Yosef Donor Packages

User avatar
YesAppCan
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro
Has thanked: 909 times
Been thanked: 388 times

Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 am

I got an e-mail early last week saying we should have them by week's end... Still nothing here in Greensboro. Anybody got their Yosef sticker yet?



User avatar
scatman77
Posts: 659
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 am
Location: York, SC
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:10 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 am
I got an e-mail early last week saying we should have them by week's end... Still nothing here in Greensboro. Anybody got their Yosef sticker yet?
York, SC and still waiting on mine.


Appalachian American by birth; Mountaineer by the Grace of God!

User avatar
wb247
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:55 pm
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by wb247 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:12 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 am
I got an e-mail early last week saying we should have them by week's end... Still nothing here in Greensboro. Anybody got their Yosef sticker yet?
I got the e-mail saying it was sent on Aug 28. I don't have it yet, either.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 1085 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 am

Me either



AppinATL
Posts: 912
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Duluth, GA
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 336 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:58 pm

I got nothin’



User avatar
Lowcountry App
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:06 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Summerville, SC
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Lowcountry App » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Nothing here either.



User avatar
DaphneUrquhart
Posts: 1745
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Mayberry
Has thanked: 1353 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm

The packets with the stickers and such were to have shipped this past week. The email from Yosef on 09/11/18 indicated we should have them by the end of the week which would have been yesterday. Then there was this little hurricane that likely put a crimp in shipping schedules.

The initial delay is totally on Yosef. They know they goofed and have acknowledged as much. Knowing some of the transitions that happened this summer, I'm willing to cut them some slack this time.

The most recent delay is likely beyond anyone's control. Just hang tight.

If you're a Yosef donor with hospitality room benefits, you can still get into the Quinn with your name and a smile or with the emailed card from 09/11/18. Yosef will have a list eligible members at the door as well.

If you're waiting on your sticker for Yosef, hold on. I, too, know that it's the most coveted sticker in all of fandom and always look forward to getting mine. Many of you likely received your Yosef sticker when you made your donation. I know that my acknowledgement came with a sticker for 2018. The idea was to get those in people's hands as soon as possible. I'll see what I can do about having a stack of those at our tailgate spot (Stadium 76). You're welcome to stop by on your way to the stadium and snag one (provided I can get a bunch :D ).

Thanks to all of you who are Yosef members! I appreciate you!


Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Strive for wisdom.

#GiveYosef

BlueCreekAppFan
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:42 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by BlueCreekAppFan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 am

Thanks for the update Daphne!



User avatar
DaphneUrquhart
Posts: 1745
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Mayberry
Has thanked: 1353 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:05 am

The official word is that donor packets started going out on Thursday (9/13). Unless you're in one of the counties hardest hit by Florence, the donor packet should be in your hands this week. I'll have stickers available at my tailgate spot (Stadium 76) on Saturday.

If you're in a Florence disaster zone, I'm guessing a sticker may not be the top issue you're facing this week. Having done some clean-up post-Katrina (Alabama / Mississippi), I've had a very limited glimpse of the headache you're facing. Hang tough. Be sure to let your App Family know how best we can help.


Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Strive for wisdom.

#GiveYosef

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 1085 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:51 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:19 pm
The packets with the stickers and such were to have shipped this past week. The email from Yosef on 09/11/18 indicated we should have them by the end of the week which would have been yesterday. Then there was this little hurricane that likely put a crimp in shipping schedules.

The initial delay is totally on Yosef. They know they goofed and have acknowledged as much. Knowing some of the transitions that happened this summer, I'm willing to cut them some slack this time.

The most recent delay is likely beyond anyone's control. Just hang tight.

If you're a Yosef donor with hospitality room benefits, you can still get into the Quinn with your name and a smile or with the emailed card from 09/11/18. Yosef will have a list eligible members at the door as well.

If you're waiting on your sticker for Yosef, hold on. I, too, know that it's the most coveted sticker in all of fandom and always look forward to getting mine. Many of you likely received your Yosef sticker when you made your donation. I know that my acknowledgement came with a sticker for 2018. The idea was to get those in people's hands as soon as possible. I'll see what I can do about having a stack of those at our tailgate spot (Stadium 76). You're welcome to stop by on your way to the stadium and snag one (provided I can get a bunch :D ).

