy--maybe 20 or 21 now.
Thanks CP. When I posted it was 3:30 and my eyes were heavier than I am. :D I had looked up a bit more info but was nodding off so I just left it off at what I had. I appreciate you getting the rest.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:46 pm

firemoose wrote:
asu66 wrote:Looks as if Kostic, a native Serbian, came to the US exclusively to attend American schools and to hone his basketball skills. He started in an Indiana Catholic school and did well enough to receive an offer from Northwestern University as a soph. He verbally committed to Northwestern, but transferred to another christian academy. Subsequently, when he was a senior, Northwestern withdrew his scholarship offer. It was at that point that he reclassified to the class of 2014 and moved to IMG Academy in Bradenton.

Thanks CP. When I posted it was 3:30 and my eyes were heavier than I am. :D I had looked up a bit more info but was nodding off so I just left it off at what I had. I appreciate you getting the rest.

I neglected to mention that I, too, read the comment about Kostic not being being the most athletic guy around. But I also noticed in videos dating back to his soph year of him scoring in heavy traffic with both his right and left hand--starting with his back to the basket. Thought that was a good early sign. We've had guys starting this season who still can't do that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”