Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Justice, Gardner, Coltrane

scatman77

Justice, Gardner, Coltrane

Unread post by scatman77 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 am

Are there any pictures of the old Justice dorm location and what's being done there? Is there a timeline for the removal of Gardner and Coltrane? From the student housing camera it appears that all the new residence halls are almost complete.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Justice, Gardner, Coltrane

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:04 pm

They tore down Justice and are rebuilding it. I believe that they are inverting the design. Turning the U shaped design around. I have no idea about the others.

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:05 pm

The latest dorm is a replacement for all 3 dorms and is bigger than the others. Once it is open they will start taking down the older dorms and they will become surface lots.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Residence Hall Construction update with pics. Good progress underway.

https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... CiSxDRvb44
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 am

scatman77 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 am
Are there any pictures of the old Justice dorm location and what's being done there? Is there a timeline for the removal of Gardner and Coltrane? From the student housing camera it appears that all the new residence halls are almost complete.
The school posts updates for all construction projects on this site every week or two. Click the links for each project to get a status update and see pictures of the work.

https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... structure/
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:43 pm

If we have any parents of Current/Future Students, they may be able to look at the housing options for next year and give us an idea by which dorms are not listed for Fall.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:49 am

JTApps1 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 am
scatman77 wrote:
The school posts updates for all construction projects on this site every week or two. Click the links for each project to get a status update and see pictures of the work.

I wandered around the infrastructure page for awhile and have to admit, I'm impressed by the greenscape/parking deck plan for the area around the COB...or Raley...or Peacock or whatever y'all call it now.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:08 am

Bootsy wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:49 am
JTApps1 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

I wandered around the infrastructure page for awhile and have to admit, I'm impressed by the greenscape/parking deck plan for the area around the COB...or Raley...or Peacock or whatever y'all call it now.
You're not wrong. I think the daylighting of Boone Creek is one of the "under the radar" projects that will be a huge transformation of the campus. And in a very positive way. There's some people doing some good stuff that doesn't get the attention they deserve.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:44 am

The transformation is something to behold. I have some sentimentality regarding the previous structures, memories fade,but it’s a step forward and I’ve been an advocate.It is been managed very well.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:05 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:08 am
Bootsy wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

You're not wrong. I think the daylighting of Boone Creek is one of the "under the radar" projects that will be a huge transformation of the campus. And in a very positive way. There's some people doing some good stuff that doesn't get the attention they deserve.
If it looks anything like Boone Creek closer to Holmes then I will be VERY pleased. With all the pollution from the roads I doubt much will live in that creek but it would be wonderful to see a vigorous, full of life, stream be in existence there.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:09 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:05 pm
mike87 wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:
scatman77 wrote:

If it looks anything like Boone Creek closer to Holmes then I will be VERY pleased. With all the pollution from the roads I doubt much will live in that creek but it would be wonderful to see a vigorous, full of life, stream be in existence there.
In its present form, it’s still better than Eagle Creek.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:09 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:05 pm
mike87 wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
JTApps1 wrote:

In its present form, it’s still better than Eagle Creek.
True, I climbed down in the creek where the Boone Creek and the other stream merge to grab some litter before a football game. A big piece of polystyrene was stuck behind a large rock and it was too much for me to not get. I stayed out of the stream, not from worry about pollution, but I did not want to get wet before the game. Had I attempted that in Statesboro, I would have only done so in a full body Hazmat suit.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:44 pm

Crout Creek we talking about here?

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:50 am

I guess when they tear down Gardner they'll find more clay & concrete bricks,Playboy mags & condoms. :o (I hope the elevators work better in the new buildings) :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”