Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SunBelt continues to win -

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: SunBelt continues to win -

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:04 pm

appstate77 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:05 pm
Several of their players sat behind our bench at the MB Bowl, taunting our players.
That's the dumbest thing they could have done, our players are not going to forget that, particularly come next fall !!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:28 pm

I don’t like Coastal. I could care less if they never win another game. Much like the other schools we compete against. And how did their loss cost us money ?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:38 pm

MountainMan2020 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:39 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:10 am
appdaze wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am
To those enjoying their loss that just lost the conference money and end of the year ranking reputation, nothing good comes from salty losers. I was pulling for them for the brand of our conference, not against them just because they were undefeated and we weren't. Now we sound like stink fans when App loses.
I posted almost the same thing before reading yours. We sound like idiots
Thanks for setting us all straight there Fan Police. In the future, just post your picks for the week in advance so everyone can conform and we don’t sound so idiotic.
Thanks for proving my point in spades.

MountainMan2020

Unread post by MountainMan2020 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:38 pm
MountainMan2020 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:39 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:10 am
appdaze wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am
To those enjoying their loss that just lost the conference money and end of the year ranking reputation, nothing good comes from salty losers. I was pulling for them for the brand of our conference, not against them just because they were undefeated and we weren't. Now we sound like stink fans when App loses.
I posted almost the same thing before reading yours. We sound like idiots
Thanks for setting us all straight there Fan Police. In the future, just post your picks for the week in advance so everyone can conform and we don’t sound so idiotic.
Thanks for proving my point in spades.
Uh, you’re welcome?

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:58 pm

Sun Belt championship I would have pulled for Louisiana. I was very disappointed we lost to both La and Coastal but La has been in the battle with us for a while so they get my nod. I’m happy the Belt did well in the bowl season. I’m even ok stink won and I really really can’t stand them. I was ok with coastal but they lost me during BYU. Give them their dues spoils to the winner all that jazz. Going undefeated isn’t as easy as it looks and you can definitely tell they’ve never been there before. Had they beat liberty it would have been great for the conf.but I pulled for Liberty not because coastul beat us they just haven’t earned respect or have lost it.
And CUSA 0-6? Sun Belt is moving up in the world.

clemmonsapp

Unread post by clemmonsapp » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:14 am

I was tired of hearing about them being undefeated in this bastardization of a season. They kept crowing about somehow "breaking all of our records". 11-1 is a sorry second to 13-1, two wins against big time P-5s, and a true conference championship.

The cards fell right for them this year - they made plays late in a few games and won the toss ups, and we were not App this year (may not be for a while - the jury is certainly out).

They are about as classy as the their actual home (Conwhere SC), and their supposed home on the lower class version of the Redneck Riviera.

I also don't see their loss costing us money. We should have 2 top 25 teams in the final poll. There is a realistic shot for the SunBelt to be rated as the #2 G-5 conference this year. The MW did not have their bell cow in Boise this year, and Boise didn't go bowling. I do not know enough about the depth of their conference to make a call there. With our early season wins versus the Big-12 and bowl record if we aren't 2nd we can probably thank ULM.

Let them have 2020. Here's to hoping we are ready for 2021 with a traditional App team and a full and rowdy Rock!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:16 am

Does anyone else think Coastal dodged the game with ULL with fake COVID news?

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:19 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:16 am
Yes

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:36 am

I was not cheering for Coastal. They had my respect up until the remarks made about playing Troy, the cancelled Championship again against UL(who I was rooting for), and then hearing about how they acted during our bowl game. I give them credit for going 11-1 as that is no easy feat, but the way they acted tuned me off from wanting to pull for them.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am

Rekdiver wrote:
I believe that there was a positive case, and they used that to ensure that they remained undefeated as long as possible and to keep a very outside shot at a NY6 bowl alive. It was a very convenient excuse for them. The presence of mush of their team at our game really sealed the deal for me.
Give 'em hell!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:14 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am
Rekdiver wrote:
I believe that there was a positive case, and they used that to ensure that they remained undefeated as long as possible and to keep a very outside shot at a NY6 bowl alive. It was a very convenient excuse for them. The presence of mush of their team at our game really sealed the deal for me.
I honestly don't know if this was exaggerated in order to be an excuse or not. If so, it completely backfired. According to the announcers, they did in fact miss several days of practice and that showed in the early stages of the game. I have said previously and say again that the smell test is pretty nasty but I will stop short of saying I think they manipulated the situation.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:19 pm

I think Coastal rolled the dice and gambled that Tulsa would beat Cincinnati and that they might lose to Louisiana if the championship game was played. Being co-champions still put them in the running for the NY6, so a Cincinnati loss would have landed them the NY6 if they were still undefeated.
Also, I wonder if they thought that since they had already beaten UL in the regular season, that they'd just be crowned the sole champion of the SBC.
Even without the "sole championship," it's pretty special and rare to have an undefeated season so why risk an extra game ahead of the bowl game. The SBC Championship game potentially could have caused more injuries which we know Chadwell was sensitive to which would have made it more difficult in the bowl.
I just don't trust Chadwell at this point. Could be wrong...but I don't like the guy and we're going to crush these guys at The Rock this coming season.

Appstrong

Unread post by Appstrong » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:55 pm

Maybe I’ll be chastised too for rooting against Coastal, but I don’t feel they have done a good job of representing sportsmanship these last few weeks, which, to me, means they have not represented our conference well either. It would be tough for me to expect a fellow conference member to root for us if our team had a 2-3 week stretch of attending another team’s bowl and taunting that team, coach acting like he is an entitled twit, and possibly trying to avoid competition as some kind of short cut to achievement. Respect is earned, unfortunately Coastal doesn’t seem to value that.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:21 am

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:04 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:43 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Agreed. Earlier in the year with the same fact pattern they would have played the game. I'm certain every team played a game with one player testing positive for covid. As with everything this year surrounding decision making in regards to covid it was a risk/reward analysis. The reward for winning vs. risk of losing combined with needing Tulsa to win either way made the decision.

Ohio State played in their CCG missing double digit players, same for the CFP game.

clemmonsapp

Unread post by clemmonsapp » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:40 am

This is interesting. Could we get a bigger payout this year. I think we have a real chance to jump the Mountain West this year if the process is fair and looks at results ad rankings.

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football ... f_Men.html

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”