Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Can we now shut up about being ranked?

Apple@chin1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Can we now shut up about being ranked?

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:54 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:10 pm
Satt would’ve won this game. He understands the rivalry. Not trashing Drink. I just don’t think he understood how much this game meant to the opposition. Hopefully, he gets it now.

Also, I haven’t heard anyone mention the other GSU that we could very easily lose to in a few weeks. I think they’re a better team than the one we just lost to. My $.02.
Funny thing to say considering Satt lost this very same game last year and by a larger margin.
Completely different scenario. We win last year if Fehr and Zac play the entire game.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:55 pm

We say we would win if they both played but nobody knows that for certain, kind of like saying we win this year if not for the weather. In the end, we lost the game by a wider margin.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:28 pm

To answer the thread title...NO!

Being ranked brings the program media attention and notoriety that it would otherwise not receive. The whole point in moving to FBS, at least from my perspective, was to show that the program can compete and garner the nation's attention. App has done just that in a short period of time. Sure we got ranked in 2018 and wet the bed the same week. In 2019, App was once again ranked and stayed there for several weeks making Sun Belt history along the way as well as picking up a couple of extra national broadcasts.

Obviously, it's means more to be ranked at the end of the season but I don't see the point in downplaying the hype of being ranked during the season. I found it quite amusing to go check out several different message boards shortly after App lost on Thursday (mainly teams from NC and the SE region) and see so many threads about App. We are living rent free!!!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:01 am

t4pizza wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:14 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:10 pm
Satt would’ve won this game. He understands the rivalry. Not trashing Drink. I just don’t think he understood how much this game meant to the opposition. Hopefully, he gets it now.

Also, I haven’t heard anyone mention the other GSU that we could very easily lose to in a few weeks. I think they’re a better team than the one we just lost to. My $.02.
Funny thing to say considering Satt lost this very same game last year and by a larger margin.
Statements like that always drive me crazy. There is absolutely no way to know that with any degree of certainty. In fairness, however, we played most of the game without two of our better performers and most importantly without Zac. Bottom line, though, both Satt and Drink lost their most recent contests against GS. I think we are grasping for straws, GS just lined up and beat us on Thursday. We made it interesting and even had opportunities late to change the outcome but in the end they handled us in the trenches.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Since we’re ranked again, can we talk about it? Or have the board police locked that topic up?
Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:20 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 pm
Since we’re ranked again, can we talk about it? Or have the board police locked that topic up?
Technically the media uses the AP Poll during the year and not ranked there. However, now the CFP is what matters. Several teams ranked much lower there than people thought they would be. Showed the polls are a decent indicator of if you are going to be ranked but still way off on about 4-6 teams. I am pretty certain Oklahoma State picked up a lot of votes this week because of the fact they were in the CFP last week. I know it was not their play since they were on a bye week. LOL

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:44 pm

"Can we shut up about being ranked?"

Me:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”