Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

What Happened In Boone?!

Discussion about anything related to the Sun Belt Conference
DomCrosetto
School: Appalachian State

What Happened In Boone?!

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:08 pm

Check out the show tonight as we discuss last night's game as well as the rest of the conference slate coming up this Saturday.

Comment live, share your thoughts and feelings about last night, or the season outlook from here on out.

https://www.youtube.com/live/MwhI3JY5GtA?si=Xm9n2AOpOsGb1s8j
Check out the Sun Belt Syndicate podcast! Streaming audio everywhere & live video once a week.

DomCrosetto

Re: What Happened In Boone?!

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:09 am

Since the live got interrupted, here's the full episode. Also on all audio platforms.

Check out the Sun Belt Syndicate podcast! Streaming audio everywhere & live video once a week.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:03 am

"We should be undefeated " Hmmm...???

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:06 am

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:03 am
What would you counter TJ with on that one? In the losses, the other teams haven't been overly impressive to me. It's more about the mistakes made on App's side. Mostly simple aspects like staying in your gap assignment or completing the catch. Little things that can add up or lead to the big play being missed.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:10 am

DomCrosetto wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:06 am
Stonewall wrote:
What would you counter TJ with on that one? In the losses, the other teams haven't been overly impressive to me. It's more about the mistakes made on App's side. Mostly simple aspects like staying in your gap assignment or completing the catch. Little things that can add up or lead to the big play being missed.
I agree. We have been in every game and potentially could be undefeated. The one game, UNC, is debatable as it was not really a turnover or blocked FG. A player fumbles on his way to end zone that would potentially put App up 7 in CCU game. A blocked FG for a TD that WYO had not done in like 50 years..WYO did not have an offense to come back if FG is made.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:44 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:10 am
DomCrosetto wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
I agree. We have been in every game and potentially could be undefeated. The one game, UNC, is debatable as it was not really a turnover or blocked FG. A player fumbles on his way to end zone that would potentially put App up 7 in CCU game. A blocked FG for a TD that WYO had not done in like 50 years..WYO did not have an offense to come back if FG is made.
The UNC game wasn't as obvious but we missed the FG first and then they had a shot they couldn't convert either. In the OT, if we get the pass interference call, a greater chance for TD, & a 2 pt conversion could have won it. I think spotting Coastal the 14 points quickly was the real downer in this last one. Really awful start on both sides of the ball as well as losing Noel early.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:48 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
DomCrosetto wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
I keep reading this “in the game” and almost won stuff. What the heck, let’s just create and new stat column, won, lost and should have won. Or could have won. Or if not for a missed assignment or two would have won. That’s how we can get back in contention for a Sun Belt title!!!

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:04 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:48 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
DomCrosetto wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
I keep reading this “in the game” and almost won stuff. What the heck, let’s just create and new stat column, won, lost and should have won. Or could have won. Or if not for a missed assignment or two would have won. That’s how we can get back in contention for a Sun Belt title!!!
I'd say you're reading it because it's mostly true. App has been in every game they've lost. 3 losses by a total of 12 points combined. That's where basics, and simple fixes, make the biggest difference. Meanwhile, in the games App has won, the average margin of victory has been 12.33 (even with the ULM victory being by only 1 point...).

I think it shows the fan base looking for the positives as well. Sure, some people want massive changes (head coach) but others realize that it comes down to basic execution on a few plays a game. To note, App also has the highest rated recruiting class in the Belt (currently). No reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater by starting over & losing transfers & recruits.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:28 pm

DomCrosetto wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:04 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
DomCrosetto wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
I'd say you're reading it because it's mostly true. App has been in every game they've lost. 3 losses by a total of 12 points combined. That's where basics, and simple fixes, make the biggest difference. Meanwhile, in the games App has won, the average margin of victory has been 12.33 (even with the ULM victory being by only 1 point...).

I think it shows the fan base looking for the positives as well. Sure, some people want massive changes (head coach) but others realize that it comes down to basic execution on a few plays a game. To note, App also has the highest rated recruiting class in the Belt (currently). No reason to throw out the baby with the bathwater by starting over & losing transfers & recruits.
I didn’t say throw out anybody. I’m just saying almost doesn’t count. And we’ve been doing almost for several years now.

Oldlknapp

Unread post by Oldlknapp » Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:24 pm

The late Frank Howard said… The only statistic that matters is the one on the scoreboard.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:15 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:28 pm
DomCrosetto wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:04 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
DomCrosetto wrote:

I didn’t say throw out anybody. I’m just saying almost doesn’t count. And we’ve been doing almost for several years now.
No, and I didn't mean to lump you in with those that are, but I was referring to those that are asking for those types of changes, because they are obviously the most vocal.

I agree about 'almost' or 'could have been' being a hated word/phrase for us right now but I think it does help show where we stand. As much as we let up some big plays, or miss some on the offensive side, we aren't getting beat all game long all over the place. It's frustrating with where we felt we once were in the Sun Belt & G5 pecking order but we haven't completely fallen off either. I think most of us assumed we'd be able to flip some of last season's close loses into wins this year. It's very disappointing that we have yet to do that.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:21 pm

I feel like TJ might be Denver.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:25 pm

CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:21 pm
Not sure I follow...

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 pm

DomCrosetto wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:25 pm
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Not sure I follow...
He's referring to a person on this board. You read the board?

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:32 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 pm
DomCrosetto wrote:
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Not sure I follow...
Ah, yes. Read it often but a user name that includes 'Denver' isn't ringing any bells with me. I recognize almost all of them in this thread though.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:36 pm

DomCrosetto wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:32 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:26 pm
DomCrosetto wrote:
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Not sure I follow...
Ah, yes. Read it often but a user name that includes 'Denver' isn't ringing any bells with me. I recognize almost all of them in this thread though.
Denveroftheeast

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:36 pm

Found who you are referencing. From what he writes, most definitely NOT TJ haha

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:13 pm

DomCrosetto wrote:
Stonewall wrote:
Saying we "should " , as opposed to we "could" , lays blame .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sun Belt Discussion”