Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SunBelt continues to win -

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppySprayberry
School: Appalachian State

Re: SunBelt continues to win -

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:45 am

Order is restored. Chase Brice, bring us back to the top! IT'S GREAT! TO NOT BE! A CHANTICLEER!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:45 am

I started watching the game kind of hoping the Sun Belt would stay perfect in bowls but found myself enjoying watching Liberty taking the game. The ending was crazy and totally 2020. Coastal got extremely lucky this year with scheduling and pulled several games out that very easily could have been losses.
Also, that young QB, McCall, didn't have to deal with crowd noise which will be a factor when they come to The Rock...I hope we curb-stomp them.

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:19 am

hapapp wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:39 am
Let's face it to go undefeated a team leads a charmed life. Coastal stopped BYU on the one yard line to preserve a win, made a late score to topple Troy, and recovered the fumble at the goal line last night. In the end, that good fortune ran out. In many ways, the odds caught up to us this year.

There is reason for Coastal fans to be proud of what their team accomplished this year. But, they have to live with that bitter loss for 9 months. A loss that no doubt puts a tarnish on their spectacular season. I've got no grief with anyone who pulled against them last night. I do think it bad form to publicly revel in their defeat, however. And, I think it foolish to think they were one hit wonders.

Regardless, it was a great game to watch.
At this point that is exactly what they are, we'll see what happens in the seasons to follow. I agree with your other points, and yeah it takes a lot of lucky breaks to go undefeated or even a one loss season.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:27 am

Hey I don’t want to demean anything Coastal accomplished this year as they earned it. Kudos to them.

Next year will be another year and it does change landscape when everybody is gunning for you. Let’s see how they handle it.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am

To those enjoying their loss that just lost the conference money and end of the year ranking reputation, nothing good comes from salty losers. I was pulling for them for the brand of our conference, not against them just because they were undefeated and we weren't. Now we sound like stink fans when App loses.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am

Being co-champion is fine and dandy, but being the last undisputed champion is even better. Six bowl wins in a row sure feels fine too. It's great to be a Mountaineer! Go Apps!!

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:01 am

Truth be told my dislike for Coastal is about 40% being a hater and 60% despising the attitude they have of being the bell cow of the conference when they have only been grest one year. Yeah, yeah, you are only as good as your last year or game for that matter in this sport, but perform consistently and then we will talk. Hard to diminish the abilities of their team. If we are honest with ourselves, if McCall said he was transferring to App, not a one of us would be unhappy with that. Same goes for a few other of their players. Albeit, the mullets would have to go. That being said, I'm 1000% happy rolling with the guys we have on our team and like our chances from a personal standpoint. Still not 100% sold on the OC, but that horse has been beaten to death.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:09 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE that Conf USA is 0-6 in bowls. They sure made the right decision choosing Charlotte over us...the right decision for us!!
Since adding us, the Sun Belt has moved up in the ranks and the CUSA has diminished overall.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:57 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:35 am
To those enjoying their loss that just lost the conference money and end of the year ranking reputation, nothing good comes from salty losers. I was pulling for them for the brand of our conference, not against them just because they were undefeated and we weren't. Now we sound like stink fans when App loses.
Most were pulling for them until a couple weeks ago, even after our loss to them. I’m not celebrating their loss, I wanted to win the bowl cup for the conference.

But I don’t think the conference lost money, why do you believe that?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:57 am

I don’t like their coach but the dislike ends there. The passion and cockiness of the players and the fans is no different than any with newfound success. Let them enjoy it. We will no longer have a rookie HC and staff. Next year will be something.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:08 am

Some of these takes are weird to me. Do we hate every opponent? Seems like it. I understand rivalries, and I will grant you southern. But I always rooted for other so con teams in the playoffs and I always root for sun belt teams in their bowl games. I get coastal being a little annoying but they had a great season. I’m not understanding wanting them to lose. The better the sun belt the better for us nationally. Just look at the AAC to prove that. Their teams automatically get a bump in coverage simply because of the conference reputation. this is not a great look from our fans.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:10 am

appdaze wrote:
I posted almost the same thing before reading yours. We sound like idiots

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:14 pm

I rarely if ever take part in any "trash talk" before or after a game because I personally find it classless, and an example of poor sportsmanship, but a lot of folks live for it, so whatever. I do think those rooting for Coastal to lose depends on what they find most important. If you are rooting for the Sunbelt, that makes sense, if you want one less team to be a peer you are recruiting against in a neighboring state where we have had good luck getting impact players, that makes sense, if you were at our bowl game and saw how the Coastal players were acting, that also makes sense.

