Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Transfer rule change.

boonetown1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Transfer rule change.

Unread post by boonetown1 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:33 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:13 pm
appalum2003 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:42 pm
college football is dead, anyway

can't wait to watch the same rich schools buy championship after championship

kid from Ole Miss showed up recently in a Lambo

money + unlimited transfer potential = professional sport
Agreed, and tell me a sport, that pays players, is Uber successful, that ISNT the highest level of that sport? triple A baseball, CFL/XFL, American Hockey League, G League? College football/Basketball has arrived at the beginning of the end. People will still watch, but in a decade or so, never like it once was, watch and see. Greed kills.
Agree as well. Personally, for me, I’m already losing interest.

In the past you come here or 247 to talk football; kind of an escape for many people. Now, all conversations revolve around money (how good other schools are doing, how poorly we’re doing, why we need to give more for players/ stadium projects, etc)….. it just feels like the fans are the ones getting screwed.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:13 am

AppOrange wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:13 pm
appalum2003 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:42 pm
college football is dead, anyway

can't wait to watch the same rich schools buy championship after championship

kid from Ole Miss showed up recently in a Lambo

money + unlimited transfer potential = professional sport
Agreed, and tell me a sport, that pays players, is Uber successful, that ISNT the highest level of that sport? triple A baseball, CFL/XFL, American Hockey League, G League? College football/Basketball has arrived at the beginning of the end. People will still watch, but in a decade or so, never like it once was, watch and see. Greed kills.
As a fan of the game I think the transfer portal has helped basketball with better matchups throughout the season and good games during March Madness.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:40 am

I've watched probably 10 minutes total of the other "pro" football leagues. Just couldn't do it. For me it's too watered down. If you theoretically take the best 850ish college players (85 for 10 teams) and let them play their own conference/league it will ultimately be the same thing as the XFL. It will level out and be just another pro league. There have always been great college football and basketball players who haven't necessarily been great pro players and for me that's ok. I've always been fine to separate it. I never really expected AE to be some HOF pro player but I appreciated his college career. Same for Tebow and others. Now that college football and basketball are becoming pro leagues it's just not nearly as fun- for me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”