Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jalin Moore Waived

NavyApp
School: Appalachian State

Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed May 06, 2020 9:14 am

In the Wake of the Jets signing the ageless Frank Gore our guy Jalin Moore has been waived. Personally I didn't care for him being on the Jets just because they are hot mess from top to bottom. Hoping some team with a viable opportunity for playing time picks him up.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Yosef84

Re: Jalin Moore Waived

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:20 am

I hope Jalin has completely healed from his injury and is ready to show some lucky team exactly what he has to offer. I believe he could be a huge asset to the team who will give him a fair shot!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Wed May 06, 2020 8:13 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... or-season/

If he is really done for the season, that is probably his career. He turns 25 in November and has spent almost his whole NFL career injured. Doubtful any team will give him much of a chance after this at his age.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu May 07, 2020 11:56 am

appdaze wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 8:13 pm
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... or-season/

If he is really done for the season, that is probably his career. He turns 25 in November and has spent almost his whole NFL career injured. Doubtful any team will give him much of a chance after this at his age.
This is not really a shock and you could be right. This really adds up to what I was hinting at before the draft. The injury was much worse than originally said. I don't know if Moore's camp just kept it under wraps or if it has not healed like they hoped but the word from people I know was that his medical tests came back bad. Many teams took him off their board completely worried about his status. Apparently he has chronic issues so even if he does play again the risk is high so it would not be long.

This is sad to see. When he pulled out of Mobile and then did not work out at the combine or pro day without doing anything last year I figured the injury was really bad and many doctors would not ever clear him. Prayers go up for him.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/5/ ... for-season

A number of articles are saying that hes probably out of chances to play now. Granted most of those articles are just copying the same source but if you miss two straight seasons you just need to take what money you have and call it a day. Here is his contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-je ... ore-29504/

Looks like 2 years got him a little over a mil. I don't know how much hes had to spend on medical and how much the team spent, but hopefully hes got some of that left. He's a Shelby boy so it wouldn't surprise me to see him around whenever hes officially done.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri May 08, 2020 12:23 pm

appdaze wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 9:54 am
https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/5/ ... for-season

A number of articles are saying that hes probably out of chances to play now. Granted most of those articles are just copying the same source but if you miss two straight seasons you just need to take what money you have and call it a day. Here is his contract.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-je ... ore-29504/

Looks like 2 years got him a little over a mil. I don't know how much hes had to spend on medical and how much the team spent, but hopefully hes got some of that left. He's a Shelby boy so it wouldn't surprise me to see him around whenever hes officially done.
Exactly. Hopefully he has some of it. Squeezing one more year is not worth permanent damage that puts you on crutches one day.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri May 08, 2020 1:53 pm

I haven't heard much about Jalin since the Jets picked him up. Does anyone know if this is a new injury, or has he just never been able to get all the way back from the original one?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:37 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:53 pm
I haven't heard much about Jalin since the Jets picked him up. Does anyone know if this is a new injury, or has he just never been able to get all the way back from the original one?
Last I heard it was the same injury. His medical results given to NFL teams came back very bad from the few people I could gather info from. All teams are different so I would not go all the way to say he may be done but based on what those people gave me I wondered. It looks like he may be. Hated to see it. Jalin had talent and could have played a while if he stayed healthy.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:10 pm

Maybe if/when he gets healthy, he can catch on in Canada.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:10 pm
I have heard that may never happen. If he is healthy enough to play he is good enough to play in the NFL. If he is looking up north in the next year or so it is because NFL doctors advised him his career is over and then I would hope he does not pop up in Canada. I sure hope he gets healthy because he is a good one. I just fear based on what we are seeing and what I heard before that his career, sadly, may be over. Praying it is not. He has a good degree though and I'm sure he will be successful on whatever path he chooses.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:38 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:54 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:10 pm
I have heard that may never happen. If he is healthy enough to play he is good enough to play in the NFL. If he is looking up north in the next year or so it is because NFL doctors advised him his career is over and then I would hope he does not pop up in Canada. I sure hope he gets healthy because he is a good one. I just fear based on what we are seeing and what I heard before that his career, sadly, may be over. Praying it is not. He has a good degree though and I'm sure he will be successful on whatever path he chooses.
That sucks. That man truly “Gave His ALL for Appalachian State.”
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:27 am

I talked to Jalin today. He is still working and hoping for NFL. He feels fine. it's the doctors that are saying otherwise. Problem is the teams will rely on the doctors 100% of the time. He's still hopeful, but understands what is happening. He had scouts telling him late second round at the latest before his injury so teams are still keeping an eye. He just has to prove his "I feel fine" is worth a shot in a camp for a team.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:27 am
I talked to Jalin today. He is still working and hoping for NFL. He feels fine. it's the doctors that are saying otherwise. Problem is the teams will rely on the doctors 100% of the time. He's still hopeful, but understands what is happening. He had scouts telling him late second round at the latest before his injury so teams are still keeping an eye. He just has to prove his "I feel fine" is worth a shot in a camp for a team.
Glad to see he is still trying. I also fear his career may be done because of the doctors not wanting to risk it with him. The injury was brutal.

I will correct and say that NFL team scouts could not be the ones telling him 2nd round, if healthy. If he was rated that high then someone would have drafted him between rounds 5-7. He was a day 3 guy who most likely was going 5-6, if healthy. Very few agents tell their players the real deal truth on their stock and most likely his agent told him 2nd or 3rd round.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Saw on Twitter he had to give up football. Sad.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:03 pm

biggie wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 pm
Saw on Twitter he had to give up football. Sad.
Extremely sad. Dude literally gave his all for Appalachian State!
Last edited by AppStateNews on Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:05 pm

All time favorite. Hope he does great things in life .

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:57 am

mountaineerman wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:05 pm
All time favorite. Hope he does great things in life .

Personally don't have an all time favorite because there have been so many stars who gave their all for App and even more unsung heroes. Jalin is certainly one of those way up at the top.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:10 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/je ... r-BB17iGzK

Apparently he has made it official. I hate if for Jalin. He was a gamer that had talent but injuries got the best of him. Hopefully he can proceed into coaching or other profession that can fully utilize his talents. He should be able to be successful in any endeavor he chooses.
Last edited by AtlAppMan on Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:12 pm

Fine young man. Articulate, grounded, and very positive. He will be successful in whatever he chooses to do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Apps in the Pros”