Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Down Go The Heels - Yet again

appstate24
School: Appalachian State

Re: Down Go The Heels - Yet again

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:40 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:35 am
Boonegoon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:25 pm
I guess if it keeps you warm, the hate is good. To beat up on a team because their backups aren’t as good as another team’s backups,ok. These games are largely meaningless anymore and frankly, I’m loving watching Delaware’s own Flacco cheat age. 20+ FSU players aren’t playing, no one cares so why should we?
Backups for this game perhaps, but 1-5 against the last 6 FBS teams they played, 5 of those games with the amazing Drake Maye and other starters.
Do less with more, and have a boat load of excuses ready to roll, it’s the Carolina way.

GO APPS!!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:19 am

Many schools every year prove that you really don't know how good 18 year olds really are. The recruiting rankings can say some kid is a 4-5 star but he still has to leave home, enter a totally new environment and play ball at an entirely new level. It simply doesn't always work. And the free agent transfer portal isn't a magical solution for championships.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:49 pm

After APP my two favorite teams are Air Force & WV

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:16 pm

Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:42 pm
Isn’t Country Roads about west Virginia, not West Virginia? Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah River are primarily in west Virginia.
Song is actually about Maryland. Changed the location to sound better.
https://www.fosters.com/story/lifestyle ... the%20time.
https://www.fosters.com/story/lifestyle ... he%20time.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:08 pm

Yes all of that is correct - supposedly as stated driving thru Montgomery Co MD, the couple caught a quick glance of a sign which they thought said West Virginia but actually said Westernport ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:05 pm

Mack just didn’t want that mayo bath, told them “boys chunk this game “
Bring Your A Game!

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:28 pm

The Acc is bad. UNC had been overrated & glad Moo U took an L too. UNC fans have already moved on to basketball season as to them football is the tailgate to their real fandom. However, this next series with state, (and a game vs Wake too I think) if huge for our recognition as the dominate football program in the state.

When it comes down to football programs & football fanbases, the only argument for #1 in NC comes down to App, Pack, & EZU.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:57 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:28 pm
The Acc is bad. UNC had been overrated & glad Moo U took an L too. UNC fans have already moved on to basketball season as to them football is the tailgate to their real fandom. However, this next series with state, (and a game vs Wake too I think) if huge for our recognition as the dominate football program in the state.

When it comes down to football programs & football fanbases, the only argument for #1 in NC comes down to App, Pack, & EZU.
Not sure ECU is in that conversation anymore.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:47 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:25 pm
I guess if it keeps you warm, the hate is good. To beat up on a team because their backups aren’t as good as another team’s backups,ok. These games are largely meaningless anymore and frankly, I’m loving watching Delaware’s own Flacco cheat age. 20+ FSU players aren’t playing, no one cares so why should we?
Yeah, glad I got other plans and have zero reasons to watch UGA/FSU.

Anyway, my point was UNC’s penchant for perennial late season tailspins. It happened under Fedora and with Mack. All kidding aside, it’s baffling with that much talent each year.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:15 am

Cheat and their pansy ass fan base and their fairy dancing quarterback, suck! Been force fed Cheat by TV ,printed media and public opinion- telling me how great they were, all my life! ANYTIME THEY LOSE IN ANYTHING IT’s A GREAT DAY! Let their Walmart fans go on and cheer for that pansy blue and lift up their sheep mascot! Go go go “bottom of someone’s foot!!” HaHaHa

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:00 am

pop5app wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:15 am
Cheat and their pansy ass fan base and their fairy dancing quarterback, suck! Been force fed Cheat by TV ,printed media and public opinion- telling me how great they were, all my life! ANYTIME THEY LOSE IN ANYTHING IT’s A GREAT DAY! Let their Walmart fans go on and cheer for that pansy blue and lift up their sheep mascot! Go go go “bottom of someone’s foot!!” HaHaHa
I really think they get good players to come there, just that the campus life and culture at UNC makes them soft. That’s why they are good early and then begin to suck, because they haven’t been fully brainwashed and wimpified early in the season.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:20 pm

Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:00 am
pop5app wrote:
I really think they get good players to come there, just that the campus life and culture at UNC makes them soft. That’s why they are good early and then begin to suck, because they haven’t been fully brainwashed and wimpified early in the season.
Softer than puppy sh!+ in the rain.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:47 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:20 pm
Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:00 am
pop5app wrote:
Softer than puppy sh!+ in the rain.
And in a blender

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:48 pm

I do believe that going to Carolina will change you.

App on the other hand will strengthen your resolve, if not, you leave and go somewhere else that does not test your mettle as much. It takes a special kind of person to be a Mountaineer. It really does.

Boonegoon

Unread post by Boonegoon » Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:03 am

AppWyo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:48 pm

App on the other hand will strengthen your resolve, if not, you leave and go somewhere else that does not test your mettle as much. It takes a special kind of person to be a Mountaineer. It really does.
I'm sorry but the only thing that tested my "mettle" was Boone not having liquor by the drink. You make it sound like App is Parris Island.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 pm

Boonegoon wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:03 am
AppWyo wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:48 pm

I'm sorry but the only thing that tested my "mettle" was Boone not having liquor by the drink. You make it sound like App is Parris Island.
It is for some...

Looking back, Parris Island was fun...

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:26 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:03 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:54 pm
I think it says something about the coaching prowess of Neal Brown, which I know everyone here is glad he has at least one more year.

Again, Mack is the most overrated coach in the country as is his team every year
Are Drink and Satterfield as well? I haven't googled their records, but this board has been silent of late as to their performance since they left Boone. I recall one pic post of them coming off the golf course, though.
As to my wishes for the two...I wish them all the success in the world except not more than they had here. Want their time here to be their glory days and fondest memories.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:34 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:26 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
I think it says something about the coaching prowess of Neal Brown, which I know everyone here is glad he has at least one more year.

Again, Mack is the most overrated coach in the country as is his team every year
Are Drink and Satterfield as well? I haven't googled their records, but this board has been silent of late as to their performance since they left Boone. I recall one pic post of them coming off the golf course, though.
I have ni idea about dink as I could not care less what he does. As far as Scott, he has not had the success he had at APP but then again he has not been hyped as gods gift to the football world like mack has. If I had my way mack would get a lifetime contract with a 7 billion dollar buyout and live to 180.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:39 am

Satt did a great job of building Louisville which started as a dumpster fire. This year at Cincy has been painful, so I hope he hits the portal and fills the major holes in D that he had. He won't survive another year like this. Drink obviously is doing great, finishing the regular season at #9 nationally and beating Ohio State in his bowl game. I doubt he thinks of App as his glory days.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:10 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:26 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

As to my wishes for the two...I wish them all the success in the world except not more than they had here. Want their time here to be their glory days and fondest memories.
Drink's records at Mizzou since 2020 5-5, 6-7, 6-7, 11-2. Taking him a bit to create a culture of winning, but it appears he has them on the right track or at least has proven it can be done. Will be interesting to see if next year repeats this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Schools' Athletics”