Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Napier to FLA

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Napier to FLA

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:05 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:06 pm
HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Leaving to go to another school to coach and still coaching in the championship game. That’s a bunch of BS.

We are bringing the sandpaper!
It has happened to us twice. The schools did not announce but there were verbal deals in place for both Satt and Drink.

Don't overlook UL because now their kids can huddle up and agree this game is for them. It does not matter if Napier is there or not because at the end of the day these kids are either the champs or the losers and they sure as hell don't want to be 0-3 against App in the CCG. I think they are going to give us their best shot. I just don't think they play the same near perfect game that they did against us before.
Napier's patience really paid off verses both Satterfield and Drinkwitz cashing in on any $3.5mm a year that they could get. I'm sure that Napier's deal will be double that number and he waited for a school where he knew that he could succeed.
I felt Satt could have waited and found even better while I thought Missouri was taking a huge gamble but that Drink possibly could have done better so I had had the discussion with some people who were adamant that you don't wait for these jobs and you take them because you may not get another shot. I felt a good coach could hold out for a better offer so you don't get stuck in a bad situation and Napier has proven you can do that. A coach has to keep winning but if they aren't a one hit wonder it is shown that more chances will come. It has surely paid off big time for Napier.
I agree that both Satt and Drink could have waited and likely gotten better jobs. The L'ville job is prob better than Mizzou for becoming a consistent winner. Patience paid off big for Napier but it didn't work out for Seth Littrell at North Texas so there is some risk.

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Napier to FLA

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:01 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:05 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:36 pm
HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:14 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:06 pm
HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:04 pm
Leaving to go to another school to coach and still coaching in the championship game. That’s a bunch of BS.

We are bringing the sandpaper!
It has happened to us twice. The schools did not announce but there were verbal deals in place for both Satt and Drink.

Don't overlook UL because now their kids can huddle up and agree this game is for them. It does not matter if Napier is there or not because at the end of the day these kids are either the champs or the losers and they sure as hell don't want to be 0-3 against App in the CCG. I think they are going to give us their best shot. I just don't think they play the same near perfect game that they did against us before.
Napier's patience really paid off verses both Satterfield and Drinkwitz cashing in on any $3.5mm a year that they could get. I'm sure that Napier's deal will be double that number and he waited for a school where he knew that he could succeed.
I felt Satt could have waited and found even better while I thought Missouri was taking a huge gamble but that Drink possibly could have done better so I had had the discussion with some people who were adamant that you don't wait for these jobs and you take them because you may not get another shot. I felt a good coach could hold out for a better offer so you don't get stuck in a bad situation and Napier has proven you can do that. A coach has to keep winning but if they aren't a one hit wonder it is shown that more chances will come. It has surely paid off big time for Napier.
I agree that both Satt and Drink could have waited and likely gotten better jobs. The L'ville job is prob better than Mizzou for becoming a consistent winner. Patience paid off big for Napier but it didn't work out for Seth Littrell at North Texas so there is some risk.
It is definitely a risk. My point is that he proved it can be done. I completely understand some coaches not being willing to wait but if you have shown to be a consistent big time winner then I would think you will get other offers.

Now, we need to send Napier out with a big L and have the Gator fans already wondering if they need to buy him out before he gets there. LOL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”