Eastern Carolina U

Stonewall
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 984 times
Been thanked: 650 times

Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Tuesday night comes with the opportunity to find out where we are , with the rebuild ,early in the season. I don’t see it as make or break game but a really good chance to build some momentum, and fan interest ,against a long time rival and peer. Last year we literally gave them a home court victory.Its payback time.



EastHallApp
Posts: 5365
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 2260 times
Been thanked: 1845 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Agreed, first game against a peer program. It’s just one game, but it’s a chance to put one in the W column instead of the “we were only a few plays away” refrain from the last few years.



9Steelman
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:40 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by 9Steelman » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 am

After Thursday game, I told O'Showen congratulations, first words out of his mouth "Thank You, you are coming Tuesday Night?" Something about that touch my heart!!! Note: all the players and coaches after Thursday night's win in middle of court meeting fans and family was a nice piece!! Hope to see a good crowd Tue vs ECU.



ECU
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 pm
School: East Carolina
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by ECU » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm

You guys look like you have a solid team. We got 11 new players but a couple of projected starters are out with injury including a top 5 JUCO player in the nation as well as a transfer from Virginia Tech.

We should be a lot better as a team this year eventually but we already crapped the bed vs Navy on the road and aren't playing real well right now with so many new pieces and without our best Point guards.

We got a huge team though

These are the sizes our starting lineup

7-0, 245
6-7, 235
6-7, 220
6-6, 200
6-5, 190

we play 6-7, 225 and 6-6, 215lb wings off the bench along with a 7-0, 255lb guy too.



appfan22
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Atlanta, GA
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by appfan22 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:38 pm

ECU wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm
You guys look like you have a solid team. We got 11 new players but a couple of projected starters are out with injury including a top 5 JUCO player in the nation as well as a transfer from Virginia Tech.

We should be a lot better as a team this year eventually but we already crapped the bed vs Navy on the road and aren't playing real well right now with so many new pieces and without our best Point guards.

We got a huge team though

These are the sizes our starting lineup

7-0, 245
6-7, 235
6-7, 220
6-6, 200
6-5, 190

we play 6-7, 225 and 6-6, 215lb wings off the bench along with a 7-0, 255lb guy too.
Our defensive identity started to take shape towards the end of our game against Michigan. You will see some fronting and baseline traps on your bigs and an aggressive pack-line defense. We have some speed to get out in transition, so it will be interesting to see if your size can get up and down the floor. We lack size at the 5, but we can throw a few lineups out there where we are over 6'5 at the 2-5. This is where our fronting and traps in the post come into play. Should be an intriguing matchup!



ECU
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 pm
School: East Carolina
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by ECU » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:33 pm

appfan22 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:38 pm
ECU wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm
You guys look like you have a solid team. We got 11 new players but a couple of projected starters are out with injury including a top 5 JUCO player in the nation as well as a transfer from Virginia Tech.

We should be a lot better as a team this year eventually but we already crapped the bed vs Navy on the road and aren't playing real well right now with so many new pieces and without our best Point guards.

We got a huge team though

These are the sizes our starting lineup

7-0, 245
6-7, 235
6-7, 220
6-6, 200
6-5, 190

we play 6-7, 225 and 6-6, 215lb wings off the bench along with a 7-0, 255lb guy too.
Our defensive identity started to take shape towards the end of our game against Michigan. You will see some fronting and baseline traps on your bigs and an aggressive pack-line defense. We have some speed to get out in transition, so it will be interesting to see if your size can get up and down the floor. We lack size at the 5, but we can throw a few lineups out there where we are over 6'5 at the 2-5. This is where our fronting and traps in the post come into play. Should be an intriguing matchup!
I don't really worry about any of our players athletically, they look the part. The shooting is the bigger question if the 3's will go down at a respectable clip. The 7 footer we start is highly athletic and runs like a 6-5 guy and is a pogo stick around the basket but he can't shoot outside of 5 feet.

