Satterfield

boonetown1
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by boonetown1 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Whatever happens at whatever time, I just hope DG is here to make the next hire.



Woodstovegang
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: HICKORY
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:26 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 pm
I go reference my acquaintance with Bob McKillop at Davidson. He had multiple opportunities to leave Davidson even after his kids graduated HS. Ultimately he like the community, the school and decided how much money does one really need? Who knows maybe lightning strikes twice?
Not LIKELY................... Money Talks, and does anyone remember Sat wanted guarantee of next HC when hired back by Moore.


Image

AppSt94
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:44 am

Woodstovegang wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:26 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 pm
I go reference my acquaintance with Bob McKillop at Davidson. He had multiple opportunities to leave Davidson even after his kids graduated HS. Ultimately he like the community, the school and decided how much money does one really need? Who knows maybe lightning strikes twice?
Not LIKELY................... Money Talks, and does anyone remember Sat wanted guarantee of next HC when hired back by Moore.
Are you sure he wanted the guarantee of HC for the money? He was sent away to learn and maybe he came back wanting a promise so that he wouldn't have to leave again. Some people chase titles and not money. He has a good thing going and the job fits his easy going manner. He is not a Shawn Elliot type that gets excited. Maybe a little too excited. But I don't know if he would be comfortable with all of the external pressures from the win now fan bases of the bigger P5s. And the smaller P5s that don't care about football and are content to win 6 or 7 games a year aren't better than what he has now. None of us know what Scott and Beth have in mind for their future, and if anyone does know, then they need to keep it to their self.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 2085
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 389 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:02 am

It’s pretty much a given that as far as conference affiliation goes we are kind of stuck for a while so no matter how powerful we become as a program our ceiling is about defined. We beat stuff to death and contemplate what bowl we could or should play in and dream of at least being in the NY6 but obviously we about have to go 13-0 with wins over significantly strong P5’s to get there. Our TV market isn’t going to change so unless the NCAA and ESPN become less concerned with money we won’t be jumping to the ACC or SEC anytime soon. There are folks even on this board who speak of imminent doom when we lose what we think are irreplaceable players. Well there are always kids just as good or better waiting their turns. All that being said if Satt gets what HE thinks is a better opportunity nobody should begrudge him. If he is content to keep this train going for another 30 years, awesome. My only hope is that if he does leave we can seemlessly fill his shoes and continue to dominate.



User avatar
YesAppCan
Posts: 5529
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro
Has thanked: 780 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by YesAppCan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 am




Stonewall
Posts: 652
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 am

Enjoy the ride....



User avatar
NavyApp
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Norfolk, VA
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:24 pm

I know a lot of us think Scott to UNC could happen, gross I know. But maybe after UNC is rebuffed by the big names they think they deserve (see; delusional) they kick the tires on Seth Littrell the head coach at North Texas, fresh off their thrashing of Arkansas. Remember he was the Assistant Head Coach at UNC during their 11-5 season just a few years ago. He has turned around the Mean Green (currently 3-0), a wide open offensive coach, and familiar with the program. Now I'm not saying he is better than Satterfield bc he is not, but I'm hoping UNC bites on Littrells currently hot streak verses Satts consistent resume of program and player development.


Just food for thought.


FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppinVA
Posts: 11118
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 929 times
Been thanked: 735 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:54 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:24 pm
I know a lot of us think Scott to UNC could happen, gross I know. But maybe after UNC is rebuffed by the big names they think they deserve (see; delusional) they kick the tires on Seth Littrell the head coach at North Texas, fresh off their thrashing of Arkansas. Remember he was the Assistant Head Coach at UNC during their 11-5 season just a few years ago. He has turned around the Mean Green (currently 3-0), a wide open offensive coach, and familiar with the program. Now I'm not saying he is better than Satterfield bc he is not, but I'm hoping UNC bites on Littrells currently hot streak verses Satts consistent resume of program and player development.


Just food for thought.
They can have the UNT guy. I’m fine with that.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Longrifle28
Posts: 510
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 291 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Unc can kiss my hairy mountain a$$!!!


"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

Woodstovegang
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:02 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: HICKORY
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:33 pm

Still wondering why Peacock gave Moore the door and Sat the job in abstention. Seems the fox was in the chicken coupe. Think what Moore did for this program and the thought of not worrying of his leaving. HEAVEN.....................


Image

boonetown1
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by boonetown1 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:56 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 am
Here's the link that should work..

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sport ... 040093002/
Yeah, reading this you know Satt knows he needs to be gone in the next 3 years.



bigCasu
Posts: 5400
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:32 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 486 times
Contact:

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by bigCasu » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:51 am

This article was dated before the season and it’s taken out of context



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 990 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am

I still say offering a 15 year contract to a guy like Satt is not a bad idea. And it’s time for DG to develop a hit list of other schools big donors, put together a team of alumni in those areas and give solicitation a shot. We used to call that elephant hunting.



NewApp
Posts: 3602
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 272 times
Been thanked: 230 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am
I still say offering a 15 year contract to a guy like Satt is not a bad idea. And it’s time for DG to develop a hit list of other schools big donors, put together a team of alumni in those areas and give solicitation a shot. We used to call that elephant hunting.
Would that mean that if we gave him a fifteen year contract and had to fire him after five, we would owe him ten years salary?



AppSt94
Posts: 2379
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:01 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:30 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am
I still say offering a 15 year contract to a guy like Satt is not a bad idea. And it’s time for DG to develop a hit list of other schools big donors, put together a team of alumni in those areas and give solicitation a shot. We used to call that elephant hunting.
Would that mean that if we gave him a fifteen year contract and had to fire him after five, we would owe him ten years salary?
By the term, “had to fire” means with cause. Then probably not. It would be written into the language of the contract.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3202
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 388 times
Been thanked: 990 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:18 am

Why not take a chance with a proven winner?



Rick83
Posts: 808
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:00 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 429 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am

Speaking of North Texas..did y'all see this?!? Awesome play.




User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 5999
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 am

Rick83 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am
Speaking of North Texas..did y'all see this?!? Awesome play.

Next game he may get laid out just to make sure this does not happen.


This is my very generic signature added to each post.

appchicago
Posts: 463
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:06 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by appchicago » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:30 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 am
Rick83 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:44 am
Speaking of North Texas..did y'all see this?!? Awesome play.

Next game he may get laid out just to make sure this does not happen.
Yeah, that trick works once. But that was the game for it to work in.



User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 5999
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 982 times
Been thanked: 578 times

Re: Satterfield

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:45 pm



This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online