Officiating in a Win

BUTCH1991
Posts: 1138
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point
Has thanked: 515 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:41 am

Chaz wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 am
biggie wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:00 am
Chaz wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:58 am
Duck went down toward the end grabbing his leg. It seemed like he was in a lot of pain, but the broadcast went to commercial and made no mention of it when they came back.
They mentioned he walked off and showed him standing on the sidelines. May have been a cramp.
Perfect. I clearly missed that. Definitely a bullet dodged, if that's the case. Losing arguably our two best players in the same game would be a tough pill to swallow.
Duck tweeted out that he's all good.



The Rock
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 am

Chaz wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:58 am
appgrad2010 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:24 am
Bush league commentators, I was very disappointed at how bad they were. Not much enthusiasm, did not seem to know a ton about App State. Almost pronounced it wrong...it is not that difficult. Wonder what time the charter flight arrived back in Hickory? Could not find on the website that usually shows it....granted I usually count on someone to post the link.

Hopefully Jalin is not as bad as we thought pertaining to the injury. Did anyone else sustain any injuries in the game that we know of?

Also prayers to the Arkansas State Coach, did not see anyone run into him, maybe he just had a dizzy spell...I am not sure, but that was scary.

Bad camera angles by ESPN production to many not lined up at the line of scrimmage. Could be due to the set-up of Arkansas State Press Box....who knows.


It is a ALWAYS GREAT to wake up to a MOUNTAINEER VICTORY!!
Duck went down toward the end grabbing his leg. It seemed like he was in a lot of pain, but the broadcast went to commercial and made no mention of it when they came back.
The announcers said he was grabbing his knee, but it looked more like a hamstring. Hopefully it was just a cramp or slight strain if anything .
He was walking around on the sidelines afterward



appbanker
Posts: 268
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:26 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by appbanker » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am

I do have to give the announcers some credit for there comments on the waterfall. They mentioned that it lights up whenever Ark scores, but they wouldn't need the lights for this game. I think by the second half, they lost their red(wolves) colored glasses.



User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 3682
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 406 times
Been thanked: 265 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by biggie » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:00 am

The Rock wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 am
The announcers said he was grabbing his knee, but it looked more like a hamstring. Hopefully it was just a cramp or slight strain if anything .
He was walking around on the sidelines afterward
Mentioned above, he appears and tweeted that he's fine.



User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 13877
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 1013 times
Been thanked: 984 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 am

appbanker wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am
I do have to give the announcers some credit for there comments on the waterfall. They mentioned that it lights up whenever Ark scores, but they wouldn't need the lights for this game. I think by the second half, they lost their red(wolves) colored glasses.
In fairness, we didn't do anything to brag about in the first quarter. I think some of you guys look for reasons to feel slighted.



User avatar
ArmantiWaterSafety
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 am

hapapp wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 am
appbanker wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am
I do have to give the announcers some credit for there comments on the waterfall. They mentioned that it lights up whenever Ark scores, but they wouldn't need the lights for this game. I think by the second half, they lost their red(wolves) colored glasses.
In fairness, we didn't do anything to brag about in the first quarter. I think some of you guys look for reasons to feel slighted.
We didn't, but literally the first quarter was just going on and on about how undersized our team was in general, especially on defense, and how "don't get me wrong, they have athletes, but.."

Clearly biased towards stAte.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:16 am

NO.2 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am
AppOrange wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 am
Someone who knows how to do such things, needs to make a GIF of that flop so we can use it going forward. That was pathetic and he should have his man card pulled. Arky should practice actual football more and less flopping and dancing while getting nuked on national TV.
Tdog...

Tdog...

Tdog...

Image
So demanding ... maybe tonight after I report about AMB being sold and Boone town council.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

yikas1 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 am
I was amazed at the man crush the color commentator had on Ark State
Typically the announcers will gush about the home team since they've usually been treated well by them for a day or two beforehand.

Rocky Boiman, the color commentator is fine, he's done our games before. The PBP guy, I don't know.



User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 237 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by NO.2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:16 am
NO.2 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am
AppOrange wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 am
Someone who knows how to do such things, needs to make a GIF of that flop so we can use it going forward. That was pathetic and he should have his man card pulled. Arky should practice actual football more and less flopping and dancing while getting nuked on national TV.
Tdog...

