• Birthdays

FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Appstate88
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 600 times

FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 am

This is what a real football school does when you have a football game on a weekday night. Cancel class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... onship.amp

We could learn from this when it comes to Thursday Night games with stink.



Mjohn1988
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 92 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:18 pm

I think the students had to pitch a fit to make it happen
Last edited by Mjohn1988 on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.



NewApp
Posts: 4926
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 456 times
Been thanked: 441 times
Contact:

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 am
This is what a real football school does when you have a football game on a weekday night. Cancel class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... onship.amp

We could learn from this when it comes to Thursday Night games with stink.

If we ever make it to the National Championship, I hope we cancel classes.



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 4812
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 704 times
Been thanked: 1891 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:22 pm

You think anyone would show up to class Tuesday anyway?



User avatar
VNova
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by VNova » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:38 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:59 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 am
This is what a real football school does when you have a football game on a weekday night. Cancel class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... onship.amp

We could learn from this when it comes to Thursday Night games with stink.

If we ever make it to the National Championship, I hope we cancel classes.
The key set of words right here. I would rather the GaSo game get moved back to a Saturday, preferably during rivalry week.



Appstate88
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 600 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:55 pm

VNova wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:38 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:59 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 am
This is what a real football school does when you have a football game on a weekday night. Cancel class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... onship.amp

We could learn from this when it comes to Thursday Night games with stink.

If we ever make it to the National Championship, I hope we cancel classes.
The key set of words right here. I would rather the GaSo game get moved back to a Saturday, preferably during rivalry week.
Amen!



mike87
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:55 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:26 pm

We should. But it's not the same.



NewApp
Posts: 4926
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 456 times
Been thanked: 441 times
Contact:

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:17 pm

VNova wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:38 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:59 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 am
This is what a real football school does when you have a football game on a weekday night. Cancel class.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnew ... onship.amp

We could learn from this when it comes to Thursday Night games with stink.

If we ever make it to the National Championship, I hope we cancel classes.
The key set of words right here. I would rather the GaSo game get moved back to a Saturday, preferably during rivalry week.
I was joking, but I don't believe playing Georgia Southern is a reason to cancel classes. Puts undeserved importance on them.



AppinVA
Posts: 11828
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1534 times
Been thanked: 1385 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:26 pm

Nice of us to let them play the National Championship in the New Orleans Bowl.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

User avatar
VNova
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: San Diego
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by VNova » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:53 pm

LSU up 42-25 in the fourth quarter. Fun fact: if LSU pulls off the win, it'll be the first time in the CFP era that a #1 team going into the game wins the national championship.



Appstate88
Posts: 1427
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 277 times
Been thanked: 600 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:05 am

Just wish the BoD was allowed to play as much as these Tiger bands.



User avatar
wb247
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:55 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by wb247 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:21 am

I never needed anyone to tell me when my classes were canceled. I could make that decision on my own just fine...



ericsaid
Posts: 1295
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 266 times

Re: FBS National Championship - LSU cancels class

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:24 am

wb247 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:21 am
I never needed anyone to tell me when my classes were canceled. I could make that decision on my own just fine...
I once showed up to an 8 AM class and had biked across campus in the rain after a long night out...only to find out 10 minutes after class started that the professor was cancelling class.

Needless to say, I never had an 8 AM class again and didn't go out anymore on weeknights. Problem solved doubly.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests

    Most users ever online was 1551 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:31 pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests