NEZ work today

User avatar
PhillyApp
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by PhillyApp » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:31 am
PhillyApp, I'm not a big fan of the patio idea. I agree that extending the seats further down would make more sense. Seems to me that it's a wasted opportunity. I have no idea what future plans might be considered in this design though.
Me either Yosef84. Seems like something UNC would do....put in a “social gathering spot” as opposed to putting in seats so people can watch a football game. Not a big fan, but just like everyone else here, I’m along for the ride to see where it goes!


Clark for Prez 2020 💪🏼

JPatH3292
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Yosef club just tweeted out renderings of the patio. For some reason it won’t let me post the pictures here but noticeably absent from the renderings are those columns...




Saint3333
Posts: 10247
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1224 times
Been thanked: 1606 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:19 pm

Two questions:
- where are the columns?
- do you need umbrellas under the stands?



AppDawg
Posts: 1426
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:19 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1206 times
Been thanked: 496 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppDawg » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:06 pm

Looks like a perfect place for Yosef Club Room.

Was disheartened several weeks ago when I heard on the Mountain that was not in the cards.



User avatar
EMCasu04
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:14 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by EMCasu04 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:54 am

JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm
Yosef club just tweeted out renderings of the patio. For some reason it won’t let me post the pictures here but noticeably absent from the renderings are those columns...

What fresh hell is this? Patio seating with umbrellas...this rendering doesn't jibe at all with KBS/football culture. Are we trying to be more wine-y and cheese-y?


TIGMA
Twitter: @emcannon

User avatar
App91
Posts: 3459
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 340 times
Been thanked: 258 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by App91 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:51 am

Like the idea of a beer garden like ODU has.



ASU1234
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by ASU1234 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 am

JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm
Yosef club just tweeted out renderings of the patio. For some reason it won’t let me post the pictures here but noticeably absent from the renderings are those columns...

So if I am reading this correctly.....the "field level social space" is only available for NEZ ticket holders. Wouldn't this create a terrible look during the game. If on a nice day the majority of the NEZ folks are down at the patio/bar, then the actual stands/seats will look nearly empty, and vice versa if everyone is in their seats the field level patio would look empty! Am I missing something there?!?!?



AppSt94
Posts: 4208
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 1738 times
Been thanked: 1146 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:31 am

ASU1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 am
JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm
Yosef club just tweeted out renderings of the patio. For some reason it won’t let me post the pictures here but noticeably absent from the renderings are those columns...

So if I am reading this correctly.....the "field level social space" is only available for NEZ ticket holders. Wouldn't this create a terrible look during the game. If on a nice day the majority of the NEZ folks are down at the patio/bar, then the actual stands/seats will look nearly empty, and vice versa if everyone is in their seats the field level patio would look empty! Am I missing something there?!?!?
What would be your solution?



User avatar
PhillyApp
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Has thanked: 377 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by PhillyApp » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 am

ASU1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 am
JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm
Yosef club just tweeted out renderings of the patio. For some reason it won’t let me post the pictures here but noticeably absent from the renderings are those columns...

So if I am reading this correctly.....the "field level social space" is only available for NEZ ticket holders. Wouldn't this create a terrible look during the game. If on a nice day the majority of the NEZ folks are down at the patio/bar, then the actual stands/seats will look nearly empty, and vice versa if everyone is in their seats the field level patio would look empty! Am I missing something there?!?!?
This is exactly how UNC’s endzone looked during our game there last year. Their fans were inside wining and dining as opposed to watching a football game. Even at the end, their endzone wasn’t filled like you’d hope for the home team. Not a fan of this idea at all. Sounds like we ran out of money and are half@$$ing this project, IMO.


Clark for Prez 2020 💪🏼

huskie3
Posts: 3714
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 255 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:29 am

I think the patio is for pregame mingling. It seems to be an incentive to sell the rest of the seats.

A beer garden is more appropriate for Miller hill.


Bring Your A Game!

ASU1234
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by ASU1234 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:43 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:31 am
ASU1234 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:59 am
JPatH3292 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm
Yosef club just tweeted out renderings of the patio. For some reason it won’t let me post the pictures here but noticeably absent from the renderings are those columns...

So if I am reading this correctly.....the "field level social space" is only available for NEZ ticket holders. Wouldn't this create a terrible look during the game. If on a nice day the majority of the NEZ folks are down at the patio/bar, then the actual stands/seats will look nearly empty, and vice versa if everyone is in their seats the field level patio would look empty! Am I missing something there?!?!?
What would be your solution?
Obviously the NEZ ticket holder would still have full access (seat, field patio, and inside club), but maybe you could you sell a couple hundred field level patio ONLY tickets on a game by game basis. Maybe there are fans currently purchasing seats on the hill that would pay a premium price for a better "seat" and experience. Since in the rendering they had it divided up in two sections (split by entrance behind goal post), you could easily make one side for NEZ tickets and the other for the premium single game passes if they wanted them separated.

As someone else mentioned the similar setup at UNC (they were inside club instead of seats), which looked empty....so just throwing out thoughts and suggestions as we pass the time at home!



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 26042
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1172 times
Been thanked: 1389 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 pm

If that *totally* Mickey Mouse patio rendering came from the NEZ architects or from Learfield/IMG, they should be summarily fired for cause and posthaste. That's embarrassing! Completely unworthy of bearing the "Appalachian" mark!


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 281 times
Been thanked: 592 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:47 pm

asu66 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 pm
If that *totally* Mickey Mouse patio rendering came from the NEZ architects or from Learfield/IMG, they should be summarily fired for cause and posthaste. That's embarrassing! Completely unworthy of bearing the "Appalachian" mark!
Why would a broadcast rights company be making renderings on behalf of an architect?


"Sports talk's most decent producer" on ESPN Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

User avatar
ShagNC
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by ShagNC » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:53 pm

L O L those renderings look TERRIBLE.


GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 710
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 197 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 pm

I feel like we are definitely winging this aspect of the NEZ facility at this point...



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3963
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1726 times
Been thanked: 683 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:30 pm

Can we hold off on the whine-fest until we see the finished product? I recall a certain someone --well, actually it was me -- who described the initial NEZ rendering as "unimpressive." I regret that now. It's anything but. This is a two-phase project. Once it's all finished, I'm betting we'll have something to be proud of.



User avatar
wncapp78
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:37 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Asheville
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 187 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by wncapp78 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 pm

I went to the heart-breaking 52-45 loss at Monroe in 2017. They had some patio/lounge area in one end zone, with cute umbrellas and cocktail tables. It was the worst. But this rendering might give it a run for the money.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 185 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 184 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: AppSt80 and 184 guests