Cushioned Seats

User avatar
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
Posts: 1811
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Stephens City, VA
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 688 times
Contact:

Cushioned Seats

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 am

I just received my seat assignment for next year. Wasn't able to get into 111 this year, but close in section 112. I know these seats have a back to them, but I was wondering like I've seen at other CFB venues, is there a way to purchase a cushioned seat for my season ticket seats? I think at other stadiums they are locked in to prevent theft. Any help is appreciated.


Twitter: @AST_ThomasLong

Mjohn1988
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 pm

09 your a little young to be needing a cushioned seat....just kidding...I’ve also seen these in a number of P5 stadiums....I think they could be a good upsell for the Yosef club....they would not only provide a more comfortable seat but they would make it clear that its your seat....it’s a regular event for me to have to ask folks to move over....sitting halfway in my seat....I’ve had the same two seats for about 8 years now.....if this would get picked up on by the club I would suggest that the seats be made available only after a donor has held the same seats or seat level for several years



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 4707
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm

Suggested these years ago to Cobb. Nothing ever came of it. Would be a good revenue stream for athletics.


Give 'em hell!

app73
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 pm
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by app73 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Over in 203 I see some "stadium seats" that are attached for the entire season. They are there every game. I don't know the procedure for making this happen but there must be a process in place. Maybe the ticket office or Yosef



AppDawg
Posts: 1336
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1117 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by AppDawg » Fri May 17, 2019 9:46 pm

They are scattered throughout KBS. I inquired several years ago and was told they were for corporate seats for Lowes Hardware employees and one other sponsor, I cannot recall.

I made the suggestion at the time it should be opened up to all season ticket holders as a new revenue source.



appswin1
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:58 am
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by appswin1 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:37 am

I don’t need them for the “cushion” really but I would like it. Every game I have to politely ask others to move as we have 6 seats in 111.



User avatar
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
Posts: 1811
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 2:05 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Stephens City, VA
Has thanked: 336 times
Been thanked: 688 times
Contact:

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:18 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Suggested these years ago to Cobb. Nothing ever came of it. Would be a good revenue stream for athletics.
Not a shocker. Maybe D.G. will be more open to the idea.


Twitter: @AST_ThomasLong

Appstate88
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 pm

Nothing wrong with standing the whole game.



Appster99
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat May 18, 2019 5:58 pm

I'm in 203 and there were 4 seats by me that had cushions bolted until last season. I would certainly be willing to fork out another $50 per seat per year to have a true placeholder. Been sitting with the same people on my right for years but the seats to my left have different people every game. Sometimes I have to politely point out that the guests are in my seats, like many of you do. Then I would not have to carry in a cushion to boot.



Appstate88
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:58 pm
I'm in 203 and there were 4 seats by me that had cushions bolted until last season. I would certainly be willing to fork out another $50 per seat per year to have a true placeholder. Been sitting with the same people on my right for years but the seats to my left have different people every game. Sometimes I have to politely point out that the guests are in my seats, like many of you do. Then I would not have to carry in a cushion to boot.
I’ll be joining you in 203 this year. Hoping section 203 brings it like section 112 did last year.



Appster99
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:17 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Appster99 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:58 pm
I'm in 203 and there were 4 seats by me that had cushions bolted until last season. I would certainly be willing to fork out another $50 per seat per year to have a true placeholder. Been sitting with the same people on my right for years but the seats to my left have different people every game. Sometimes I have to politely point out that the guests are in my seats, like many of you do. Then I would not have to carry in a cushion to boot.
I’ll be joining you in 203 this year. Hoping section 203 brings it like section 112 did last year.
We have a solid group of die hards in RR, SS, and TT that stay until the end.



appstate24
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:52 pm
Nothing wrong with standing the whole game.
I prefer standing the whole time, but would totally pay up for these. Like everyone else said to “reserve” our seats. Plus during pre-game and halftime it would nice. Make it happen DG! GO APPS!!



Appstate88
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 88 times
Been thanked: 378 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat May 18, 2019 9:11 pm

Appster99 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:53 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm
Appster99 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:58 pm
I'm in 203 and there were 4 seats by me that had cushions bolted until last season. I would certainly be willing to fork out another $50 per seat per year to have a true placeholder. Been sitting with the same people on my right for years but the seats to my left have different people every game. Sometimes I have to politely point out that the guests are in my seats, like many of you do. Then I would not have to carry in a cushion to boot.
I’ll be joining you in 203 this year. Hoping section 203 brings it like section 112 did last year.
We have a solid group of die hards in RR, SS, and TT that stay until the end.
That’s awesome. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Glad to join you. Nobody leaves until 0:00.



User avatar
wncapp78
Posts: 523
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Asheville
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by wncapp78 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:05 pm

I thought I remembered that these seats were offered at some point in the past. My recollection was that, with the cushion seat back having to be in front of the permanent aluminum back, you got pushed too far forward, and there was also even less leg room. But I could be hallucinating LOL



appbud
Posts: 193
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:20 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by appbud » Sun May 19, 2019 7:45 am

I seem to recall the same thing concerning the issue with leg room.



User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4387
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 353 times
Been thanked: 1361 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by Gonzo » Sun May 19, 2019 8:20 am

Two seasons ago the people directly in front of us had them. They made it difficult to bang on the back of the seat in front of me.

We stand in 111 too so I’m not crazy about these.



NewApp
Posts: 3933
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by NewApp » Mon May 20, 2019 8:14 am

Geez. You guys seem pampered. Seat cushions indeed. Just bring your own seat cushions. Good place to stuff your mini-bottles. Let's spend our money on the athletes. Only half joking.



User avatar
DaphneUrquhart
Posts: 1875
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Mayberry
Has thanked: 1528 times
Been thanked: 1218 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 am

app73 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm
Over in 203 I see some "stadium seats" that are attached for the entire season. They are there every game. I don't know the procedure for making this happen but there must be a process in place. Maybe the ticket office or Yosef
Yosef has nothing to do with those seats. As I recall, it's related to IMG and corporate sponsors.


I miss Mayberry.

#GiveYosef

User avatar
appmaj
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Kannapolis, NC
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 73 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by appmaj » Mon May 20, 2019 9:50 am

I had them two seasons ago. Didn't really like it. Pushed my knees to close to the seat in front of me.

No idea how or why they were there. Never requested them but they were there. Last year no cushions, so it worked out i guess.



NewApp
Posts: 3933
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 279 times

Re: Cushioned Seats

Unread post by NewApp » Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 8:57 am
app73 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm
Over in 203 I see some "stadium seats" that are attached for the entire season. They are there every game. I don't know the procedure for making this happen but there must be a process in place. Maybe the ticket office or Yosef
Yosef has nothing to do with those seats. As I recall, it's related to IMG and corporate sponsors.
True, but individual discretionary spending does.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 143 users online :: 4 registered, 1 hidden and 138 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: AppinVA, Apple@chin1, CheckYosef94, CoachRob and 138 guests