Tdog...

Tdog...

Image
So demanding ... maybe tonight after I report about AMB being sold and Boone town council.
DO WHAT NOW?



SoCalApp
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by SoCalApp » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:55 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am
T-Dog wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:16 am
NO.2 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:40 am
AppOrange wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 am
Someone who knows how to do such things, needs to make a GIF of that flop so we can use it going forward. That was pathetic and he should have his man card pulled. Arky should practice actual football more and less flopping and dancing while getting nuked on national TV.
Tdog...

Tdog...

Tdog...

So demanding ... maybe tonight after I report about AMB being sold and Boone town council.
DO WHAT NOW?

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/news/am ... a4f4e.html

It's worth noting, which the article doesn't, that AB InBev (Anheuser-Busch) has a 32% stake in CBA and holds seats on their board.



AppSt94
Posts: 2762
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 597 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:13 am
hapapp wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 am
appbanker wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:21 am
I do have to give the announcers some credit for there comments on the waterfall. They mentioned that it lights up whenever Ark scores, but they wouldn't need the lights for this game. I think by the second half, they lost their red(wolves) colored glasses.
In fairness, we didn't do anything to brag about in the first quarter. I think some of you guys look for reasons to feel slighted.
We didn't, but literally the first quarter was just going on and on about how undersized our team was in general, especially on defense, and how "don't get me wrong, they have athletes, but.."

Clearly biased towards stAte.
Yes, they seem to always focus on the fact that we are undersized. As Analyst that are former players, they should know that it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the fight in the dog that matters.

But to fair to Boiman, as the game went on, he was gushing about how fast and good our LB Corp is.



User avatar
ArmantiWaterSafety
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Yes, they seem to always focus on the fact that we are undersized. As Analyst that are former players, they should know that it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the fight in the dog that matters.
But to fair to Boiman, as the game went on, he was gushing about how fast and good our LB Corp is.
True that, but I would think any analyst worth their weight would realize that we've ALWAYS been undersized and have always won with our "undersized but speedy" defense. Just annoys me a bit that they tend to mark that as a weakness when that's literally how we recruit them because it fits our scheme.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 2309
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:46 pm

My take on most “big” G5 linemen, like in the 300lb neighborhood, is that they are fat. We have always wanted guys who are faster or those that can move and don’t wear out. We have gone toe to toe with bigger lines and do just fine.



App90
Posts: 105
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:14 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by App90 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 pm



stAte Flop



97APP
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:25 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Vance County NC
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by 97APP » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:08 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:35 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Yes, they seem to always focus on the fact that we are undersized. As Analyst that are former players, they should know that it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the fight in the dog that matters.
But to fair to Boiman, as the game went on, he was gushing about how fast and good our LB Corp is.
True that, but I would think any analyst worth their weight would realize that we've ALWAYS been undersized and have always won with our "undersized but speedy" defense. Just annoys me a bit that they tend to mark that as a weakness when that's literally how we recruit them because it fits our scheme.
This is what annoys me most. We intentionally recruit speed and quickness over size. The analysts always miss that. It's our strength not the perceived weakness as the "analysts" like to claim.


Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:40 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:42 am
Someone who knows how to do such things, needs to make a GIF of that flop so we can use it going forward. That was pathetic and he should have his man card pulled. Arky should practice actual football more and less flopping and dancing while getting nuked on national TV.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 3564
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 441 times
Been thanked: 1200 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Now the important stuff....As long as I don’t detect a difference in my Boone Creek Blonde I’m ok with the sale.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 4933
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 938 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm

BTW, Chandler Greer got engaged today, so his week got better. No word on if his now-fiance flopped when she saw the ring.



Saint3333
Posts: 9679
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 906 times
Been thanked: 1182 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:15 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:59 pm
Now the important stuff....As long as I don’t detect a difference in my Boone Creek Blonde I’m ok with the sale.
So this is why HOPS was up 25% this week.



AppSt94
Posts: 2762
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 597 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: Officiating in a Win

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:24 am

T-Dog wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 pm
BTW, Chandler Greer got engaged today, so his week got better. No word on if his now-fiance flopped when she saw the ring.
Any word on which ring he gave her? Was it his Conference Champion ring or Bowl Game ring? :D



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online