Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Marshall - 2021 Men’s Soccer National Champs

asu66
School: Appalachian State

Re: Marshall - 2021 Men’s Soccer National Champs

Unread post by asu66 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:13 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:25 am
asu66 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:39 am
NewApp wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:52 pm
beav910 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:27 am
Man that stings. Should have never cut soccer.

I agree about cutting soccer but we didn't exactly cut soccer until it was announced we didn't have an actual field or use of one any more.
Where did you get that information? It certainly didn't come from any official App State source. It's completely inaccurate. App no longer has an on-campus soccer pitch, but does have its own pitch located within the Ted Mackorell Soccer Complex at 574 Brookshire Road near the city limits east of downtown Boone and near the Chevrolet, GMC, Buick & Cadillac dealership (formerly Mack Brown Motors).

In no way was the ASU Men's Soccer Program dropped for the lack of a facility to play/practice in. Where do you think the ASU Women's Soccer Program calls home? The ASU Soccer Stadium seats 1,000 comfortably, has a modern press facility complete with broadband\fiber optic connectivity to stream game videocasts live over AppVision and has a new field house providing locker and dressing facilities for both the ASU Women's team and formerly for the ASU Men's team. The pitch also provides multiple paved parking areas.

The men's program was among a long list of budget cuts activated for insufficient funding
directly or indirectly caused by the 2020-2021 novel Coronavirus Pandemic.
I don’t fully understand, but this SEEMS to be much ado about nothing since you say we already have a soccer field of some sort. So I can quit worrying about when and if we have one at the old Watauga High grounds. All we basically need is a soccer TEAM not a field. Not being sarcastic.
For the record, sometimes I can't distinguish between your sarcasm and your legit naiveté...but here's the deal as I understand it.

A soccer pitch isn't presently planned for the 105 Project (to my knowledge). It may happen someday, but I seriously doubt it will happen in our lifetimes. The AstroTurf playing surface was just replaced at the university's Ted Mack pitch in the summer of '19. It should be good for another 10 years since it will support only one team's activities. 2028-30 would likely be the next decision point--unless the much spoken of/rumored/dreaded "Inflation Storm" drags our nation's and our region's economy down until our entire athletic program has to be shuttered.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:13 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:25 am
asu66 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:39 am
NewApp wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:52 pm
beav910 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:27 am
Man that stings. Should have never cut soccer.

I agree about cutting soccer but we didn't exactly cut soccer until it was announced we didn't have an actual field or use of one any more.
Where did you get that information? It certainly didn't come from any official App State source. It's completely inaccurate. App no longer has an on-campus soccer pitch, but does have its own pitch located within the Ted Mackorell Soccer Complex at 574 Brookshire Road near the city limits east of downtown Boone and near the Chevrolet, GMC, Buick & Cadillac dealership (formerly Mack Brown Motors).

In no way was the ASU Men's Soccer Program dropped for the lack of a facility to play/practice in. Where do you think the ASU Women's Soccer Program calls home? The ASU Soccer Stadium seats 1,000 comfortably, has a modern press facility complete with broadband\fiber optic connectivity to stream game videocasts live over AppVision and has a new field house providing locker and dressing facilities for both the ASU Women's team and formerly for the ASU Men's team. The pitch also provides multiple paved parking areas.

The men's program was among a long list of budget cuts activated for insufficient funding
directly or indirectly caused by the 2020-2021 novel Coronavirus Pandemic.
I don’t fully understand, but this SEEMS to be much ado about nothing since you say we already have a soccer field of some sort. So I can quit worrying about when and if we have one at the old Watauga High grounds. All we basically need is a soccer TEAM not a field. Not being sarcastic.
For the record, sometimes I can't distinguish between your sarcasm and your legit naiveté...but here's the deal as I understand it.

A soccer pitch isn't presently planned for the 105 Project (to my knowledge). It may happen someday, but I seriously doubt it will happen in our lifetimes. The AstroTurf playing surface was just replaced at the university's Ted Mack pitch in the summer of '19. It should be good for another 10 years since it will support only one team's activities. 2028-30 would likely be the next decision point--unless the much spoken of/rumored/dreaded "Inflation Storm" drags our nation's and our region's economy down until our entire athletic program has to be shuttered.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:14 pm

Is there any word on bringing Mens' Soccer back now that the Sun Belt is bringing in Marshall, JMU, Southern Miss and Old Dominion (as well as bringing in Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, UCF and FIU).

Everyone's saying this is shaping up to be the premiere soccer conference. Seems like a good time to maybe think about restarting the program and being a part of that party.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:03 pm

I would give some small bit of money to see this happen. App has a proud history even if a bit ago and forgotten by some.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:35 pm

I would love to see soccer come back. I have developed a greater interest in soccer over the last few years. I would definitely attend games when the Mountaineers play against teams here in the Triangle and would try to get to Boone when I can. It's a fun sport to watch.
WE ARE YOSEF!

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Still not able to fully fund any of our Olympic sports teams. Don't think Soccer will be back anytime soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”