Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jason Isbell playing Kidd brewer

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Jason Isbell playing Kidd brewer

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:27 pm

They had the stage set up in the middle of the field facing the home stands. VIP seating was on the field and then everyone else was just seated in the stands. It was a really cool show. But with the size of the stadium I could not really gauge how many people were there. It wasn’t packed or anything like that. But there were a lot of people there. It was fun to be seated on the field and being about to look up and around from that vantage point and with the show playing into the night, heat wasn’t an issue.

app97
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by app97 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:47 pm

ShagNC wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:10 pm
JPatH3292 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:35 am
I remember reading an article (possibly in the Appalachian) while in school about the time Phish came to varsity gym in the 90s. Absolutely hilarious read about the atmosphere leading up to and during the show. I’m sure its out there somewhere.
DMB and Widespread Panic also came thru in the 90s/early 2000s. Panic was multiple times (lead guitarist was originally from Boone).
Man, seeing Panic/Phish or really any jam band in Boone would be wild. Anyone else going to see WSP in Wilmington this weekend?
Panic played at Horn in the West after I arrived at App in fall of 95. Joan Osborne opened…weird.

I’ve never heard of any other bands playing at Horn in the West now that I think of it.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:32 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:03 am
BayouApp wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:36 am
Now if you really want to do the time machine, Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel played at Varsity Gym in the mid/late 70s. Joel made fun of the gym and asked if it was the Boone Bus Terminal. It was a small but very enthusiastic crowd for Springsteen. Both put on a great show.
Joel was probably asking because he was looking for a place to drunk crash his car later
Joel is a tool.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian General Discussion”