Re: Cignetti

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:05 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:04 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:56 pm
AppFan11 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:48 pm
Yea Pittsburgh is definitely NE…. time will tell.
Don't say that to anyone from "The Burgh"

They consider themselves midwestern
I hate the Penguins.
That’s the five time Stanley Cup Champion Penguins.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:21 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:05 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

I hate the Penguins.
As a Bolts fan. The only team that I despise more is the Bruins.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:49 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:21 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:05 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

I hate the Penguins.
As a Bolts fan. The only team that I despise more is the Bruins.
Everybody hates the Penguins. I like being able to use my black and gold as a multi-tasker.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:16 pm
Chadwell makes 3.5 million a year, he will be smart on his next move, like wait for Penn State, etc. Must double his salary for him to leave I would imagine.

Cignetti to Syracuse - not sure he fits the SEC although he worked at Alabama under Saban.

Drinkwitz to Texas A & M is going to be the move of the year.
Drink to A&M makes solid sense. Not sure I can see Chadwell to Penn State. Seems more like an SEC guy.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:27 pm

falcoapp wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:57 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:40 pm
AppFan11 wrote:
Maybe I don’t know what you mean by NE. But neither Pittsburgh nor WV are in the Northeast or New England.

Pittsburgh and WV are considered mid-Atlantic or the Rust Belt. They don't share many qualities with the NE at all.
I've always said the Midwest starts just west of the Susquehanna River in the middle of PA.

Pittsburgh and WV (as well as Buffalo) culturally are very much the Midwest.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:11 am

Would be very surprised to see him stay another year.

Let's assume/hope they beat Coastal this week. 11-1 is a record many coaches at any level will never achieve. He can easily put that and last season success on a resume and show he has the ability to find success even when challenged and in a short amount of time. Does that mean it will happen for certain at his next school? No..But it's all about selling yourself.

Not going to let his screw the NCAA hype talks on t.v. lead me to believe he is all about JMU and wants to stay there forever. I'm thinking he already has offers presented, possibly even accepted one, and it will announce either after this weekends game, or if they're able to make a bowl by way of not enough eligible teams (Don't think legislation or waiver are happening) it will come out after he coaches the team in the bowl game.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:18 am

AppDub wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Chadwell makes 3.5 million a year, he will be smart on his next move, like wait for Penn State, etc. Must double his salary for him to leave I would imagine.

Cignetti to Syracuse - not sure he fits the SEC although he worked at Alabama under Saban.

Drink to A&M makes solid sense. Not sure I can see Chadwell to Penn State. Seems more like an SEC guy.
As far as fan expectations how does Missouri rate versus A&M? I'd say A&M is farther up the delusional scale. They have proven that you can't buy wins or championships. While I'm sure Missouri expects to be good the intelligent segment of their fan base probably is ecstatic with a 9-3 season and a nice bowl. Drink would certainly get paid as they appear to print money out there in Aggie land.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:24 am

AppDub wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

I didn't mean Penn State exactly - but I figure a job in the same class as Penn State or a Florida that he can get since both programs are Luke warm currently and he can double pay and win instantly at both places. Chadwell would be nuts to leave 3.4 million for Miss State --- he can go undefeated at Liberty about every year until a top 10 jobs calls him.

Clark to UNC in 2024 after 11 wins next season in Boone. Mack setting the table for him.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:40 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:24 am
AppDub wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

I didn't mean Penn State exactly - but I figure a job in the same class as Penn State or a Florida that he can get since both programs are Luke warm currently and he can double pay and win instantly at both places. Chadwell would be nuts to leave 3.4 million for Miss State --- he can go undefeated at Liberty about every year until a top 10 jobs calls him.

Clark to UNC in 2024 after 11 wins next season in Boone. Mack setting the table for him.
All fair points except Clark to UNC as I am certain you were just trying to get the convo flowing and the Clark haters riled up. It would be fun to watch all those high brow latte drinkers over there cringe every time he spit on the sidelines though.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:43 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:11 am

Let's assume/hope they beat Coastal this week. 11-1 is a record many coaches at any level will never achieve. He can easily put that and last season success on a resume and show he has the ability to find success even when challenged and in a short amount of time. Does that mean it will happen for certain at his next school? No..But it's all about selling yourself.

Not going to let his screw the NCAA hype talks on t.v. lead me to believe he is all about JMU and wants to stay there forever. I'm thinking he already has offers presented, possibly even accepted one, and it will announce either after this weekends game, or if they're able to make a bowl by way of not enough eligible teams (Don't think legislation or waiver are happening) it will come out after he coaches the team in the bowl game.
At 62 years old and being paid near the bottom rung of the SBC, I could see JMU bumping his pay substantially this year and hanging onto him for a little while longer more than him leaving this year. Not sure the right job for him is out there at this moment.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:20 am

AppDub wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:43 am

At 62 years old and being paid near the bottom rung of the SBC, I could see JMU bumping his pay substantially this year and hanging onto him for a little while longer more than him leaving this year. Not sure the right job for him is out there at this moment.
There will be many openings next month at schools that can pay more than JMU offers even with a contract restructure, and that have realistic expectations for their new coach. He might attract some of his players to even transfer with him.