My point, it depends on personal experience and preference; probably not worth trying to convince folks to go another way, though it is a chat board and this is America . . .

I personally try to be as cordial and welcoming with opposing fans as I can. I don't want our fan base to have an overall negative rep, but unfortunately, that is becoming an uphill battle imo. Passion is one thing, personal insults and a high and mighty attitude is another.

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:32 pm

Personally my disdain for both programs is high and I would have been happy if a bomb threat had been called in and would have cancelled the game...but I still argue the point and their coach even said....recruiting for 21 was already done before their high ranking and exposure but will pay dividends in 22...and we recruit heavily in SC and I don’t want those mouth breathing troglodytes trying to one up us...so I’m glad they lost...and I’m glad that hypocrite jerry Falwell jr is gone from Liberty too!

MountainMan2020

Unread post by MountainMan2020 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:39 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:10 am
appdaze wrote:
I posted almost the same thing before reading yours. We sound like idiots
Thanks for setting us all straight there Fan Police. In the future, just post your picks for the week in advance so everyone can conform and we don’t sound so idiotic.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:45 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:27 am
Hey I don’t want to demean anything Coastal accomplished this year as they earned it. Kudos to them.

Next year will be another year and it does change landscape when everybody is gunning for you. Let’s see how they handle it.
I'm not suggesting a repeat of this year for them but I don't think they will fade away like say Troy. My understanding is they have a lot of their seniors returning outside of #1 and one of their better defenders. No doubt folks will be better prepared to deal with them and Liberty may given some clue as to how you slow down McCall's running game. Of course, he did show he can sling it too. I'm really looking forward to next year as I think its going to be wide open, especially in the East.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:48 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Being co-champion is fine and dandy, but being the last undisputed champion is even better. Six bowl wins in a row sure feels fine too. It's great to be a Mountaineer! Go Apps!!
Exactly! We don't need to shrink from their success or try to diminish what they did accomplish. We aren't going anywhere and they do come to Boone.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:05 pm

I live in the MB area and was glad to see their bubble burst. As a minister I often refer to the Bible where it says "Pride comes ahead of a fall." CCUs pride and hubris has become close to vile. Add football success to their baseball success, CCU has become unbearable. Their fall has come. Can they learn that humility is the key to success? Time will tell. Several of their players sat behind our bench at the MB Bowl, taunting our players. I'm content to let CCU swallow their pride this offseason.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 pm

I don't mind their fans as they are not al lot different from us. I don't like some of their players. They are mouthy but don't have a corner on that either. What I don't like is their dirty play. They should have had a couple of players thrown out for the season at the BYU game. The facemask last night was not incidental. You really need to let go while the players head is still attached, just to name a couple. They are going to be tough for the foreseeable future. I would be shocked if that loss did any harm at all to their recruiting. We are no longer an automatic in this conference.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:20 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:45 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:27 am

I'm not suggesting a repeat of this year for them but I don't think they will fade away like say Troy. My understanding is they have a lot of their seniors returning outside of #1 and one of their better defenders. No doubt folks will be better prepared to deal with them and Liberty may given some clue as to how you slow down McCall's running game. Of course, he did show he can sling it too. I'm really looking forward to next year as I think its going to be wide open, especially in the East.
I definitely don't see CCU fading away, at least until Moglia and Chadwell both are gone. We just have to keep them slightly behind us. I hope they win 9-10 games a year as long as we aren't one of them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”