Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appstate Endzone Camera

JPatH3292
School: Appalachian State

Re: Appstate Endzone Camera

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:02 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm
NewApp wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:31 pm
appstate24 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm
Looks like they are already installing the temporary stands under the NEZ. Atmosphere is going to be electric. Can’t wait!

GO APPS!!
I thought there was a patio there? Am I wrong?
The patio, "Rock Garden", will be available for all games except the UNC game. There is field level seating in the southeast corner, the "Mountaineer Lounge", for the UNC game. Tickets for that are $300, which includes a buffet and a cash bar.
I am by no means a person who pays for NEZ seats but I agree that I would like to see this seating become permanent. It looks much better filled with students or the band than a half filled patio for the wine and cheese crowd. But again money talks. And I’m sure there will be room for a tunnel. Isn’t really any other way for the team to make it out of the locker room no?

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:50 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:42 am
It’ll be cool if they leave a space in the middle as a tunnel.

I still think a tunnel needs to be dug under the south west concourse with stairs that lead up into the visitors locker room. Having to rope off a busy concourse multiple times per game so a hundred guys plus equipment can get through is suboptimal.
Now that I see those temp stands going up, I'd like to see them there permanently, for student seating. It looks good. And I agree about the tunnel. I'm guessing there'll be one with the way the stands are going up.
I'm fine with it for 1 game, but field access was a perk sold with the NEZ package. I enjoy being able to go outside and walk around on field level and get a different perspective to the game.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm

A2534 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm
goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

I still think a tunnel needs to be dug under the south west concourse with stairs that lead up into the visitors locker room. Having to rope off a busy concourse multiple times per game so a hundred guys plus equipment can get through is suboptimal.
Now that I see those temp stands going up, I'd like to see them there permanently, for student seating. It looks good. And I agree about the tunnel. I'm guessing there'll be one with the way the stands are going up.
I'm fine with it for 1 game, but field access was a perk sold with the NEZ package. I enjoy being able to go outside and walk around on field level and get a different perspective to the game.
I don't the like the field access and indoor access because it looks horrible to see half the seats empty because people are on the patio or inside. But I'll put up with it as long as folks are willing to pay that much to have the access. I think it would be awesome to extend the student section around to the endzone. It would enhance what is already a super stadium atmosphere.
WE ARE YOSEF!

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:44 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm
A2534 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

I don't the like the field access and indoor access because it looks horrible to see half the seats empty because people are on the patio or inside. But I'll put up with it as long as folks are willing to pay that much to have the access. I think it would be awesome to extend the student section around to the endzone. It would enhance what is already a super stadium atmosphere.
100% agree, NEZ always looks empty because everyone is spread out between seats, field, indoors, etc. Not sure what to do about it, as that is why everyone pays a premium to not wait in lines and being able to spread out. Same as the west club seats, they are often 50% or less occupied due to people indoors, but they are not quite as glaringly open as the NEZ.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:03 pm

There are other design features of the NEZ facility that will prevent them from putting seats there on a permanent basis. Aside from the patio that is part of the NEZ seating contract, the Rock Garden is a premium viewing option that brings in revenue. That area is also used for practice and storage and is also utilized for outdoor events for the school. Another design feature is an outdoor balcony that extends the entire length of the second floor. It’s used as an outdoor area to host recruits prior to games. I get that people think that the NEZ always looks half full. But it only seems to bother those that don’t have seats there more than those that do. If you don’t like it, you will always find a reason to not like it.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:05 pm

A2534 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:44 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm
A2534 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

100% agree, NEZ always looks empty because everyone is spread out between seats, field, indoors, etc. Not sure what to do about it, as that is why everyone pays a premium to not wait in lines and being able to spread out. Same as the west club seats, they are often 50% or less occupied due to people indoors, but they are not quite as glaringly open as the NEZ.
Do you think that the loge boxes may have something to do with the appearance as well?

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:10 pm

goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

Moving students to the lower half of the NEZ has some interesting consequences...you move them away from (both sides of) the visitor's tunnel...which could limit potential clashes between students and opposing players there....BUUUUTTTT...it also puts students closer to the visiting fans section...which has the potential to cause problems also.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:35 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:10 pm
goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

Moving students to the lower half of the NEZ has some interesting consequences...you move them away from (both sides of) the visitor's tunnel...which could limit potential clashes between students and opposing players there....BUUUUTTTT...it also puts students closer to the visiting fans section...which has the potential to cause problems also.
I’m not suggesting to move student seating but to expand it. I don’t think it’s close enough to visitor seating to cause problems since they’re in the upper deck. But your thoughts are valid.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:52 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:35 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

