• Birthdays

Interesting Notes on the Offense

Cro-Magnon App
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:25 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Western South Carolina
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Fat Daddy's Barbecue in Cross Hill, SC. Out in the country right out of the beautiful settlement of Cross Hill. They got it all. Or have it at the Livestock Center out on Hwy 49 every Wednesday.



Cro-Magnon App
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:25 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Western South Carolina
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:12 pm

Fat Daddy's Barbecue in Cross Hill, SC. Out in the country right out of the beautiful settlement of Cross Hill. They got it all. Or have it at the Livestock Center out on Hwy 49 every Wednesday.



Yosefus
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:34 pm

Big Bob Gibsons in Decatur, Alabama. I am a NC born and bred but their bbq with the white sauce is unbelievable



huskie3
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:02 pm

Ray Nathan's dry rub ribs are the best. And do you believe banana pudding is side.


Bring Your A Game!

User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by NO.2 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am

I have been to a few of amazing Texas style joints in the Phoenix area that have given me a new appreciation for great brisket.

Unfortunately there is not any decent pork to be found out here.



APPRIDE
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 am

NO.2 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am
I have been to a few of amazing Texas style joints in the Phoenix area that have given me a new appreciation for great brisket.

Haven’t been to Bibs in Winston in years but yesterday had this brisket sandwich there and it went down easy! so good.

(caution, NSFW!)




Image
Attachments
2C2B4B06-BF73-4AB8-8E38-B44B1FC69D03.jpeg
2C2B4B06-BF73-4AB8-8E38-B44B1FC69D03.jpeg (56.36 KiB) Viewed 292 times



User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 665
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 167 times
Been thanked: 281 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by NO.2 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 am

APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 am
NO.2 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am
I have been to a few of amazing Texas style joints in the Phoenix area that have given me a new appreciation for great brisket.

Haven’t been to Bibs in Winston in years but yesterday had this brisket sandwich there and it went down easy! so good.

(caution, NSFW!)




Image
JD's in Rutherford College (just west of Hickory on 40) has a really good one too.

Image



APPRIDE
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 127 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by APPRIDE » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:14 am

NO.2 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 am
APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 am
NO.2 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am
I have been to a few of amazing Texas style joints in the Phoenix area that have given me a new appreciation for great brisket.

Haven’t been to Bibs in Winston in years but yesterday had this brisket sandwich there and it went down easy! so good.

(caution, NSFW!)




Image
JD's in Rutherford College (just west of Hickory on 40) has a really good one too.

Image
woah, thanks for the tip! Used to pass by there every week or so until about 2.5 years ago so that must be new since then? I read up on it here:

https://www.patricksbbqtrail.com/jds-sm ... ollege-nc/

I will def. make the trip over there!



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 1888 times
Been thanked: 765 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:42 am

huskie3 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:02 pm
Ray Nathan's dry rub ribs are the best. And do you believe banana pudding is side.
I haven't tried the ribs yet, now I will. It's a two minute drive from my house, so I hit them up for takeout a little too much.


The Appalachian State

User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 120 times
Contact:

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:36 pm

APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:14 am
NO.2 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:11 am
APPRIDE wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:26 am
NO.2 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 am
I have been to a few of amazing Texas style joints in the Phoenix area that have given me a new appreciation for great brisket.

Haven’t been to Bibs in Winston in years but yesterday had this brisket sandwich there and it went down easy! so good.

(caution, NSFW!)




Image
JD's in Rutherford College (just west of Hickory on 40) has a really good one too.

Image
woah, thanks for the tip! Used to pass by there every week or so until about 2.5 years ago so that must be new since then? I read up on it here:

https://www.patricksbbqtrail.com/jds-sm ... ollege-nc/

I will def. make the trip over there!
I can vouch for JD's - usually hit it for lunch every Thursday or Friday. Just an FYI: they are only open Thursday, Friday, & Saturdays. And try not to get there too late in the evening or they may already be out of some things. It's good stuff though and worth the detour if anywhere close to Rutherford College.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 1300 times

Re: Interesting Notes on the Offense

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Great brisket > great pork > OK pork > OK brisket



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online