Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Season Ticket and Attendance

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Season Ticket and Attendance

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:53 pm

So my gf and I made a trip to Boone today. We were talking about the attendance issues and the lack of alternatives available to full season ticket purchases. The conversation led to some discussions on alternative solutions. Looking for some input on this idea, pro and con. What if APP went the way of PSL’s for seats. Say $100 per grants you the right to purchase tickets to games of interest to you a’la cart style? So let’s say you like your seats on the front row second deck on the 50 but can’t swing the weeknight games and ULM doesn’t interest you. So you have until say April 1 to pay your PSL, then June 1 to buy the tickets to the games you can make and after that, they become available in a queue as a single game ticket. If you choose to pick up a game or two later on, then you can, but you may not be guaranteed those seats. Thoughts, drawbacks, enhancements?

Rekdiver

Re: Season Ticket and Attendance

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:15 pm

$$$$$

GastonApp09

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:15 pm

I don't hate that idea. I remember when I was a student they had other season ticket options than just the full season. They had options for specific games like rivalry games, family games (homecoming/family weekend) or they also had a pick 3 option. While these don't solve all the problems, I think it would help. The weeknight games are forcing me out of season tickets. I'm choosing to do single game tickets for the Saturdays I can make, plus getting tix for ECU, and Georgia State. As a teacher I just can't swing a Wednesday/Thursday night during the school year.I wish we had those other options so I could at least guarantee the same seats for all games I can go to.
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:26 pm

GastonApp09 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:15 pm
I don't hate that idea. I remember when I was a student they had other season ticket options than just the full season. They had options for specific games like rivalry games, family games (homecoming/family weekend) or they also had a pick 3 option. While these don't solve all the problems, I think it would help. The weeknight games are forcing me out of season tickets. I'm choosing to do single game tickets for the Saturdays I can make, plus getting tix for ECU, and Georgia State. As a teacher I just can't swing a Wednesday/Thursday night during the school year.I wish we had those other options so I could at least guarantee the same seats for all games I can go to.
And your situation is the reason for coming up with this model. This allows people to buy what they want and guarantee that they sit where they want and with friends. Mini packs are difficult to market in our environment, as you have to market these plans well before the networks pick games to move. So in your case, let’s say they sold Marshall, ULM and USA together as option #1 and Coastal, GaSo and Elon as option #2. Both look somewhat attractive in February when you buy them, but then ESPN moves the premier game for each after the tickets are bought. Now you have to possibly “eat a ticket” because of work or family.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”