Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Why we all should give to Yosef

scatman77

Why we all should give to Yosef

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat May 22, 2021 1:56 pm

This is the reason for joining the Yosef Club. Mountaineers are champions on the field and court and most importantly in the classroom. Congratulations to all of our teams. If you're not a Yosef Club member/donor please consider joining. You can do so with a monthly draft so that budgets will work better. If at least half of our alumni give $20 a month the YC could raise about $13 million.
Attachments
App GPA 2021.jpeg
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Why we all should give to Yosef

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 22, 2021 7:46 pm

Except in T&F and Men's soccer. When the facilities are completed and in full use by the respective teams, I will make a donation of what I can afford. In the mean time GOAPPS!
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat May 22, 2021 7:49 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:46 pm
Except in T&F and Men's soccer. When the facilities are completed and in full use by the respective teams, I will make a donation of what I can afford. In the mean time GOAPPS!
You do realize this attitude is the exact reason teams had to be cut, right?
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat May 22, 2021 7:58 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:49 pm
NewApp wrote:
I respectfully disagree. They were discontinued primarily because they were a fiscal liability and non-self supporting in order for us to have the best 30,000 seat stadium in the country. (according to DG). Horse before the cart or cart before the horse whichever according to one's opinion and/or interest.

Let's face it. We are a football school with every thing else also rans fiscally. Not complaining because I love me some App football.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat May 22, 2021 8:09 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 7:58 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
I respectfully disagree. They were discontinued primarily because they were a fiscal liability and non-self supporting in order for us to have the best 30,000 seat stadium in the country. (according to DG). Horse before the cart or cart before the horse whichever according to one's opinion and/or interest.

Let's face it. We are a football school with every thing else also rans fiscally. Not complaining because I love me some App football.
While that is correct, if people donated to Yosef, we can have the best 30,000 seat stadium AND premier other sports. There is no reason our donations should be as small as they are (outside of the attitude you present)

Football runs college athletics whether you want to agree with it or not. Having a premier football team leads to better teams in other sports (with a few outliers). The opposite does not happen.

I don't disagree it was a bad move to remove the track without having a place for the team to go -- although, that impacts women's track too but I guess you just think it's men's track
tAPPedInSports.net

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat May 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Anytime we withhold our Yosef Club donations or refuse to join at all we are not hurting anyone in an office. We're hurting our student-athletes and their teams. While I'm not in on the ground floor in the athletic offices I'll bet dollars to donuts that if what I posted were true (half of alumni join at $20/month) the track and soccer programs would still be around.

I'm not a huge donor but I proudly give what I can as a retiree and regardless of what programs are in place, being cut, moved to another venue.....I will continue to give until I can't or it becomes unreasonable for my family budget.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat May 22, 2021 10:19 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:56 pm
I'll bet dollars to donuts that if what I posted were true (half of alumni join at $20/month) the track and soccer programs would still be around.
There's no betting about it. It's 100% accurate. Even the "big" schools didnt support the amount of programs we did and they had WAY more money.

It's truly a miracle we were able to support that many sports for as long as we did with as little alumni support we have.
tAPPedInSports.net

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Sat May 22, 2021 10:45 pm

We can talk crap all day about the UNC’s, ECU’s, USC’s, etc., but the fact remains... they are BETTER (FAR BETTER) than us from a donor/active alumni standpoint, and it’s disgusting. Less than 3,500 active donors out of 120,000 living alumni is pathetic, plain and simple. $50 a year (14 cents per day) is nothing if you’re healthy and willing to participate in some form of paid labor. The vast majority of App grads could just care less once they’re out of school... And worse, the best of them will willingly tell you so without blinking an eye...

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Sun May 23, 2021 10:07 am

That would be a good campaign: Set a campaign goal of reaching the same percentage of alumni donations as the average for all FBS schools in NC (whatever that is). It could make some alumni more aware how we compare and maybe induce them to support in small way such as the $50 suggested.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun May 23, 2021 10:31 am

AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
It may not be but it sure doesn’t help App Athletics to withhold $

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun May 23, 2021 12:20 pm

NewApp wrote:
Refusing to donate until they create their own money out of thin air to create top notch facilities? Spoken like a true WCU grad.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 23, 2021 12:44 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 8:09 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:

While that is correct, if people donated to Yosef, we can have the best 30,000 seat stadium AND premier other sports. There is no reason our donations should be as small as they are (outside of the attitude you present)

Football runs college athletics whether you want to agree with it or not. Having a premier football team leads to better teams in other sports (with a few outliers). The opposite does not happen.

I don't disagree it was a bad move to remove the track without having a place for the team to go -- although, that impacts women's track too but I guess you just think it's men's track
Yep, but there is no assurance it would be spent that way.
True, football drives all the other sports, but it does not provide the capital to support them.