Image

That really caused a lot of problems vs Navy with the space for the PF Gardner who is our best player they doubled off both 7 footers onto him. He had 22 points and 11 rebounds against you last year and went to the line 19 times. He really needs that space to work in. Hopefully they will go smaller or let the other 7 footer who is a good 3 point shooter space out.



appfan22
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Atlanta, GA
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by appfan22 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:13 pm

ECU wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:33 pm
appfan22 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:38 pm
ECU wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm
You guys look like you have a solid team. We got 11 new players but a couple of projected starters are out with injury including a top 5 JUCO player in the nation as well as a transfer from Virginia Tech.

We should be a lot better as a team this year eventually but we already crapped the bed vs Navy on the road and aren't playing real well right now with so many new pieces and without our best Point guards.

We got a huge team though

These are the sizes our starting lineup

7-0, 245
6-7, 235
6-7, 220
6-6, 200
6-5, 190

we play 6-7, 225 and 6-6, 215lb wings off the bench along with a 7-0, 255lb guy too.
Our defensive identity started to take shape towards the end of our game against Michigan. You will see some fronting and baseline traps on your bigs and an aggressive pack-line defense. We have some speed to get out in transition, so it will be interesting to see if your size can get up and down the floor. We lack size at the 5, but we can throw a few lineups out there where we are over 6'5 at the 2-5. This is where our fronting and traps in the post come into play. Should be an intriguing matchup!
I don't really worry about any of our players athletically, they look the part. The shooting is the bigger question if the 3's will go down at a respectable clip. The 7 footer we start is highly athletic and runs like a 6-5 guy and is a pogo stick around the basket but he can't shoot outside of 5 feet.

Image

That really caused a lot of problems vs Navy with the space for the PF Gardner who is our best player they doubled off both 7 footers onto him. He had 22 points and 11 rebounds against you last year and went to the line 19 times. He really needs that space to work in. Hopefully they will go smaller or let the other 7 footer who is a good 3 point shooter space out.
That FT performance by Gardner last year is a big reason you all got the W. It was tough to watch as an opposing fan, but as a basketball fan I appreciated a Freshman big man knocking down clutch free throw after clutch free throw in a "rivalry" game.



BooneKarate
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by BooneKarate » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm

9Steelman wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:24 am
After Thursday game, I told O'Showen congratulations, first words out of his mouth "Thank You, you are coming Tuesday Night?" Something about that touch my heart!!! Note: all the players and coaches after Thursday night's win in middle of court meeting fans and family was a nice piece!! Hope to see a good crowd Tue vs ECU.
An amazing response from O. Excited to see how the boys do tonight. I have a lot of faith after the Michigan game myself. Kerns for the win!



User avatar
bettysburner
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by bettysburner » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with the commentary on the ESPN stream?



Appstate88
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:13 pm

They only have one working headset.



Appstate88
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Now both headsets are working. Would be nice to hear some crowd noise.
App leads 14-9 at second commercial break.



User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:43 pm

App leading 28-21, under 3:00 1H


"Sports talk's most decent producer" on ESPN Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 14356
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 1406 times
Been thanked: 1306 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:46 pm

After a 9-0 start and a 14-4 lead, Apps lead is 28-27.



User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Halftime App 31 - ECU 27

Delph 5/9 with 14. Nobody else has more than 4.

Team 47.8 FG%, 46.2 3PT%, 7 turnovers, 18 rebounds


"Sports talk's most decent producer" on ESPN Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Appstate88
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:59 pm

Good hustle. Good rebounding.



Appstate88
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:38 pm

Tight game.



Overcashed
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:30 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Overcashed » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Big possession there to make this a 2 score game. Let's go App!



app97
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 113 times
Been thanked: 121 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by app97 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:54 pm

Both of these teams look a good bit better than they were last year. Our guys want it though. I love the fight, especially on defense and rebounding from this group. There were a couple of freshman mistakes early, but this team has the potential to be very balanced compared to our recent teams.



Appstate88
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 242 times
Been thanked: 522 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:02 pm

Down goes EZU.

Apps 68-62



User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 1170
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Eastern Carolina U

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:02 pm

OUTSTANDING WIN. This is a game we would've folded and lost by 10 the last couple of years.


"Sports talk's most decent producer" on ESPN Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Basketball”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 48 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests