Armanti's Last Game?

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Armanti's Last Game?

Unread post by appstate77 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:48 pm

Tonight the Argos close out another sub 500 season. They have drafted a couple of young and speedy receivers who have seen PT this season.
AE is possibly expendable now. His FB post earlier today said "One more game with my brothers"
He may be at the close of a fantastic football career. I'm hoping another CFL team or maybe an NFL team will pick him up. His current contract with Argos ends tonight.
He was "there" for us Thursday night. We can be there by TV tonight. He only needs 58 yards to reach a 1000 yard season. The QBs will be targeting him.
Go Mountaineer! Be the GOAT one more time!

WASU 93

Re: Armanti's Last Game?

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:16 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:48 pm
Tonight the Argos close out another sub 500 season. They have drafted a couple of young and speedy receivers who have seen PT this season.
AE is possibly expendable now. His FB post earlier today said "One more game with my brothers"
He may be at the close of a fantastic football career. I'm hoping another CFL team or maybe an NFL team will pick him up. His current contract with Argos ends tonight.
He was "there" for us Thursday night. We can be there by TV tonight. He only needs 58 yards to reach a 1000 yard season. The QBs will be targeting him.
Go Mountaineer! Be the GOAT one more time!
I would imagine that if he's done, he's done on his terms. He's in the top 15 in receptions and receiving yards and in the top 10 in the league in TD's. There's also no quit in his game. He grabbed a TD in the final minute of a game a few weeks ago for Toronto's only score in a blow out. He's really had three consecutive strong seasons and won a Grey Cup. After his stint in the NFL and being out a football for a while, he's put together a nice second career.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:12 pm

AE got the receiving yds needed to get him over 1000 for the year. He set his personal best in TD receptions with 7. If he does go out, he goes on the heels of his best year as a pro.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am

Armanti has been released by Toronto and into the CFL free agent pool. Toronto has signed a bunch of young WRs and Slotbacks so him returning there is marginal at best. Another CFL team could sign him. Or an NFL team could sign him post draft. Maybe he is ready to return to Boone and coach . Time will tell if the GOAT'S playing days are over.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:38 am
Armanti has been released by Toronto and into the CFL free agent pool. Toronto has signed a bunch of young WRs and Slotbacks so him returning there is marginal at best. Another CFL team could sign him. Or an NFL team could sign him post draft. Maybe he is ready to return to Boone and coach . Time will tell if the GOAT'S playing days are over.
If he returns to Charlotte, I have a flag football team he can play on for 9 weeks a year...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”