And no, I don't think it is for men's track only and not women's in addition. Men's track and field happens to be the only sport I was able to participate in at App even though my favorite sport is football, and always has been and always will be.

See what happens when you jump to conclusion? You don't even know me and have never met me in person. No offense taken, however.
Go Apps..
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 23, 2021 12:48 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:20 pm
NewApp wrote:
Refusing to donate until they create their own money out of thin air to create top notch facilities? Spoken like a true WCU grad.
Nope, daze. I am NOT refusing. It's just that I have a limited amount of money I can set aside for donations.
However, I have either been in attendance for every football game, or watched on TV, or listed to on the radio for the past 15 and 1/2 years. Can you say that?

I donate in spirit no matter W or L.

Now, If I had your bank account evidently, I would do both equally.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 23, 2021 12:50 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:31 am
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
It may not be but it sure doesn’t help App Athletics to withhold $
NOT withholding, it's just I have a very limited amount to set aside for donations.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:56 pm
Anytime we withhold our Yosef Club donations or refuse to join at all we are not hurting anyone in an office. We're hurting our student-athletes and their teams. While I'm not in on the ground floor in the athletic offices I'll bet dollars to donuts that if what I posted were true (half of alumni join at $20/month) the track and soccer programs would still be around.

I'm not a huge donor but I proudly give what I can as a retiree and regardless of what programs are in place, being cut, moved to another venue.....I will continue to give until I can't or it becomes unreasonable for my family budget.
Now, I can quit buying tickets in order to attend games, adding and deleting channels to watch App on TV, missing work to attend or watch on TV, etc to give give a lot more money. I imagine ASU athletics would rather have my butt in the seats, etc than my money, since I can't afford to do bothbut I could be wrong. End of discussion.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:44 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:

True, football drives all the other sports, but it does not provide the capital to support them.

And no, I don't think it is for men's track only and not women's in addition. Men's track and field happens to be the only sport I was able to participate in at App even though my favorite sport is football, and always has been and always will be.

See what happens when you jump to conclusion? You don't even know me and have never met me in person. No offense taken, however.
Go Apps..
You literally said you'll only give to Yosef again when men's T&F has a venue. Nothing about womens T&F having a venue. You're the one that concluded you don't care about women's T&F -- not me.
tAPPedInSports.net

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 23, 2021 1:01 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Go Apps..
You literally said you'll only give to Yosef again when men's T&F has a venue. Nothing about womens T&F having a venue. You're the one that concluded you don't care about women's T&F -- not me.
Nope never said that specifically. FWIW and BTW, I give a small amount to YOSEF every single year and have done so since 1972..

Where did I say I didn't care about women's T&F? When we elected to move to FBS, I said I would regret not to field all sports, major and minor, women or men's.
Apology accepted in advance.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun May 23, 2021 1:07 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:

Go Apps..
Nope never said that specifically. FWIW and BTW, I give a small amount to YOSEF every single year and have done so since 1972..

Where did I say I didn't care about women's T&F? When we elected to move to FBS, I said I would regret not to field all sports, major and minor, women or men's.
Bahahha way to go back to edit your original post. You know, it's ok to admit you made a mistake, right? It happens.
tAPPedInSports.net

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun May 23, 2021 1:50 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:07 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 1:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Go Apps..

Bahahha way to go back to edit your original post. You know, it's ok to admit you made a mistake, right? It happens.
WRONG, dyslectic (sp) App friend. I edited nothing about that. But you knew that.

I do admit mistakes when I do make them and I have made zillions Since I didn't I won't. Now have a nice Sunday afternoon.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun May 23, 2021 3:09 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:48 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 12:20 pm
NewApp wrote:
Nope, daze. I am NOT refusing. It's just that I have a limited amount of money I can set aside for donations.
However, I have either been in attendance for every football game, or watched on TV, or listed to on the radio for the past 15 and 1/2 years. Can you say that?

I donate in spirit no matter W or L.

Now, If I had your bank account evidently, I would do both equally.
Wow, overly defensive today I see. You specifically said in the quoted post from you that you would not donate until the facilities are completed and in full use by the respective teams. That is literally saying that you refuse to donate even 1 dollar until the facilities are complete. So yes, you are refusing.

As far as the rest goes....ummm....congrats on having time to be at, watch, or listen to every game? I didn't realize this was about comparing sizes..........of bank accounts. If you can afford to go to the games then I think you should make it a goal to skip the concessions line for one game and instead donate that $10 to the YC. If we are going to sit around and play accountant then lets also be realistic about something else. If you are an alum and you can afford to go to the games at all then you more than likely make enough money that you could also give $20 a year and it not hurt you financially.

Oh well, I'll chalk all this up to your Cantamount logic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”