• Birthdays

Happy Go For Two Day

User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 5310
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 1300 times

Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by T-Dog » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Especially to Billy Napier.





Last edited by T-Dog on Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.



AppStFan1
Posts: 961
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm

If we indeed see Louisiana again I say we have our whole crowd wear a "Go For 2" shirt and get the chant going. I am sure that would rattle Napier even more than usual. Remind him of the horrors of Kidd Brewer Stadium can bring to opponents!



kornegaylw
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:02 pm

My father is a Furman grad and growing up we watched Furman on the old Fox Sports South. I remember watching this game live. A couple years later Dad and I are at a Furman alumni fundraiser in Raleigh and Bobby Lamb was there...I had been accepted to Furman but chose to go to App. Bobby asked me why I didnt chose Furman and I told him I'd change my mind if he'd let me play RB for him....Dad spit his beer out at that one....Bobby rolled his eyes and told me to go talk to Coach Moore.



Apptrain
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by Apptrain » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:29 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm
If we indeed see Louisiana again I say we have our whole crowd wear a "Go For 2" shirt and get the chant going. I am sure that would rattle Napier even more than usual. Remind him of the horrors of Kidd Brewer Stadium can bring to opponents!
I love this idea. They come to Boone for the championship this needs to get done.



ComebackShack
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Atlanta, GA
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by ComebackShack » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:32 pm

What year did this happen?


Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/appalachian_st

User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 4981
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:52 pm

ComebackShack wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:32 pm
What year did this happen?
2002


Give 'em hell!

User avatar
TheMoody1
Posts: 6484
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:45 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greenville, SC
Has thanked: 197 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:35 pm
If we indeed see Louisiana again I say we have our whole crowd wear a "Go For 2" shirt and get the chant going. I am sure that would rattle Napier even more than usual. Remind him of the horrors of Kidd Brewer Stadium can bring to opponents!
How about "Go for 8" shirts. As in 8 straight losses. :D



User avatar
appstatealum
Posts: 1747
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte/Gastonia
Has thanked: 1888 times
Been thanked: 765 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:05 pm

This was the only game i missed while in school. My grandmother only had a few hours left to live and I drove back to Charlotte that morning. I remember listening to the game and going bananas. It was a bittersweet day that I will never forget.


The Appalachian State

AppUSMC
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:20 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 109 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by AppUSMC » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Looking at the video quality, was this game played in Kazakhstan around 1954? Good lawd how far we’ve come!



App4that
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by App4that » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Every time I watch these videos - chill bumps are followed by desire to bust through the nearest wall like I'm a Cool-Aid rep. I think they perfectly capture our football culture. Anything is possible. On any play. Never give up. We're special even if nobody's looking. Especially when nobody's looking.

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Devon Moore), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch, Marques Murrell), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

Thanks for posting, and the feels T-Dog.

EDITED: To move my fool error listing Marques as a running back and fill in a suitable replacement. Just excited :D
Last edited by App4that on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 4981
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 296 times
Been thanked: 296 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:04 pm

App4that wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Every time I watch these videos - chill bumps are followed by desire to bust through the nearest wall like I'm a Cool-Aid rep. I think they perfectly capture our football culture. Anything is possible. On any play. Never give up. We're special even if nobody's looking. Especially when nobody's looking.

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Marques Murrell), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

Thanks for posting, and the feels T-Dog.
I still yell (to myself) HIGHWAY 80!!! anytime I see the last name Bettis


Give 'em hell!

User avatar
asu66
Posts: 25750
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1028 times
Been thanked: 1280 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 pm

App4that wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Every time I watch these videos - chill bumps are followed by desire to bust through the nearest wall like I'm a Cool-Aid rep. I think they perfectly capture our football culture. Anything is possible. On any play. Never give up. We're special even if nobody's looking. Especially when nobody's looking.

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Marques Murrell), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

Thanks for posting, and the feels T-Dog.
Better not tell Marques that he was moved away from the DL. ;)
Last edited by asu66 on Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

App4that
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Happy Go For Two Day

Unread post by App4that » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:21 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:18 pm
App4that wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:03 pm
Every time I watch these videos - chill bumps are followed by desire to bust through the nearest wall like I'm a Cool-Aid rep. I think they perfectly capture our football culture. Anything is possible. On any play. Never give up. We're special even if nobody's looking. Especially when nobody's looking.

Richie and Armanti picked up that mantle and literally ran with it. How many sideline scores in the FCS era did we have as the clock rolled down to stay in a game? Last second passes of hope. Whole hosts of running backs (K Rich, Marques Murrell), receivers (Matt Cline, Dexter Jackson), incredible protection/stops/magic on ST and defense (Kerry Brown, Corey Lynch), and clutch field goals (Rausch). Too many positions, too many players and plays over the past 10 years to be grateful for and list. Every time I see these, I'm reminded to be grateful for what we have up here on the Mountain. It's truly special.

Thanks for posting, and the feels T-Dog.
Better not tell Marques that he was moved to the offense.
Whoops! Thanks for catching that! Edited the original post accordingly.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online