Tranfer Portal Additions

ASU843
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:10 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by ASU843 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:35 pm

How are our transfer portal players doing so far?

311neers
Posts: 3686
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1538 times
Been thanked: 1091 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by 311neers » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:46 am

ASU843 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:35 pm
How are our transfer portal players doing so far?
We would be in a world of hurt without them. Most are seeing solid reps and playing time. Can't think of one that hasnt contributed outside of maybe the younger ones (Ridolph and the Tulane guy). But those were depth and player development adds anyway.

Kelly, Funderburk, Collins, Fletcher, T Davis...the defense portal guys are contributing all over the field. Great adds.

AppSt94
Posts: 9991
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 6603 times
Been thanked: 4149 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:53 am

Jackson is contributing at WR and Haywood is proving to be a valuable add given the injuries to the RB corps.

Yosef10
Posts: 1750
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 322 times
Been thanked: 687 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:03 am

Know this is year 2 but I’m glad we have Andrew Parker as well. I think transferring “down” from an SEC school is a bit tougher mentally than we all might assume. He, and the rest of the transfers, really seem to have embraced App.

BUTCH1991
Posts: 2136
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point
Has thanked: 1463 times
Been thanked: 800 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:36 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:03 am
Know this is year 2 but I’m glad we have Andrew Parker as well. I think transferring “down” from an SEC school is a bit tougher mentally than we all might assume. He, and the rest of the transfers, really seem to have embraced App.
Great tweet from Parker yesterday about how the decision to transfer to App was one of the best decisions he's ever made.

Black Saturday
Posts: 10464
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 938 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:01 pm

The good thing about this transfer portal is that you can get players that otherwise have been led to believe they are too good to sniff our program coming out of high school on their way back to earth for playing time.
BLACK SATURDAY

Mjohn1988
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 292 times
Been thanked: 1314 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:16 pm

At our level and maybe at every level, you will get very good in the portal or you will get left behind.

app97
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 304 times
Been thanked: 313 times

Re: Tranfer Portal Additions

Unread post by app97 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:24 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:36 am
Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:03 am
Know this is year 2 but I’m glad we have Andrew Parker as well. I think transferring “down” from an SEC school is a bit tougher mentally than we all might assume. He, and the rest of the transfers, really seem to have embraced App.
Great tweet from Parker yesterday about how the decision to transfer to App was one of the best decisions he's ever made.
I was thinking during the ECU game about how fortunate we are to have picked up Parker. He has the motor, sideline to sideline ability, and intensity that we need. We always seem to have at least one or two of those types in our LB corps. He fits the bill.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”