Johnny Jennings

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Johnny Jennings

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed May 20, 2020 5:50 pm

Hall of Fame linebacker, new Police Chief in Charlotte .

appdaze

Re: Johnny Jennings

Unread post by appdaze » Wed May 20, 2020 7:21 pm

That's a name I've only read about because of the records he holds. He has to be well in to his 50's right? According to his bio that's 28 years on the force. That's a nice cherry on top for his career.

https://police.appstate.edu/apdp Had no clue we were the only ones that did this training.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:23 am

appdaze wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 7:21 pm
That's a name I've only read about because of the records he holds. He has to be well in to his 50's right? According to his bio that's 28 years on the force. That's a nice cherry on top for his career.

https://police.appstate.edu/apdp Had no clue we were the only ones that did this training.
Johnny graduated in 1991 (around 51 years old) with a degree in Criminal Justice. Johnny is a GREAT man and I'm so happy he will be the new police chief. I've seen him throughout his career at Panther football games and App State football games. We used to play basketball on the 1st court at the Quinn Center. It was like trying to push a mountain. I was skinny then. We were in a lot of the same classes too.

AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

APPChad90

Unread post by APPChad90 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Also very happy for JJ. Share many of the same memories and experiences as does AppSt89. Another memory of JJ is he was always the lead guy for the security detail whenever Tiger Woods played in the Wells Fargo Tournament. He is very deserving and will continue making us all proud.

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:07 am

I really hope Jennings brings a massive cultural shift this September when he assumes the role of Chief of CMPD. I have nothing but "Mountaineer excellence" to support a prediction that he will. He's been a party to CMPD's horrific culture for a long time.

Last night CMPD hearded a large group of 100% law-abiding and peaceful protesters up fourth street. Another line of riot police stopped them at the intersection ahead. All four directions were blocked, two by firing lines of riot troopers, the other two by a building and a parking deck. Troopers were lying in wait in that parking deck. Once all avenue's of escape were cut off and without issuing a disperse warning they fired tear gas (illegal under international law for excessive cruelty), rubber bullets, and pepper balls. It was documented on video here:

To make matters worse, CMPD's twitter account tweeted lies about the incident (that they were attacked first and that they issued disperse orders prior to firing into the crowd), and actually got into a petty argument on twitter with Morgan Fogarty of WCCB, Brett Baldeck of Fox, and Jeff Jackson a sitting State Senator when they were called out for their unprovoked ambush and misinformation campaign.

There is very clearly a pervasive cultural issue at CMPD. I'm happy an App legend is getting a chance to right some wrongs, but how could any internal hire not buy into the same destructive philosophy?

Hoping for the best, preparing or the worst. Go Apps

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”