Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Recruiting, 2014

firemoose
School: Appalachian State

Re: Recruiting, 2014

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 pm

From twitter reports PF Milos Kostic (6' 8" 225) of IMG Academy in Hammond, IN has committed to App. I have moved him to the Commits section of the Main Page. We also have another reported offer out for 2014. I'm working on a page right now for him.

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits
2014 IMG Academy (FL) F Milos Kostic has committed to Appalachian State.

Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits
2014 Kiski (PA) G Jake Babic has received an offer from Appalachian State. (HT @Vi_Massiah) @JBabs15

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 12, 2014 3:02 pm

As show in the twitter post on the previous page PG/SG Jake Babic (6′ 5″ 185) of Kiski Preparatory School in Saltsburg, PA, by way of Oakville, ON Canada, has received a reported offer from App. A player page with video highlights has been added to the Main Page.

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Mon May 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Fox continues to impress! Great get with Kostic. Versatile forward that probably will spend the majority of his time at the 3.

Griffin Kinney commitment post will be out tomorrow morning from me.

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Mon May 12, 2014 3:26 pm

Also, GoASU has updated their roster page and have officially removed departures (Baskin, Toney, Scott and Canty). Spagnolo and Gilbert are still listed as roster members. Did Spag get his extra year and does this mean the Gilbert rumors have been completely dismissed?

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 12, 2014 3:31 pm

AppHoops wrote:Also, GoASU has updated their roster page and have officially removed departures (Baskin, Toney, Scott and Canty). Spagnolo and Gilbert are still listed as roster members. Did Spag get his extra year and does this mean the Gilbert rumors have been completely dismissed?
Haven't heard anything new about Spag or Gilbert yet. The roster can change any day and I'm guessing here but they probably wanted to get something up and will update it when we know more. We'll see.

mtnjax

Unread post by mtnjax » Mon May 12, 2014 3:49 pm

firemoose wrote:As show in the twitter post on the previous page PG/SG Jake Babic (6′ 5″ 185) of Kiski Preparatory School in Saltsburg, PA, by way of Oakville, ON Canada, has received a reported offer from App. A player page with video highlights has been added to the Main Page.

saw this kid's highlight tape. play him at the PG spot. he's dishing passes like he's Magic Johnson

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:08 pm

mtnjax wrote:
firemoose wrote:As show in the twitter post on the previous page PG/SG Jake Babic (6′ 5″ 185) of Kiski Preparatory School in Saltsburg, PA, by way of Oakville, ON Canada, has received a reported offer from App. A player page with video highlights has been added to the Main Page.

saw this kid's highlight tape. play him at the PG spot. he's dishing passes like he's Magic Johnson
I've been looking back a bit on Twitter. We all know how accurate that can be... :D Anyway, it appears Babic has been sitting on an offer from Dartmouth for a while; and has drawn recent interest from Wofford, Elon, UNLV, Lipscomb and UC-Davis among others. I'm reading multiple and positive comments about his ball-handling, passing, outside shooting and toughness. They call him the real deal and can't fathom he's still unsigned at this late date. That doesn't leave much to the imagination but academics, character and defense. Since Dartmouth STILL wants him, let's eliminate academics as a concern. I've seen no indication of Babic causing problems anywhere he's been in any way. That leaves defense. Coach Manny Robinson may be getting a new protégé.

Here's a Canadian kid playing prep school ball in PA against dat_kid at Brewster, NH; who will soon visit App in NC for a chance to play as far south as the Sunbelt goes...AL, LA and TX. As that children's ditty goes..."It's a small world after-all..."
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Mon May 12, 2014 5:41 pm

firemoose wrote:New 2014 offer out: From reports PG Armel Potter (6′ 1″ 165) of Sprayberry High School in Kennesaw, GA has received an offer from App. I have added a player page with two video clips to the Main Page. Potter is a 24/7 3 star who is a former FAU commit. He decommitted April 18th. He has recently picked up additional offers from Winthrop, Gardner-Webb, and North Florida.
Looks like Potter will be coming here for a visit.

Patrick Throckmorton ‏@Throck37
Sprayberry (GA) High School all time leading scorer @A_Potter2 ar is taking an unofficial visit thursday to Appalachian state

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon May 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Not sure if Fox can coach yet but he has made recruiting chicken salad out well you know.