If wanting to prove he can officially win a Sun Belt title and make a bowl game with guys he recruited to JMU is his desire, I don't fault him for that, but banking on continued success and/or the right/better offer is a dangerous game to play especially if offers are already coming in due to recent and past success.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:31 am

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:20 am
AppDub wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:43 am

There will be many openings next month at schools that can pay more than JMU offers even with a contract restructure, and that have realistic expectations for their new coach. He might attract some of his players to even transfer with him.

If wanting to prove he can officially win a Sun Belt title and make a bowl game with guys he recruited to JMU is his desire, I don't fault him for that, but banking on continued success and/or the right/better offer is a dangerous game to play especially if offers are already coming in due to recent and past success.
All depends on what he is looking for and what the search committees are looking for in their search. The decision of a 62 year old man and a university's decision on hiring a 62 year old man looks a little different than when a 45 or even 55 year old coach is involved. Personally I hope he goes and takes half the team with him. Will be interesting to watch how it unfolds.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:22 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:24 am
AppDub wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Are you trying to make me 🤮🤮🤮🤮

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:28 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:02 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:23 pm
AppFan11 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:14 pm
He’s a NE guy…. could easily see him at Syracuse…. Will Chadwell go to Miss St Sumrall from Troy should be going somewhere too.
Miss State is a tough job, but Chadwell excels at Juco recruiting and runs an offense that gets a lot out of average players. So maybe he ends up in Starkville. Just don’t know how his gigantic ego would be able to handle being the tiniest fish in that conference…even below Lavender Billy.
I’ve brought it up in this board before, but Mississippi State is a good football program. They have had bad years, but for over the last decade they have been consistently good. However, they have the unenviable position of sharing a division with LSU and Alabama. But Miss State isn’t close to the tiniest fish in the SEC. That would belong to Vanderbilt with Arkansas, South Carolina, and Florida rounding out the bottom.
Am I arguing to demand that you respect Miss State as a mid-tier SEC school? Yes.
You're insane if you think Florida is rounding out the bottom of the SEC. Even with some down years they are no where close to the bottom. They have 3 National titles in the past 30 years and more SEC titles than many schools combined. Schools still get up and get excited to beat Florida, nobody sees them as an easy win (well, may Georgia does now). Florida is a top flight SEC program

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:34 am

AppSt94 wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppFan11 wrote:

I hate the Penguins.
Come on Man - I love the Penguins - the Movie MADAGASCAR they are great - "Smile and wave boys, smile and wave" :D
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:39 am

Cignetti makes $677,311. Clark makes $925,020..... So who's getting bang for their buck? Cignetti is gone from JMU. 62 years old so why wouldn't he go make some bank for the last 4 or 5 years of his career... Unless they restructure his contract he has no real reason to stay ... Unless he truly is a JMU homer and has no ambition for money.
These numbers obtained from USA Today coaches salary database.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:08 am

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:28 am
MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:02 pm
Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:23 pm
AppFan11 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:14 pm
He’s a NE guy…. could easily see him at Syracuse…. Will Chadwell go to Miss St Sumrall from Troy should be going somewhere too.
Miss State is a tough job, but Chadwell excels at Juco recruiting and runs an offense that gets a lot out of average players. So maybe he ends up in Starkville. Just don’t know how his gigantic ego would be able to handle being the tiniest fish in that conference…even below Lavender Billy.
I’ve brought it up in this board before, but Mississippi State is a good football program. They have had bad years, but for over the last decade they have been consistently good. However, they have the unenviable position of sharing a division with LSU and Alabama. But Miss State isn’t close to the tiniest fish in the SEC. That would belong to Vanderbilt with Arkansas, South Carolina, and Florida rounding out the bottom.
Am I arguing to demand that you respect Miss State as a mid-tier SEC school? Yes.
You're insane if you think Florida is rounding out the bottom of the SEC. Even with some down years they are no where close to the bottom. They have 3 National titles in the past 30 years and more SEC titles than many schools combined. Schools still get up and get excited to beat Florida, nobody sees them as an easy win (well, may Georgia does now). Florida is a top flight SEC program
You’re right that Florida isn’t at the bottom. I should’ve said Kentucky. While Florida has had huge success in the past, they’ve been a mid-level SEC team for the last 10 years. Look at records since 2012 and Florida is right there in the middle with Miss State, Auburn, Ole Miss, etc.
I will also say that with Mike Leach’s passing and the weird Zach Arnett situation, Miss State is in danger of going into the wilderness.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:12 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:39 am
Cignetti makes $677,311. Clark makes $925,020..... So who's getting bang for their buck? Cignetti is gone from JMU. 62 years old so why wouldn't he go make some bank for the last 4 or 5 years of his career... Unless they restructure his contract he has no real reason to stay ... Unless he truly is a JMU homer and has no ambition for money.
These numbers obtained from USA Today coaches salary database.
Yep, I looked at those numbers too. Not saying he won't leave, just saying that I could see them increasing his comp package to hang on to him a bit ittle longer as he waits for the right. Not every decision is about money at his age. Surely is a factor.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:14 am

Watched his post game presser. He did well and gave us a good bit of credit. One of the folks brought up the last play and he answered the question with honesty and integrity. Said that the officials have a tough job and that there must be substantial evidence to overturn the call. He can easily quadruple his salary without even going to a really major program. Once Nebraska figures out that they have a fraudulent coach and he gets yet another bag of buyout they might look east.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:17 am

I wonder if Elko leaves, if Duke would be an option.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”