Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Sunbelt Addition Dark Horse

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
kiddbrewer
School: Appalachian State

Re: Sunbelt Addition Dark Horse

Unread post by kiddbrewer » Fri May 17, 2013 5:54 pm

bcoach wrote:
appst89 wrote:There isn't anything arrogant about making the statement that their facilites are not currently FBS-ready and the school has made no indication of changing that. Our facilities were not FBS ready five years ago, and are barely so now.
But that is not what was said. What was said was that it was an eyesore, and that is a big difference.
And yes, I DID say it was an eyesore. I think I used abomination too. There is no arrogance on my part. I actually thought our small visitor side, prior to the expansion, was an eyesore compared to the home side. But, it was not as disproportional as EKU's.

It was more of a way to say that EKU's 20,000 seat stadium is not something that should be considered as a positive when one tries to consider them as a potential FBS move up.

GoApps70

Unread post by GoApps70 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Don't know about you but want our opponents not to be able to recruit as well as we can.
Like I said, EKU is second in FCS playoff appearances. So I wouldn't worry about their
football or their recruits. If we have a better stadium so be it, I like it in fact.
No idea they would be considered by the SBC anyway. Just food for thought.
==========================================================================
Give 'em Hell Apps !.....Sun Belt future champs !........Enlarge Kidd Brewer ASAP!
==========================================================================

AppAttack

Unread post by AppAttack » Fri May 17, 2013 8:47 pm

vegattk wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:When was that picture taken Veg, 1964?
Based on his FBS point of view, I think he might think KBS still looks like that...
Not every thread should devolve into a FBS fight-fest...

You stay classy Gonzo...
Well I guess in 50 years EKU's stadium will be ready! :lol:

ASUMountaineer

Unread post by ASUMountaineer » Sat May 18, 2013 7:26 am

bcoach wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
bcoach wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:
ASUMountaineer wrote:Not at all, we're considering if they have any desire to grow the program to the FBS level. GoApps70 has been going on about EKU here and on the Sun Belt board, and no one knows why. They have made no mention of even entertaining the thought of going FBS, yet he acts as if they're a likely choice. EKU appears to be very happy in their current situation, and part of that is shown in the quality of their facility.
bcoach wrote:If that is the case why do we feel so compelled to grade their facilities. Why have we become so high and mighty that we have to degrade so many schools and programs. Some here have become very arrogant and think we are superior to so many. There is a very large difference between pride and arrogance. It does not reflect well on ASU when we are constantly looking down our noses at others. Many times that leads to a broken nose. I happen to believe we are better than this.
What are you talking about? Have they entertained the thought of going FBS? Have they made any improvements to their facilities that would position them for FBS? My post was not derogatory in the least towards EKU, and was not done out of arrogance. It was simply an assessment. I hope the view is nice up on your horse.
As I sit on my horse I was not looking in your direction. I was looking in the direction of those who would feel compelled to call another's stadium an eyesore for really no reason at all. The fact of the matter is that I happen to agree with you that they seem happy and really don't need our approval of their stadium or anything else for that matter. It seem like we want to fight the entrance of a school who does not want to come in the first place.
Thanks for the clarification. You quoted my post, so it seemed as if you were directing it at me.
Not at all, and sorry for the confusion.
Well then, nevermind. :lol:
Poster formerly known as AppState03 (MMB) and currently known as ASUMountaineer everywhere else.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”