Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Discussion with App alums

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: Discussion with App alums

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 pm

MountainMan wrote:
Kgfish wrote: I am pro FBS I'm but not in the "let's play big-boy football" at all cost camp.
Nice concise summary of where I think a good number of fans are.

If one has really watched the world of FCS and the exit of so many former rivals, and the downgrading of the exposure of FCS games and playoffs on TV (ESPN), while simultaneously watching the growth of ASU in terms of student population and regional recognition, it's just hard for me to see how staying in the declining environment of FCS football can be in the best interests of ASU as an institution. Also, I think it's a misunderstanding from some folks that think ASU is expecting to compete with Ohio State and Florida and Alabama in 2015 or even 2020; and maybe beyond. The lower level of FBS is the most logical "fit" for ASU now, and who knows what the long-term future holds.
Very, very well said.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 pm

yosefederation wrote:
Appersrule wrote:
3rd wrote:To the people who think our fans wouldn't show up to the Holmes if we played UNC. I believe a certain UNC coach said he would never bring another team back to Boone to play basketball because of how his team was treated by the fans. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, that was a long time ago.
And....WRONG again. Mike Wood was the crew chief of the referee crew and had to stop the game twice for ice being thrown on the floor. They made an announcement that the next time it was done App would get a tech. I remember that night very well.

3rd
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by 3rd » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Appersrule wrote:
yosefederation wrote:
Appersrule wrote:
3rd wrote:To the people who think our fans wouldn't show up to the Holmes if we played UNC. I believe a certain UNC coach said he would never bring another team back to Boone to play basketball because of how his team was treated by the fans. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, that was a long time ago.
And....WRONG again. Mike Wood was the crew chief of the referee crew and had to stop the game twice for ice being thrown on the floor. They made an announcement that the next time it was done App would get a tech. I remember that night very well.

Are you saying i am right? That night was a long time ago so i don't remember it to well.

Appersrule

Unread post by Appersrule » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:33 pm

That was supposed to quote the guy who said our fans were not harassing UNC and refuting my statement about Doherty.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:56 am

Amazing. 130 posts in a thread discussing a decision that has already been made, and not a single new argument. That's not really surprising since this topic has been beat to death for >2 years now.

Is it football season yet?

GO APPS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”