• Birthdays

SEC and "vaccination motivation"

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: SEC and "vaccination motivation"

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:24 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:33 pm
The man who killed books just flew into space on a rocket shaped like a d**k.
That’s because he was compensating for his ex wife taking his in the divorce.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:37 pm

I want to see a football game you need to get the jab…

The axe grinding is and has always had two sides.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:47 pm

All I have to add is this:

I’d bet a significant amount of money that at some point this coming season, some player on some team will test positive and it will disrupt an upcoming game (whether the player sits, contact tracing causes multiple players to sit, a game is postponed or moved, or an outright cancellation). When that happens, the public likely won’t know whether said player was vaccinated or not. As we all know, even those who are vaccinated can still contract the virus. 100% of players on the team could be vaccinated and there still be positives.

So leave your jump to conclusions mat in the closet for a day or two. Don’t rush to judgement and cast the player as selfish, or ignorant, or as a “trumper”. As we’ve all been told a million times on this board, we should never judge a player. We don’t know the circumstances. They could have a perfectly viable reason for not being vaccinated, or they could be vaccinated and still get it.

I know that there will be someone who starts it. I don’t know who, but but someone will. I’d prefer we head off the judgement before it happens.

Give 'em hell!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:59 pm

" jump to conclusions mat"
Ahhh - OFFICE SPACE ---

It is similar to injuries and training - teams should do all they can to guard against injuries and training for health issues and as well they should do all they can to cut down the possibilities of covid

"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:47 pm
I’d bet a significant amount of money that at some point this coming season, some player on some team will test positive and it will disrupt an upcoming game (whether the player sits, contact tracing causes multiple players to sit, a game is postponed or moved, or an outright cancellation).
The NCAA does not require athletes, coaches and other staff working closely with a team to be tested for Covid-19 if they are fully vaccinated and showing no symptoms. Those who are not vaccinated must be tested at NCAA championships.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/n-c ... 9-n1272450

If we have every player vaccinated we can put this distraction away for good. Coaches have been saying stuff like this for a month now.

Read the OP and other articles about SEC leadership’s understanding of the NCAA rules and the outright strong-arming they’re doing to compel the vaccination of all SEC Football players. In a Deep South conference where vaccine trust is at its lowest.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:08 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:47 pm
I’d bet a significant amount of money that at some point this coming season, some player on some team will test positive and it will disrupt an upcoming game (whether the player sits, contact tracing causes multiple players to sit, a game is postponed or moved, or an outright cancellation).
The NCAA does not require athletes, coaches and other staff working closely with a team to be tested for Covid-19 if they are fully vaccinated and showing no symptoms. Those who are not vaccinated must be tested at NCAA championships.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/n-c ... 9-n1272450

If we have every player vaccinated we can put this distraction away for good. Coaches have been saying stuff like this for a month now.

Read the OP and other articles about SEC leadership’s understanding of the NCAA rules and the outright strong-arming they’re doing to compel the vaccination of all SEC Football players. In a Deep South conference where vaccine trust is at its lowest.
Like I said, it could be an instance where the player(s) or staff are vaccinated and still contracted the virus. There have been 6000 reported “breakthrough” cases so far (with minimal to no symptoms present), and entirely possible that the number is higher (due to that minimal/no symptoms part). Don’t blame a player when it happens.

Give 'em hell!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:33 pm

6,000? Over 150 million Americans are fully vaccinated.

We’re talking ~150 humans: players, coaches, support. That’s shark attack, lightning strike odds if you also consider the fact that the NCAA doesn’t require testing for the Vaxxed and symptomless. Even among the 6k (your number, I didn’t check) those are apparently almost all mild or symptomless cases. If we had a break through case with symptoms, no one else would be tested unless themselves developed symptoms. No contact tracing. Contained.

The big swinging Elon Musk rockets of the football world are compelling vaccination. Millions and millions of dollars hinge on SEC football. NCSU Baseball defined the rules clearly and they get it. We’ve gotta keep up.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:33 pm
6,000? Over 150 million Americans are fully vaccinated.

We’re talking ~150 humans: players, coaches, support. That’s shark attack, lightning strike odds if you also consider the fact that the NCAA doesn’t require testing for the Vaxxed and symptomless. Even among the 6k (your number, I didn’t check) those are apparently almost all mild or symptomless cases. If we had a break through case with symptoms, no one else would be tested unless themselves developed symptoms. No contact tracing. Contained.

The big swinging Elon Musk rockets of the football world are compelling vaccination. Millions and millions of dollars hence on SEC football. NCSU Baseball defined the rules clearly and they get it. We’ve gotta keep up.
I’m not arguing for or against the vaccination. I myself am fully vaccinated (and have been since late March). I’m just asking people to hold off on crucifying a player before knowing the background.

And my original post didn’t just reference App, it was looking at CFB as a whole, hence the “some player from some team”. 200 players and staff times 200+ teams and the numbers start to approach “drown in a pool” levels. Not overly likely, but not out of the realm of possibility.

Give 'em hell!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:43 pm

If something happens and a player/s get covid and aren't vaccinated we shouldn't even have an idea who it is and totally agree that they shouldn't be personally attacked!!!

"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:48 pm

Actually personally attacking a player on Twitter or otherwise is never appropriate. Of course. But if there are unvaccinated players on a team and that team has their dream crushed because of it, it will be their fault and only their fault.

Right now we are at the preventative stage. I hope our leadership understands things the same way the big boys of CFB (not to mention 21st centrally medicine) clearly understands them.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:27 pm

All I know is I would hate to be the unvaccinated player that derails the season and undoes the work of the majority of the team that is vaccinated. If there are problems in the locker room it won’t be because of the vaccinated- it will be on the players that didn’t do everything in their power to keep the season alive.

If we were at a 100 percent vaccination level we wouldn’t even have to get tested as per Gonzos post. Anyone who doesn’t get vaccinated at this point is not a team player and frankly should not be allowed to play the season in my opinion.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm

It is all about controlling what you can control. We can control any negative test results IF we have all of our players, coaches, staff fully vaccinated. It is simply just one less thing to worry about. Honestly, I would rather sit all non vaccinated players and play with the guys that are vaccinated. That way, there is not weekly stress/worry about what the results will be and what effect that may have on the team.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:32 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:21 pm
It is all about controlling what you can control. We can control any negative test results IF we have all of our players, coaches, staff fully vaccinated. It is simply just one less thing to worry about. Honestly, I would rather sit all non vaccinated players and play with the guys that are vaccinated. That way, there is not weekly stress/worry about what the results will be and what effect that may have on the team.
Wholeheartedly agree. Better than missing multiple people due to contact tracing even if they are vaxxed

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 pm

My body my choice. Sound familiar?

Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:48 pm

Hopefully, during Sun Belt Media Day, we’ll get some reassurance from commissioner/coaches, just like SEC/ACC…. but I’m not holding my breath.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:40 pm
Sure. And the coach’s choice to bench your ass.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:25 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
HighPointApp wrote:
No they won’t.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:18 pm
HighPointApp wrote:
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. -Yoda

Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:28 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
If you can hold your breath for hours at a time until you get back into your home and not exhale around me and others then sure, but I don't think you can do it. I don't think anyone can do it.

Your exhaling does potentially spread germs, germs that can kill. Ending a pregnancy for any number of reasons is not going to having any effect on the stranger walking down the street. Ending a pregnancy is not going to do anything that might be fatal to someone else. There is a big difference.

This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:00 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:28 pm
HighPointApp wrote:
If you can hold your breath for hours at a time until you get back into your home and not exhale around me and others then sure, but I don't think you can do it. I don't think anyone can do it.

Your exhaling does potentially spread germs, germs that can kill. Ending a pregnancy for any number of reasons is not going to having any effect on the stranger walking down the street. Ending a pregnancy is not going to do anything that might be fatal to someone else. There is a big difference.
:?

"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”