Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pruitt Gone at Tennessee

ASU3432Mi
School: Appalachian State

Re: Pruitt Gone at Tennessee

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:11 am

Since UT is apparently not keeping Kevin Steele, according to his contract they must pay him about $900,000 for about 2 weeks work.
Last edited by ASU3432Mi on Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:11 am
Since UT is apparently not keeping Kevin Steele, according to his contact they must pay him about $900,000 for about 2 weeks work.
What a bizarre couple of weeks. From a hiring freeze on the football staff, to randomly hiring Steele for an unspecified position, to paying him 900k to go away. BIZARRE.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:02 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Since UT is apparently not keeping Kevin Steele, according to his contact they must pay him about $900,000 for about 2 weeks work.
What a bizarre couple of weeks. From a hiring freeze on the football staff, to randomly hiring Steele for an unspecified position, to paying him 900k to go away. BIZARRE.
If I didn't know better, I would say this looks like some sort of shady payoff. I have no background or insider info, it's just fishy as hell.
Give 'em hell!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:10 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:02 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:49 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
If I didn't know better, I would say this looks like some sort of shady payoff. I have no background or insider info, it's just fishy as hell.
Knoxville has been as odoriferous as a shad factory for quite some time now. Some may tell you this is the smell of progress, but we all know it's just rotten fish.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:52 pm

I think Auburn still owes him $4 mil.

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 am

Wasn't sure if to give this its own thread or just bump in here, but I'm hearing from UCF sources that it's down to a list of 6 or 7 finalists for AD. We have our interim AD who isn't on that list and I'd think is still getting some consideration but this makes me think it'll be an external hire.

Among the 6 or 7 names, I've heard 5, with Doug Gillin being one of them. The other 4 include 3 more sitting G5 ADs and one of Oklahoma's associate ADs. Supposedly, one of the last 2 names still not fully revealed is a surprisingly splashy candidate for the job. I'd hate to leave y'all in an AD hunt of your own but definitely seems like your AD is a good one.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:14 pm

citroknight wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 am
Wasn't sure if to give this its own thread or just bump in here, but I'm hearing from UCF sources that it's down to a list of 6 or 7 finalists for AD. We have our interim AD who isn't on that list and I'd think is still getting some consideration but this makes me think it'll be an external hire.

Among the 6 or 7 names, I've heard 5, with Doug Gillin being one of them. The other 4 include 3 more sitting G5 ADs and one of Oklahoma's associate ADs. Supposedly, one of the last 2 names still not fully revealed is a surprisingly splashy candidate for the job. I'd hate to leave y'all in an AD hunt of your own but definitely seems like your AD is a good one.
He's a great one.. and you can't have him!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:27 pm

citroknight wrote:

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:46 pm

citroknight wrote:

Honestly, Gillin is trash. He's been terrible here, made no good hires. Y'all should just move on to the next candidate, you don't want these kinds of problems.
Give 'em hell!

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:40 am

Potentially an announcement by the end of the weekend. Gillin apparently is a top contender but we may go with the mystery P5 candidate, who seems to be Jim Sterk, the Mizzou AD. General consensus among the UCF fan base around Sterk is underwhelmed and disappointed. Hoping it's not him. Nothing particularly great in his track record and seems like an old school low energy guy. The anti Danny White basically. We feel like he's just here to collect bigger paychecks until retirement. Our current university president, who is still relatively new to us, came from being the Chancellor at Mizzou. So if he does pick Stern, this reeks of a good ole boy network hire.

appbanker

Unread post by appbanker » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:57 am

citroknight wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:40 am
Potentially an announcement by the end of the weekend. Gillin apparently is a top contender but we may go with the mystery P5 candidate, who seems to be Jim Sterk, the Mizzou AD. General consensus among the UCF fan base around Sterk is underwhelmed and disappointed. Hoping it's not him. Nothing particularly great in his track record and seems like an old school low energy guy. The anti Danny White basically. We feel like he's just here to collect bigger paychecks until retirement. Our current university president, who is still relatively new to us, came from being the Chancellor at Mizzou. So if he does pick Stern, this reeks of a good ole boy network hire.
Doug Gillen was at Mizzou before coming to App

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 am

appbanker wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:57 am
citroknight wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:40 am
Doug Gillen was at Mizzou before coming to App
This is true but Gillen's time did not coincide with Dr. Cartwright's time at Mizzou but Sterk's did.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:26 pm

Seemingly good news for both of our fan bases!

Jim Sterk is out of the running. We're down to 3 finalists. And Gillin isn't one of them. It's the Buffalo AD, a second mystery P5 AD who's better than Sterk, and a third unknown.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:54 pm

citroknight wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:26 pm
Seemingly good news for both of our fan bases!

Jim Sterk is out of the running. We're down to 3 finalists. And Gillin isn't one of them. It's the Buffalo AD, a second mystery P5 AD who's better than Sterk, and a third unknown.
Glad you aren’t getting DG, but good luck with the search. For obvious reasons, a huge hire for you guys.
Give 'em hell!

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 am

We're almost done finally!

Our guy seems to be the person I called the third unknown candidate, Terry Mohajir from Arkansas State. Beat out the Buffalo AD and our 2nd mystery P5 AD, the Auburn AD.

Still negotiating with him but probably will expect a done deal and announcement either today or tomorrow. He definitely looks like a good one. Has brought in some good hires and has excelled at fundraising at Arky State. Always a concern when considering P5 ADs or associate ADs, are they ready for the reality of fundraising and resources at the G5 level?

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:14 pm

citroknight wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 am
We're almost done finally!

Our guy seems to be the person I called the third unknown candidate, Terry Mohajir from Arkansas State. Beat out the Buffalo AD and our 2nd mystery P5 AD, the Auburn AD.

Still negotiating with him but probably will expect a done deal and announcement either today or tomorrow. He definitely looks like a good one. Has brought in some good hires and has excelled at fundraising at Arky State. Always a concern when considering P5 ADs or associate ADs, are they ready for the reality of fundraising and resources at the G5 level?
Maybe he'll bring the brickmaster Butch Jones with him!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:50 pm

It has been my impression from reading the Sun Belt board that a lot of Arkansas St. fans are not particularly fond of Mohajir.

citroknight

Unread post by citroknight » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:22 am

appst89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:50 pm
It has been my impression from reading the Sun Belt board that a lot of Arkansas St. fans are not particularly fond of Mohajir.
I've definitely seen a split reaction online. Some are grateful for all he's done and others are ready for someone new.

From an outsider's perspective, he brings the fundraising skills and fire that I like. What I was most afraid of was settling for an empty suit that would mostly just maintain and cash their checks.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:44 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:50 pm
As if he and his family needed additional valid reasons to leave beautiful NE Arkansas.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”