Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC loves Hubert!

asu66
School: Appalachian State

UNC loves Hubert!

Unread post by asu66 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm

UNC takes HubertD in the world's worst-kept secret!!!
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Re: UNC loves Hubert!

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:30 pm

asu66 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm
UNC takes HubertD in the world's worst-kept secret!!!
Who is HubertD?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:34 pm

Never mind. As much as I hate Google, I had to search it on Yahoo. Hubert Davis video. Big smile.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:18 pm

I hope he does well. The fraternities of coaches, past colleagues at ESPN and past teammates have nothing but great things to say about him. Be great to see a good guy do well.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:18 pm
I hope he does well. The fraternities of coaches, past colleagues at ESPN and past teammates have nothing but great things to say about him. Be great to see a good guy do well.
Who cares!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:47 pm

Not a Carolina fan but I have always liked Hubert - when he was on GameDay he was one of the funniest guys I have heard - he was really the only choice and I am happy for him -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm

pop5app wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:34 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Who cares!
Thanks for participating Karen. You get a participation trophy 🏆
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:19 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
While he does seem like a nice guy, I got a better idea. The tar holes tank and it sets the program back at least a decade. Nice guy Hubert gets paid handsomely along the way. It’s a win-win.

Screw the heels,

GO APPS!!

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:54 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:34 pm
Never mind. As much as I hate Google, I had to search it on Yahoo. Hubert Davis video. Big smile.
I have to ask what is your problem with Google? I use it hundreds at times a day with no issues and love it. Just curious as you always seem inclined to mention your disdain for it.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 pm

In an alternate universe , Buzz stays in Boone ,builds us into a power then gets his dream job. Coulda happened.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:01 pm
pop5app wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Who cares!
I’ll be a Karen too why is this topic even on our sight??

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:14 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:04 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Who cares!
Typical this time of year. Come August we will all be back to arguing and discussing who should start QB for App.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:19 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:14 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Who cares!
Typical this time of year. Come August we will all be back to arguing and discussing who should start QB for App.
Interesting topics limited until the fall. We can always comment on the many NewApp threads that mention deaths of obscure celebrities or old athletes, concerts or other breaking news that those of us without internet access may not be aware of. Sorry man just joking around.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:31 am

mountaineerman wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
pop5app wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Who cares!
For the umpteenth time. This thread is for "Other Schools' Athletics". That's why it's on our site (not sight). If you don't want to discuss other schools athletics or anything else that doesn't pertain to App sports then don't visit this or the other thread topics. It's that simple. This is news and it's worth talking about, whatever the season. Some of us just like to talk sports, whoever and whatever it may be about.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:59 am

My wife grew up as a big time college basketball fan and mostly pulled for Carolina as her family were big Tarheel basketball fans.
In 1992, she was in college and she attended an ACC All-stars game at UNC-G and they had an autograph session after the game for a designated amount of time. We actually came across her program from that game when we cleaned out her mother's house a couple of years ago. She was getting autographs from many of the players and Christian Laettner had her program and had literally started his signature with his pen on the page, you can actually see a ballpoint pen mark next to his picture, then the buzzer sounded signaling the end of the autograph session and he literally dropped his pen, stood up without saying anything and walked off.
She then spotted Hubert Davis walking away and ran over to him and said that her mother was a HUGE Carolina fan and would never forgive her if she didn't get his autograph and picture. He gave her a huge smile and said, "well we can't have that can we?" He not only signed her book but had a picture taken with her and chatted with her a bit even though the autograph session was over. She's been a Hubert Davis fan ever since.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am

appstate24 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:19 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
While he does seem like a nice guy, I got a better idea. The tar holes tank and it sets the program back at least a decade. Nice guy Hubert gets paid handsomely along the way. It’s a win-win.

Screw the heels,

GO APPS!!
Also UNC gets its comeuppance for defrauding hundreds of athletes from a real education in order to make millions, but Hubert D comes off clean while the architects of the scheme, Dean Smith and Roy Williams and various administrators have their reputation deservedly tarnished.

If only we lived in a just world.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:24 am
appstate24 wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:

Screw the heels,

GO APPS!!
Also UNC gets its comeuppance for defrauding hundreds of athletes from a real education in order to make millions, but Hubert D comes off clean while the architects of the scheme, Dean Smith and Roy Williams and various administrators have their reputation deservedly tarnished.

Do you really want all the classes/majors that App Athletes have taken to be audited? Every time an adviser pointed them to an easy class/major? Every class that had a coach teaching it and was a "rocks for jocks" class? And once again it was a major that many students, non athletes included, took.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:41 am

appgrouch wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
appstate24 wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:

Screw the heels,

GO APPS!!

Do you really want all the classes/majors that App Athletes have taken to be audited? Every time an adviser pointed them to an easy class/major? Every class that had a coach teaching it and was a "rocks for jocks" class? And once again it was a major that many students, non athletes included, took.
yes if App has systemically set up no show paper only classes/majors where our student athletes only attend a small percentage of actual classes and do no physical work in order for coaches/athletic department officials to exploit them for millions of $$$ while not giving them the benefit (re: education) in exchange for their unpaid labor, I want it rooted out, even if it means the death penalty. I actually prefer the student athlete part, not just the athlete part.

Theres a big difference between "easy" majors and the largest instance of academic fraud perpetuated by UNC.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:44 am

appgrouch wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
appstate24 wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:

Screw the heels,

GO APPS!!

I do. It would be absolutely nothing in comparison to what happened at UNC.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:59 am

appgrouch wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
appstate24 wrote:
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:

Screw the heels,

GO APPS!!

At least they were real classes. UNC-CHeat had decades of completely fictitious classes. They perpetrated the largest academic fraud in the history of college sports and got nothing for it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”