Thanks to all of you who are Yosef members! I appreciate you!
Here's the rub. I called multiple times and was told they were in route until the last communication that said they would be delivered in time for the 1st home game. When we make a mistake just say we made a mistake! We understand mistakes. BS gets people in trouble.



User avatar
DaphneUrquhart
Posts: 1745
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Mayberry
Has thanked: 1353 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:10 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:51 am
Here's the rub. I called multiple times and was told they were in route until the last communication that said they would be delivered in time for the 1st home game. When we make a mistake just say we made a mistake! We understand mistakes. BS gets people in trouble.
Agreed. This is one that I believe the person to whom you spoke likely truly believed the packets were en route. I'm guessing (total guess here) Yosef thought those had been handled before the personnel changes and found out late in the game that the order wasn't sent / submitted / completed.

At any rate, it's still great to be a Mountaineer! I can't wait for more stickers!


Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Strive for wisdom.

#GiveYosef

User avatar
GregPercussion
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by GregPercussion » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:57 am

Has anyone received theirs yet?



User avatar
87ASUgrad
Posts: 649
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 133 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 am

Nope, we have not.


Give Em Hell!!

User avatar
Chaz
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Chaz » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:08 am

I also have not. A good friend of mine just joined Yosef Club this year for the first time. They forgot to include his parking passes in his ticket book, and he had to pick up the passes in person Saturday morning. For his Yosef Club Member Card, they sent him the JPEG image of the front of the card and told him to print it off and laminate it. He's still more than happy to be part of the Yosef Club for the first time, but his entire interaction thus far has been Busch League.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 1085 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:17 am

Nope.....Time for DG to issue an apology.



User avatar
DaphneUrquhart
Posts: 1745
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Mayberry
Has thanked: 1353 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:31 am

Here's the deal as I know it today. Yosef has been calling the vendor and calling the vendor and calling the vendor responsible for distributing these donor packets. The vendor continually says "they're shipping now". The vendor is clearly the one messing this up at this point. Mark Libs at the Yosef office will continue dogging the vendor ... and will most assuredly use a different vendor henceforth.

DG doesn't need to issue an apology. No one in Yosef owes an apology. The vendor owes Yosef delivery of what they said they're doing for weeks now.

If you haven't received your 2018 sticker, please PM me with your parking spot for Saturday. I will do what I can to hand you your sticker personally and thank you for being Yosef.


Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Strive for wisdom.

#GiveYosef

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3373
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 413 times
Been thanked: 1085 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:31 am
Here's the deal as I know it today. Yosef has been calling the vendor and calling the vendor and calling the vendor responsible for distributing these donor packets. The vendor continually says "they're shipping now". The vendor is clearly the one messing this up at this point. Mark Libs at the Yosef office will continue dogging the vendor ... and will most assuredly use a different vendor henceforth.

DG doesn't need to issue an apology. No one in Yosef owes an apology. The vendor owes Yosef delivery of what they said they're doing for weeks now.

If you haven't received your 2018 sticker, please PM me with your parking spot for Saturday. I will do what I can to hand you your sticker personally and thank you for being Yosef.
Daphne
Good PR is to get in front of an issue. Yosef or the AD's dept hired the vendor. Yes an apology is warranted. Saying "Sorry it's not our fault" doesnt cut the mustard any more.



appgrad2010
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:52 am

Good grief people! Stop the whining. Life is not perfect, enjoy the ride. Mistakes happen, people sin as we are not born perfect. Think about all the people without homes or anything else due to Hurricane Florence.



User avatar
DaphneUrquhart
Posts: 1745
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Mayberry
Has thanked: 1353 times
Been thanked: 991 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:53 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:46 am
Daphne
Good PR is to get in front of an issue. Yosef or the AD's dept hired the vendor. Yes an apology is warranted. Saying "Sorry it's not our fault" doesnt cut the mustard any more.
Understood. My offer of hand delivery of Yosef stickers still stands.


Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Strive for wisdom.

#GiveYosef

Goapps15
Posts: 1181
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: Yosef Donor Packages

Unread post by Goapps15 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:04 pm

As a member of Yosef Club Advisory Board, I completely get the frustration. I actually had to pick up my parking passes last Friday since they got "lost in the shuffle."

My continued problem is the lack of communication from both the YC and the Athletic Department. Even if the mistake or problem is out of your control, communicate that with your customers and make it up to them. The overall goal should be to make it easier for your customers to do business with you.

If you ever have a problem and cannot get ahold of somebody, PM me and I will run it up the flag pole.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests