Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cignetti

AppDub
School: Appalachian State

Re: Cignetti

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:23 am

Duke would be a good spot. He will definitely get paid somewhere at some point.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:34 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:24 am
AppDub wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:16 pm
Chadwell makes 3.5 million a year, he will be smart on his next move, like wait for Penn State, etc. Must double his salary for him to leave I would imagine.

Cignetti to Syracuse - not sure he fits the SEC although he worked at Alabama under Saban.

Drinkwitz to Texas A & M is going to be the move of the year.
Drink to A&M makes solid sense. Not sure I can see Chadwell to Penn State. Seems more like an SEC guy.
I didn't mean Penn State exactly - but I figure a job in the same class as Penn State or a Florida that he can get since both programs are Luke warm currently and he can double pay and win instantly at both places. Chadwell would be nuts to leave 3.4 million for Miss State --- he can go undefeated at Liberty about every year until a top 10 jobs calls him.

Clark to UNC in 2024 after 11 wins next season in Boone. Mack setting the table for him.
Are yall a package deal?

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:38 am

The question for Cig is whether he wants to prove he can do it at highest level. That is an ego thing. IF yes then he has to make the move now or in a year or two max. If he has decided at 62 he does not need that career checkbox then he stays. I don't know the guy so I don't know how he thinks. If he makes a move I am sure he will have a chance for a quality program not just a dumpster fire to rebuild. That could factor into his decision. If he saw a good place to finish his last 4-6 yrs then he may make a move. He would certainly be able to get a HUGE bump in salary to wrap up his career regardless. I also don't see him being a guy that would go somewhere and get into trouble. He would at least make the program a better place than when he arrived, IMO.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:54 am

The guy is a ball coach , and his clock is ticking .A lot of opportunities .If he doesn't move on now I doubt he will .

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:59 am

He said in an interview last week that he wanted to coach until he was 75, if so he has 13 more years in front of him. He should get offers this year, if it is the right fit I think he goes.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:13 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:59 am
He said in an interview last week that he wanted to coach until he was 75, if so he has 13 more years in front of him. He should get offers this year, if it is the right fit I think he goes.
I think the reason he said he wanted to coach until he is 75 is because he wants some bigger offers. Who knows. Great coach and seems like a great guy.,

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:49 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:39 am
Cignetti makes $677,311. Clark makes $925,020..... So who's getting bang for their buck? Cignetti is gone from JMU. 62 years old so why wouldn't he go make some bank for the last 4 or 5 years of his career... Unless they restructure his contract he has no real reason to stay ... Unless he truly is a JMU homer and has no ambition for money.
These numbers obtained from USA Today coaches salary database.
#TeamClark has accomplished more at the FBS level and has to put up with unrealistic fans - so therefore he is deserving of the extra 300k more than the CIGarette coach.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:50 pm

appdaze wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:34 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:24 am
AppDub wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:06 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:16 pm
Chadwell makes 3.5 million a year, he will be smart on his next move, like wait for Penn State, etc. Must double his salary for him to leave I would imagine.

Cignetti to Syracuse - not sure he fits the SEC although he worked at Alabama under Saban.

Drinkwitz to Texas A & M is going to be the move of the year.
Drink to A&M makes solid sense. Not sure I can see Chadwell to Penn State. Seems more like an SEC guy.
I didn't mean Penn State exactly - but I figure a job in the same class as Penn State or a Florida that he can get since both programs are Luke warm currently and he can double pay and win instantly at both places. Chadwell would be nuts to leave 3.4 million for Miss State --- he can go undefeated at Liberty about every year until a top 10 jobs calls him.

Clark to UNC in 2024 after 11 wins next season in Boone. Mack setting the table for him.
Are yall a package deal?
#TeamClark and I are the total package - (Lex Lugar voice)

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:18 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:49 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:39 am
Cignetti makes $677,311. Clark makes $925,020..... So who's getting bang for their buck? Cignetti is gone from JMU. 62 years old so why wouldn't he go make some bank for the last 4 or 5 years of his career... Unless they restructure his contract he has no real reason to stay ... Unless he truly is a JMU homer and has no ambition for money.
These numbers obtained from USA Today coaches salary database.
#TeamClark has accomplished more at the FBS level and has to put up with unrealistic fans - so therefore he is deserving of the extra 300k more than the CIGarette coach.
Cignetti JMU Record 51-9
Clark Appalachian State: 33–17

Yes, Cignetti was in FCS during a few years of his run there.... so let's do the last two seasons in FBS...
Cignetti 18-4
Clark 13-10

Now Clark has a chance to up that to 14-10 and even 16-10 this year if we get the SBC Champ game and a bowl win. Cig can only bump his to 19-4. If Cignetti stays at JMU then next year will be the tell-all. So bang for the buck, Cig is getting it done...regardless of whether they can play post-season ball. Numbers are numbers and I'm sure I'll hear the excuses. Clark beat Cig this year but Cig won last year. So if you look at salaries, we paid Clark around $250,000 more to win fewer games. Cig had to deal with Covid like Clark did and had to also deal with moving up. Clark got the team after the transition years whereas Cig had it during the transition years. A different set of obstacles for both of them. Clark has been doing great with the team these last 5 games. I'm ecstatic and I hope it continues.

Last year JMU beat App State and beat #23 ranked Coastal. This year they beat Virginia (yes it's a bad ACC team but still a good win), Troy, GA South, and Utah St out of the Mountain West...and all their other games except us....
During that time App has beaten in 2022 - Texas A&M (was ranked #6 but finished 5-7 overall), Troy (who won the SBC)...... in 2023 we beat a horrible ECU team and #18 JMU. Soooooooo has Clark done more than CIG? Has it been worth the extra $250,000? Only time will tell....only time will tell.... When I said who is getting the best bang for their buck I was being honest. Has Clark brought more to our team or has Cig brought more to JMU? This thread was about Cignetti and his future. I was doing a comp from what we had to what they had and where Cig could go from there. It wasn't a bash on Clark but you always want to turn it that way.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:53 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:17 am
I wonder if Elko leaves, if Duke would be an option.
That is an interesting thought and a good fit - I know Elko says he loves Duke and isn't looking to leave. - I can't argue that as I would much rather be at Duke than A&M - BUT --- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:10 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:19 pm
I don’t see Cignetti in Chapel Hill. But I also don’t see him sticking around at JMU forever.

I can’t stand the Dukes but Cignetti has done a fantastic job following Mike Houston’s success and navigating JMU through the transition to FBS.

But our friends up north would say, “Cig is gonna stay here forever. He said so!” Yes, they all say that…until that dump truck full of fame & life-changing money shows up at their door for the first time.

Oh yeah, and you know all of Cig’s assistants? They’ll never leave JMU either. Keep telling yourselves that.

Welcome to the world of top tier G5 football, kids.
Harrisonburg is a great place to live and raise a family. They have a special culture, that no one outside of it can understand. You can't get either of those two things anywhere else......AND yes, he said he was staying when he was put on the spot and publicly asked awkward intrusive questions by the media about his career intentions that people in virtually no other industry have to answer. Definitely staying.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:27 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:10 pm
Bootsy wrote:
I don’t see Cignetti in Chapel Hill. But I also don’t see him sticking around at JMU forever.

I can’t stand the Dukes but Cignetti has done a fantastic job following Mike Houston’s success and navigating JMU through the transition to FBS.

But our friends up north would say, “Cig is gonna stay here forever. He said so!” Yes, they all say that…until that dump truck full of fame & life-changing money shows up at their door for the first time.

Oh yeah, and you know all of Cig’s assistants? They’ll never leave JMU either. Keep telling yourselves that.

Harrisonburg is a great place to live and raise a family. They have a special culture, that no one outside of it can understand. You can't get either of those two things anywhere else......AND yes, he said he was staying when he was put on the spot and publicly asked awkward intrusive questions by the media about his career intentions that people in virtually no other industry have to answer. Definitely staying.
Let's be honest. ANYBODY in that situation being asked that question would have said what Cig did, "Yes I am here to stay". Nobody is going to say, "Weeeeellllll, I am considering my options". That would be a huge bad look.

I would not put anything on that response whether he stays or goes. He was not going to saying else in that moment.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:57 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:27 pm
canes_mj wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

Let's be honest. ANYBODY in that situation being asked that question would have said what Cig did, "Yes I am here to stay". Nobody is going to say, "Weeeeellllll, I am considering my options". That would be a huge bad look.

I would not put anything on that response whether he stays or goes. He was not going to saying else in that moment.
Wait. He has media that asks tough, and yes, sometimes uncomfortable questions?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:10 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:59 am
I felt like him mentioning that intention was intentional to let future suitors know that he will be around for awhile if they had questions about his age.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:23 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:57 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:27 pm
canes_mj wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

Wait. He has media that asks tough, and yes, sometimes uncomfortable questions?
😁

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:58 pm

Who knows? I do agree some of the JMU coordinators are going to become a hot commodity over the next few weeks.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:37 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

Special culture and great place to live and raise a family can't be gotten anywhere else???? Ever heard of Boone, NC

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:44 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

What family is he raising? Aren't his kids adults? Also, I've lived in and around Harrisonburg for about 20 years now and while I agree it's all lovely city, not sure of this culture you speak about in the town. Maybe JMU has it's unique culture, but the city of Harrisonburg definitely doesn't have that vibe.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:53 pm

“ANYBODY in that situation being asked that question would have said what Cig did, "Yes I am here to stay". “

That’s what Buzz said.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:17 am

I personally think that it is an unfair question to ask anyone.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”