I’m not suggesting to move student seating but to expand it. I don’t think it’s close enough to visitor seating to cause problems since they’re in the upper deck. But your thoughts are valid.
Another option is creating seats in the SEZ. Move the band to the middle of the SEZ and put students either in the seats occupied by the band in the west stands or put them on the new hill seats and put paying customers in the west stands. Add some ornamental concave discs to the NEZ facade to help bounce the sound back into the stadium.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:07 pm

They could always do things as simple as a one section buffer. Sell a section of regular App fans to buffer students from visiting fans.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

tigersef

Unread post by tigersef » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm

The NEZ should include 15-20 rows of lower-level seats, with field level luxury suites, and a field level patio area that allows for NEZ/Yosef Club members to have field access. This addition would also facilitate the connection of the east and west concourses on the north side of the stadium. This is the best long-term solution for the existing void in front of the NEZ.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:19 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:52 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:35 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

Another option is creating seats in the SEZ. Move the band to the middle of the SEZ and put students either in the seats occupied by the band in the west stands or put them on the new hill seats and put paying customers in the west stands. Add some ornamental concave discs to the NEZ facade to help bounce the sound back into the stadium.
The band needs to be in one of the end zones. Hate not being able to hear them from section 206.

GO APPS!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:32 pm

tigersef wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:14 pm
The NEZ should include 15-20 rows of lower-level seats, with field level luxury suites, and a field level patio area that allows for NEZ/Yosef Club members to have field access. This addition would also facilitate the connection of the east and west concourses on the north side of the stadium. This is the best long-term solution for the existing void in front of the NEZ.
The roof line on the non stadium side of the NEZ was designed and built as a connector between the east and west side. Yes it is outside the stadium but if they are going to connect the sides, that’s how it will be done.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 pm

What I want us to do with the lower area of the NEZ is add permanent field level suites/boxes. See Cowboys or Seahawks stadiums for examples. People will pay premium money for these. Worst view in the stadium but the social experience will have people breaking the bank. I suggested this once to my Yosef rep and FWIW they said they're exploring "all options".....that's a big chunk of easy money we're leaving on the table. Aesthetically, looks better than the Rock Garden and the NEZ area.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:21 pm

The next suites area needs to be top of the East stands. There is room and they will not be blocking view of anything.
Bring Your A Game!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:21 pm
The next suites area needs to be top of the East stands. There is room and they will not be blocking view of anything.
This is the area I would concentrate on. I would build this over the road towards the old quinn center and add bathrooms and concessions (Second Floor to the already existing bathrooms and concessions.) The plumbing is there just add a building on top of the other building and make the top of the second building another entrance into the stadium. The East stands have lots of space for a second floor concessions and bathroom that would be a relatively a cheap addition. You also could add seats where the Flower "A" is. I would lose the flower "A" and add the disneyesque "Yosefs Cabin with a Porch" for Yosef to hang out on....and bring in the game ball.
":

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:45 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:32 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:21 pm
This is the area I would concentrate on. I would build this over the road towards the old quinn center and add bathrooms and concessions (Second Floor to the already existing bathrooms and concessions.) The plumbing is there just add a building on top of the other building and make the top of the second building another entrance into the stadium. The East stands have lots of space for a second floor concessions and bathroom that would be a relatively a cheap addition. You also could add seats where the Flower "A" is. I would lose the flower "A" and add the disneyesque "Yosefs Cabin with a Porch" for Yosef to hang out on....and bring in the game ball.
":
I like this idea but I thought there has been talk of taking down the East stands and making them a more permanent concrete structure? If that's the case, club seats/suites in between the lower and upper decks of the east stands would make a lot of sense.

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:29 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:54 pm
What I want us to do with the lower area of the NEZ is add permanent field level suites/boxes. See Cowboys or Seahawks stadiums for examples. People will pay premium money for these. Worst view in the stadium but the social experience will have people breaking the bank. I suggested this once to my Yosef rep and FWIW they said they're exploring "all options".....that's a big chunk of easy money we're leaving on the table. Aesthetically, looks better than the Rock Garden and the NEZ area.
Fans in the NEZ already pay premium money for the social experience in that space. :D

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:33 pm

Is there a plan in place for additional long term seating? A plan that they can say this is what we're aiming for to handle increasing ticket sales and student interest.

Obviously the money isn't there for an instant full upgrade/addition but it would be nice to at least have a plan. Like, here's a picture of what we're truly picturing, with different phases planned for over the years. And then sticking to it.

The new regionally aligned look of the Sun Belt is going to draw large crowds as old and new rivalries are formed and away crowds travel by the thousands. I just hope we are prepared beyond temporary bleachers annually.

Full disclosure, I was lazy and didn't even bother searching online to see if something exists.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:17 am

I am a NEZ season ticket holder. Personally, I would be fine, if enough continuous demand for the seats being erected for UNC to stay. Heck, I was promised an overhang/roof (whatever you want to call it to protect from the elements and it got eliminated. With that said #freemillerhillformomoney first!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”