Impressed so far.

app97

Unread post by app97 » Mon May 12, 2014 9:50 pm

definitely looks like Davidson-type players, judging by the highlights videos. I can't wait to see Fox implement his system in Boone. I'm optimistic.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Mon May 12, 2014 10:17 pm

AppHoops wrote:Also, GoASU has updated their roster page and have officially removed departures (Baskin, Toney, Scott and Canty). Spagnolo and Gilbert are still listed as roster members. Did Spag get his extra year and does this mean the Gilbert rumors have been completely dismissed?
The answer may be in a recent WS Journal article that stated "Fox is awaiting final academic reports on other players and is hoping for the best." Perhaps "the best" didn't happen.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Tue May 13, 2014 7:30 am

firemoose wrote:
firemoose wrote:New 2014 offer out: From reports PG Armel Potter (6′ 1″ 165) of Sprayberry High School in Kennesaw, GA has received an offer from App. I have added a player page with two video clips to the Main Page. Potter is a 24/7 3 star who is a former FAU commit. He decommitted April 18th. He has recently picked up additional offers from Winthrop, Gardner-Webb, and North Florida.
Looks like Potter will be coming here for a visit.

Patrick Throckmorton ‏@Throck37
Sprayberry (GA) High School all time leading scorer @A_Potter2 ar is taking an unofficial visit thursday to Appalachian state
This kid has serious first step quickness. Pair him up with a couple of the Euro style wings we just landed, penetration kick out, open 3.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue May 13, 2014 5:45 pm

PG/SG Jake Babic (6′ 5″ 185) of Kiski Preparatory School in Saltsburg, PA has signed his NLI to App.

Jake Babic ‏@JBabs15
I am very proud to finally announce that I have signed my NLI to attend Appalachian State University! # mountaineer

asutrnr81

Unread post by asutrnr81 » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Kgfish wrote:
The answer may be in a recent WS Journal article that stated "Fox is awaiting final academic reports on other players and is hoping for the best." Perhaps "the best" didn't happen.
Final grades were in today for my youngest. Perhaps we'll know in a few days. Hopefully they all get what they need.
Go APPS!

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Tue May 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Here's an interesting one for everyone to chew over. NC State Track and Field freshman athlete and former Class of 2013 Marvin Ridge PG Logan Jackson (5' 11" 165) is posting that he is going to be playing basketball this year at App.

Logan Jackson ‏@LJJackson3
Well....officially going to play basketball at Appalachian State next year!!
UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS
@LJJackson3 Whaaaaaaat?????
@UCHOOPS yessir haha
UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS
@LJJackson3 Why am I the last to know???
@UCHOOPS haha it just got official today

He is listed on the NC State Track site as a sprinter (200m and 400m). He also had a 4.56 GPA coming out of Marvin Ridge. Below are some youtube clips. Walk-on with a 4.5 GPA coming out of HS. Looks like Coach Fox is pushing hard to get that APR out of the dumps quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzDk1Dj3 ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U51voO7CvRo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GiXSuJ1iMw

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed May 14, 2014 6:31 am

firemoose wrote:Here's an interesting one for everyone to chew over. NC State Track and Field freshman athlete and former Class of 2013 Marvin Ridge PG Logan Jackson (5' 11" 165) is posting that he is going to be playing basketball this year at App.

UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS
@UCHOOPS yessir haha
UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS

He is listed on the NC State Track site as a sprinter (200m and 400m). He also had a 4.56 GPA coming out of Marvin Ridge. Below are some youtube clips. Walk-on with a 4.5 GPA coming out of HS. Looks like Coach Fox is pushing hard to get that APR out of the dumps quickly.

Now will he have to sit a year or since he didn't play basketball at state, will he be ready to go this year?
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Kgfish

Unread post by Kgfish » Wed May 14, 2014 7:24 am

Don't think walk on's have to sit.
No Generation Has The Right To Contract Debts Greater Than Can Be Paid Off During It's Own Existence.

George Washington

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Wed May 14, 2014 8:02 am

Having a hard time keeping up with all this lol

So this kid is walking on? That's official right?

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Wed May 14, 2014 8:14 am

firemoose wrote:Here's an interesting one for everyone to chew over. NC State Track and Field freshman athlete and former Class of 2013 Marvin Ridge PG Logan Jackson (5' 11" 165) is posting that he is going to be playing basketball this year at App.

UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS
@UCHOOPS yessir haha
UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS

You can see why he is a sprinter. Every move the kid makes is explosive, what Mel Kiper would describe as a fast twitch muscle kinda guy. Don't know much about the level of competition but he is virtually impossible to stay in front of.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Wed May 14, 2014 9:02 am

ASUPATCH wrote:

UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS
@UCHOOPS yessir haha
UC HOOPS ‏@UCHOOPS

You can see why he is a sprinter. Every move the kid makes is explosive, what Mel Kiper would describe as a fast twitch muscle kinda guy. Don't know much about the level of competition but he is virtually impossible to stay in front of.

I was gonna say, dude looks pretty tough for a walk on PG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”