Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU Softball

appstate24
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU Softball

Unread post by appstate24 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:23 pm

Seems like a good time for this...

JMU?

Screw ‘em! :lol:

GO APPS!!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:29 am

I think the real problem for someone here is that JMU is the talk of the town on ESPN. They are taking on the best in the nation and winning. I am no JMU fan but it looks to me that as a total athletic program they know exactly what they are doing. I smell jealously in the air. I wonder if AE thought he was playing " Little League".

goapps

Unread post by goapps » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:12 am

bcoach wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:29 am
I think the real problem for someone here is that JMU is the talk of the town on ESPN. They are taking on the best in the nation and winning. I am no JMU fan but it looks to me that as a total athletic program they know exactly what they are doing. I smell jealously in the air. I wonder if AE thought he was playing " Little League".
"I wonder is AE thought he was playing "Little League" Boom!
I used to defend FCS when we were in that division so I would feel a bit hypocritical about bashing them now.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:47 am

goapps wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:12 am
bcoach wrote:
"I wonder is AE thought he was playing "Little League" Boom!
I used to defend FCS when we were in that division so I would feel a bit hypocritical about bashing them now.
It’s pretty clear from watching, the FCS now, isn’t what it used to be. With App & Southern gone, as well as a few others. Not to mention the emergence of some teams who jumped straight into FBS. The FCS lacks the power it had in the past. Outside of JMU, NDSU, and maybe one or two others, the rest are pretty average or worse.
I won’t bash the FCS, because our FCS years were a blast, but IMOP it ain’t what it used to be. I wouldn’t even think of trading spots with JMU right now.

GO APPS!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:50 am

bcoach wrote:
Anyone can take one trip around the town of Harrisonburg to see that the athletic program and university as a whole are doing something right. Similar to you, no JMU fan, but real recognize real... they're doing big things.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 am

Didn’t we play NAIA or something like that way back until the early 70’s. I’m sure that, for what it was worth there were some good teams and games played and we probably thought it was good football but now that level is really small. FCS was great during the playoff years and we had some awesome teams and games. The playoffs were thrilling. I agree, outside of about maybe 6 schools it’s really not close to what it was.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 am

There is no doubt that JMU is building a nice program. My question is whether they can sustain it? They currently derive almost 80% of their total athletic revenue from student fees. I don't think that model is sustainable going forward.

I'm not implying that we are much different, but our subsidy is about 58% right now.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:18 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 am
Didn’t we play NAIA or something like that way back until the early 70’s. I’m sure that, for what it was worth there were some good teams and games played and we probably thought it was good football but now that level is really small. FCS was great during the playoff years and we had some awesome teams and games. The playoffs were thrilling. I agree, outside of about maybe 6 schools it’s really not close to what it was.
Larry Hand played when we were NAIA who spent several years as lineman for the Detroit Lions.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:53 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:18 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:03 am
Larry Hand played when we were NAIA who spent several years as lineman for the Detroit Lions.
If you ever see Larry Hand's trading card on display at App State that is a donation from me. I gave it to David Jackson and was hoping to meet Larry but was not able to arrange a meeting. I hope David did not lose the card before he had a chance to get it to whomever maintains those sorts of things. I handed the card off to David before a football game some years ago.

Larry was the OG GOAT for App.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”