• Birthdays

Southern Miss suspends senior QB

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 976 times

Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... definitely

Wasn't the locked-in starter, but was fighting for the job.



JCline0429
Posts: 2180
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:17 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by JCline0429 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... definitely

Wasn't the locked-in starter, but was fighting for the job.
The article said he started 7 games. Our QB started none.


a.k.a JC0429

mountaineerman
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 157 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm

JCline0429 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... definitely

Wasn't the locked-in starter, but was fighting for the job.
The article said he started 7 games. Our QB started none.
Good. They are due a loss from us. Should have won the first showdown.
Last edited by mountaineerman on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.



Goapps15
Posts: 1231
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by Goapps15 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm

As somebody who was in Hattiesburg that night, that game still haunts me.



NewApp
Posts: 3834
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm
JCline0429 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... definitely

Wasn't the locked-in starter, but was fighting for the job.
The article said he started 7 games. Our QB started none.
Good. They are due a loss from us. Should have one the first showdown.
FTR, the first showdown with Southern Mississippi was in 1937 in a bowl game in Biloxi, Miss. We lost 7-0.



User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 6202
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 1103 times
Been thanked: 659 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm
JCline0429 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... definitely

Wasn't the locked-in starter, but was fighting for the job.
The article said he started 7 games. Our QB started none.
Good. They are due a loss from us. Should have one the first showdown.
FTR, the first showdown with Southern Mississippi was in 1937 in a bowl game in Biloxi, Miss. We lost 7-0.
The ONLY points scored on us the ENTIRE season. It does haunt me.


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp
Posts: 3834
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:07 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm
JCline0429 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm
T-Dog wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:56 pm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... definitely

Wasn't the locked-in starter, but was fighting for the job.
The article said he started 7 games. Our QB started none.
Good. They are due a loss from us. Should have one the first showdown.
FTR, the first showdown with Southern Mississippi was in 1937 in a bowl game in Biloxi, Miss. We lost 7-0.
The ONLY points scored on us the ENTIRE season. It does haunt me.
Our stadium's namesake was the coach. Coach Brewer went on to coach at NC State and was a gubernatorial candidate. These points were not during the regular season, you may know.



User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 6202
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 1103 times
Been thanked: 659 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:24 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:07 am
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:50 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:36 pm
JCline0429 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 pm


The article said he started 7 games. Our QB started none.
Good. They are due a loss from us. Should have one the first showdown.
FTR, the first showdown with Southern Mississippi was in 1937 in a bowl game in Biloxi, Miss. We lost 7-0.
The ONLY points scored on us the ENTIRE season. It does haunt me.
Our stadium's namesake was the coach. Coach Brewer went on to coach at NC State and was a gubernatorial candidate. These points were not during the regular season, you may know.
I should not make lite of him being a convicted felon (bid-rigging) later in his life, but when asked while having a "going-in" party what he planned to do when he left prison he replied, "peddle some influence." He had chuztpah.


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3835
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1248 times
Been thanked: 521 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 pm

A pretty good story on the quarterback we're likely to see in Boone on Sept. 15.

https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/sto ... 011909002/



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25286
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 837 times
Been thanked: 1008 times

Re: Southern Miss suspends senior QB

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:08 am

AppGrad78 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:23 pm
A pretty good story on the quarterback we're likely to see in Boone on Sept. 15.

https://www.hattiesburgamerican.com/sto ... 011909002/

12,000 passing yards and 100 TDs...pretty good numbers! :shock:


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests